Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #1816
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post

So sorry to hear of your husband's second stroke. One was more than bad enough. Hope his recovery goes well and you can cruise together next year!
We hope to cruise again... Continued prayers during his long recovery are ver appreciated!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #1817
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

When to Santa Barbara today for lunch. As we sat down to lunch at 1:30 the fog rolled in. very common this time of year.
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #1818
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
You should be able to get your transfers on the ship. Last two cruises I have been on that need in L.A. that was a option. Just go to guest services.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
I thought I had read that on the Navigator's but also I thought I recently saw they needed to be booked 2weeks before the cruise begins. I am thinking now that those transfers were the airport to port ones. Ah well, out TA is on to it for us now so it should be all set very soon. Thanks Alan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson's grammie View Post
When to Santa Barbara today for lunch. As we sat down to lunch at 1:30 the fog rolled in. very common this time of year.
Our first and only trip down from San Francisco to LA(late September 1996 or '97 I think) we set off in bright sunshine from SF and enjoyed the journey until we reached Carmel and then the fog rolled in. All the way down we never saw the wonderful views. Once it did go the weather wasn't too good due to the remnants of a hurricane which was a surprise, so kind of dull with rough seas. The surfers loved it though.

Ever since we have been meaning to do it all again and hope to see the views but so far we haven't managed it and I doubt we will now as this is probably our last trip to the West Coast USA.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #1819
aan1701
DIS Veteran

So I just wanted to throw this out to everyone. If today was any indication of how things are going to go in the world of U.S. air travel, pack a lot of patience. Here at LAX we experienced an average of 3 hour delays and a lot of cancelations. I witnessed quite a few melt downs tonight. Please remember, it is not the airlines fault. Please do not take it out on the people at the airport. Contact your congress people. It is my hope that things will improve over the next two weeks before our great voyage.

DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #1820
corbett744
Mouseketeer

Anne, So sorry you won't be cruising, but we will continue to keep you and your husband in our prayers.
Cindi
2013 July Holland American Canadian Cruise
May 2013 Wonder WBPC
May 2012 Diamond Princess-Alaska15 day cruise tour
July 2011 Magic 11 night Mediterranean
May 2010 Coral Princess Alaska 11 day cruise tour
April 2010 Magic Trans Atlantic Eastbound
December 2008 Magic 3 night Bahamas
April 2006 RCCL Western Carribean
April 2002 Magic 7 night Carribean
June 2001 Wonder 4 night Bahamas with
Girl Scouts
February 2000 Magic 4 night Bahamas
corbett744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1821
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Water Taxis in Cabo?

I'd like to at least put my feet in the water at either Puerto Vallarta or Cabo - so I can say I've been in the Caribbean (Castaway Cay) and the Pacific within a two-week period!

We've got a tour planned for PV that takes up most of the day, but have no plans in Cabo. I was looking around the Cruise Critic board and several people have mentioned the water taxis - wanted to know if anyone here had experience with them and/or could provide specifics on where they are located and what beaches they go to.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #1822
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
I'd like to at least put my feet in the water at either Puerto Vallarta or Cabo - so I can say I've been in the Caribbean (Castaway Cay) and the Pacific within a two-week period!

We've got a tour planned for PV that takes up most of the day, but have no plans in Cabo. I was looking around the Cruise Critic board and several people have mentioned the water taxis - wanted to know if anyone here had experience with them and/or could provide specifics on where they are located and what beaches they go to.

Thanks!
In Cabo when you get off the tender a very short walk will bring you to the water taxi . you can take a water taxi directly across from the ship to the beach. "the office" is one of them. As long as you are mobile the water taxi work great because you do have to step on and off of them into water. We walked a little further to the back of the area and took a real taxi to the same beach and got to see a little of the city. We went to Miilgans which is right next to "TheOffice" played in the sand and the water, had lunch and sang with the music. You can see the ship directly across from the beach. Loved Cabo.
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #1823
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

WiFi in ports

Has anybody done research on the availability free wifi in the various ports? I'm afraid of going through complete withdrawal over 14 days.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #1824
granmaz

Quote:
So I just wanted to throw this out to everyone. If today was any indication of how things are going to go in the world of U.S. air travel, pack a lot of patience. Here at LAX we experienced an average of 3 hour delays and a lot of cancelations. I witnessed quite a few melt downs tonight. Please remember, it is not the airlines fault. Please do not take it out on the people at the airport. Contact your congress people. It is my hope that things will improve over the next two weeks before our great voyage.

Thanks for the info Alan. What is causing the problem? I know for those entering the USA there are long long lines at Immigration these days and I have heard of it taking 3 hours to get out of Orlando airport for international visitors!! But it sounds like something is disrupting domestic flights too from what you say. With only doing domestic flights this time as we are sailing over I was hoping for smoother exits from the airports!! Mind you the USA immigration coming in on a cruise line can be maddening. We in the UK make it much easier for you to enter the UK than the other way round. I wish they wouldn't treat us all as criminals and worse just because we want to come over for a holiday.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #1825
WestCoastNovaks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Thanks for the info Alan. What is causing the problem? I know for those entering the USA there are long long lines at Immigration these days and I have heard of it taking 3 hours to get out of Orlando airport for international visitors!! But it sounds like something is disrupting domestic flights too from what you say. With only doing domestic flights this time as we are sailing over I was hoping for smoother exits from the airports!! Mind you the USA immigration coming in on a cruise line can be maddening. We in the UK make it much easier for you to enter the UK than the other way round. I wish they wouldn't treat us all as criminals and worse just because we want to come over for a holiday.
government mandated furlough.
Seattle, WA

2014 Aulani DVC - April
2013 14 Day WBPC on the Wonder - May
2010 7 Day Caribbean on the Magic - December
2009 4 Day Caribbean on the Wonder - September
WestCoastNovaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #1826
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson's grammie View Post
In Cabo when you get off the tender a very short walk will bring you to the water taxi . you can take a water taxi directly across from the ship to the beach. "the office" is one of them. As long as you are mobile the water taxi work great because you do have to step on and off of them into water. We walked a little further to the back of the area and took a real taxi to the same beach and got to see a little of the city. We went to Miilgans which is right next to "TheOffice" played in the sand and the water, had lunch and sang with the music. You can see the ship directly across from the beach. Loved Cabo.
Thanks for the info - so, we should plan to wear our water shoes on the taxi & carry our sneakers, right?

Maybe we'll do a regular taxi one way and the water taxi the other... or is it close enough (2 miles or less) to walk back to the dock?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #1827
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastNovaks View Post
government mandated furlough.
Not sure I understand completely with language differences and differences in ways of doing things but is it a way for the government to save money by not paying people for some time off work?

Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #1828
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Not sure I understand completely with language differences and differences in ways of doing things but is it a way for the government to save money by not paying people for some time off work?
Pretty much. Think of it as unpaid, forced vacation (holiday).
Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #1829
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes you are correct. The Federal Agency that controls our sky's, the FAA, has mandated that every two weeks x amount of controllers take a mandatory day off without pay. So with less eyes watching the sky delays will happen. That's why I sent out my post. It's not the airlines fault most likely that a flight is delayed these days it's the governments fault. That's why I was asking people to stay calm and not take the frustration on the poor front line people. I saw enough of that yesterday. One was so bad they had to call Airport police.

DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #1830
Brixton
From the world's best Eco-Village all the way to the Wonder

Quote:

Thanks, Alan. Hope ONT will be easier. Regardless, we're prepared to "hurry up and wait" all the way to FLL.

14 days

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: