Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #2791
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

I had a dream the other night that we were upgraded in a big way...
When we did WL 2 years ago we were upgraded from a standard view room to a courtyard view overlooking the pool.

In my dream we were upgraded to CL....very weird
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #2792
francileb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
As a DVC member, I can see the order form on the DVC website in case I want to order from the Marketplace and have the stuff brought up to my room. I believe the prices are the same as if I purchase the stuff myself in the marketplace. Here are the prices from the order form:

1 red apple: $1.49
1 green apple: $1.49
1 orange: $1.49
1 banana: $1.49
1 grapefruit: $1.49
1 pint of strawberries: $9.99
1 pint of blueberries: $8.99
1 pint of raspberries: $9.99
1/2 gallon Borden whole milk: $2.95
1/2 gallon Borden 1% milk: $2.95
1/2 gallon Borden fat free milk: $2.95
Kraft Cheese, colby, 8 oz: $5.95
Kraft Cheese, cheddar, 8 oz: $5.95
Dietz & Watson, block of NY Sharp cheddar: $6.95
Dietz & Watson, block of Muenster: $6.95
Dietz & Watson, block of smoked gouda: $7.95

It doesn't say how big the "block" is.

I didn't see the "cheese sticks" on the list.
Thank you so much--this is just the info I was looking for.

This thread rocks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #2793
francileb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerish View Post
francileb, remember to take the delivery fee and tip into account when doing your caculations. If you do not need a bunches of stuff, it may be easier to just get it from the market.
I think you are right on the money with this... thanks for helping a newbie out
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #2794
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Tax payer dollars at work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
I'm baffled!! Are your kids at public or private schools? We've never had to fill out a form to pull our kids out!! Or maybe I should have been and I didn't know it My kids attend a private school and I don't think I have heard a parent talk about filling out forms to pull their kids out!!
It's called superintendent job security!

We have decided that as our kids have gotten older the homework/classwork make-up is too much. Our school expects it all to be turned in the day you get back and we seem to be worrying about it the whole time we are away.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #2795
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
I'm baffled!! Are your kids at public or private schools? We've never had to fill out a form to pull our kids out!! Or maybe I should have been and I didn't know it My kids attend a private school and I don't think I have heard a parent talk about filling out forms to pull their kids out!!
Public... And it seems to be PA wide. Other districts are much more strict than ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
It's called superintendent job security!

We have decided that as our kids have gotten older the homework/classwork make-up is too much. Our school expects it all to be turned in the day you get back and we seem to be worrying about it the whole time we are away.
LOL! I usually time it for very early or very late in the school year so it is easier for her to catch up. No one has expected everything to be done in one night though! That is too much!!!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #2796
mousekatool
Mouseketeer

Just back from a week at YC, and it was wonderful! We booked garden view, and our room overlooked the walkway from the back of the lobby. So, we ended up having a lovely view of SAB in front and the boat launch down to the right. The balcony was a great place to watch the fireworks portion of Illuminations. We ate at B&C (the No Way Jose was well worth the calories!), Hurricane Hanna's, and Cape May for breakfast- the characters were great, and the food was very good. We only made it to SAB one afternoon, but the kids loved it. We also stumbled upon the campfire and roasted marshmallows one night (someone asked about the time, I think it was about 6:30). Hopefully I can find time to post a trip report, but it may be awhile- reality is setting in hard now that we're back. Oh well, guess that means I need to plan the next trip!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #2797
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousekatool View Post
Just back from a week at YC, and it was wonderful! We booked garden view, and our room overlooked the walkway from the back of the lobby. So, we ended up having a lovely view of SAB in front and the boat launch down to the right. The balcony was a great place to watch the fireworks portion of Illuminations. We ate at B&C (the No Way Jose was well worth the calories!), Hurricane Hanna's, and Cape May for breakfast- the characters were great, and the food was very good. We only made it to SAB one afternoon, but the kids loved it. We also stumbled upon the campfire and roasted marshmallows one night (someone asked about the time, I think it was about 6:30). Hopefully I can find time to post a trip report, but it may be awhile- reality is setting in hard now that we're back. Oh well, guess that means I need to plan the next trip!
Glad you had a wonderful trip! Post Disney Depression is a bummer, I hate that part of the Disney trip cycle especially because we will not be returning as frequently as we used to. May I ask, did you make a room request for that location and, if so, what did you request specifically? Just curious.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #2798
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

I am pretty worried about taking my boys out of school this October, but my brother is getting married in FL the weekend before and i just cant be in FL and NOT go to Disney. . I have never worried before but my oldest will be in 7th grade and he is taking honors classes, including whatever math they normally have in 10th grade (I have no idea yet, LOL, but he is in algebra 1 this year). His homework load is hard as it is. And, the principal at my younger boys' elementary has developed a more hard-line approach to unexcused absences in the past couple years. Technically, our district can refer 5 unexcused absences to a truant officer but it is rare. I can only hope it is ok! But we will be late May/early June visitors from now on.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #2799
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

So since this has been a hot topic amongst us vacationing parents, I did some research as to what ACTUALLY happens if/when you take your child out of school for "unexcused" absences, (at least in the state of NY).

Child Protective Services can contacted by the school district to investigate for educational neglect, however, there is well-defined criteria that has to be met to actually PROVE that educational neglect took place.

I'm friendly with a local CPS investigator, she says that unless the school (here locally) thinks it's foul play (abuse or parents don't know etc), they don't request an investigation. They are costly and long and usually are unfounded because it doesn't met enough of the criteria set forth in the law.

Bottom line? Huge scare tactic on the schools behalf. I agree kids need to go to school, but I won't be intimidated if they are physically with me then that's my choice.

Here's some light reading if you're bored:

http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/pps/educationalneglect/

Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #2800
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
So since this has been a hot topic amongst us vacationing parents, I did some research as to what ACTUALLY happens if/when you take your child out of school for "unexcused" absences, (at least in the state of NY).

Child Protective Services can contacted by the school district to investigate for educational neglect, however, there is well-defined criteria that has to be met to actually PROVE that educational neglect took place.

I'm friendly with a local CPS investigator, she says that unless the school (here locally) thinks it's foul play (abuse or parents don't know etc), they don't request an investigation. They are costly and long and usually are unfounded because it doesn't met enough of the criteria set forth in the law.

Bottom line? Huge scare tactic on the schools behalf. I agree kids need to go to school, but I won't be intimidated if they are physically with me then that's my choice.

Here's some light reading if you're bored:

http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/pps/educationalneglect/
Thank you for your well written post.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #2801
mousekatool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post

Glad you had a wonderful trip! Post Disney Depression is a bummer, I hate that part of the Disney trip cycle especially because we will not be returning as frequently as we used to. May I ask, did you make a room request for that location and, if so, what did you request specifically? Just curious.
No, we decided to just roll the dice, and that was a little pixie dust. It was also a handicapped accessible room, so the bathroom was huge. Not sure why we ended up there.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #2802
kenly777
Mouseketeer

I joined this thread to learn about the BC and I was super impressed with how friendly everyone was and what a positive experience everyone was having. Lately it has become very negative about school districts. Not all of us educators are out to get people. Most of us are there because we love kids.

Now, can we resume BC/YC info and stories? Thank you.

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #2803
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousekatool View Post
Welcome back..........even though I know you would rather still be there!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #2804
Riding Air
Earning My Ears

Beach Club Rooms

Hi there!

I am new to this forum so please be gentle with me!

We are returning to Disney this August; the previous 3 times we have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, this time we have booked the Beach Club.

We have booked a Garden View room, 2 questions:-

1. Can someone recommend the best room location to request?

2. Is it worth paying extra to upgrade to a Lagoon / Pool view room?

Many thanks for all your help.

Jonathan
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #2805
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!!

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

Oh! And we were Family of the Day!

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: