Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
SFRN97
Mouseketeer

First Disney cruise

Hi this will be our first Disney Cruise we have a 5 night cruise in Feb 2014 on the Wonder what can we expect in terms of character interactions including princesses, shows, pool time (kids love pool) we just arrived from 5 days at DL and had a great time with lots of character interactions. Just don't know what to expect any info would be appreciated. My kids will be 4 and 8 at time of sailing and lastly do they off a photo pass CD just did the photo pass plus at DL and came out with great photos 237 for just the $65 prepurchase price
Sept 2008 DS first trip POP & our first MNSHP
Nov 2010 DD first trip CBR & Our first MVMCP
April 2013 first trip to Disneyland at the Paradise Pier
Feb 2014 first Disney Cruise on the Wonder with Grandma and Grandpa
April 2015 Disney Cruise on the Dream, WDW at Port Orleans French Quarter & first trip to Universal for Harry Potter
SFRN97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
tryin
Mouseketeer

You can expect loads of everything. You will receive a Navigator that outlines when and where everything happens. We are not big on characters, but they were always around. My DD even found Cinderella in the hall near the elevators with no one else around. We took a picture without having to wait in any lines. The lines for the scheduled photo ops arent that bad either, but we never really needed to wait in any lines because we always happened to be in the right place at the right time. They will also show up at certain times in the kids' club and lab.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

They do have a photo CD option, but the cost is significantly more than the parks, I don't know what it would be for a 5 night, im sure someone will post it.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 View Post
They do have a photo CD option, but the cost is significantly more than the parks, I don't know what it would be for a 5 night, im sure someone will post it.
I googled, looks like $250 for a 5 night cruise
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRN97 View Post
Hi this will be our first Disney Cruise we have a 5 night cruise in Feb 2014 on the Wonder what can we expect in terms of character interactions including princesses, shows, pool time (kids love pool) we just arrived from 5 days at DL and had a great time with lots of character interactions. Just don't know what to expect any info would be appreciated. My kids will be 4 and 8 at time of sailing and lastly do they off a photo pass CD just did the photo pass plus at DL and came out with great photos 237 for just the $65 prepurchase price
There will be character meet and greets scheduled at various locations each day. Check the Navigator each night for the next day's schedule. You will also run into random characters around the ship.

Photos cost $19.95 for 8X10 (formal pictures and roving photographers) and $12.95 for 6X8 (character photos).

There is a length of cruise CD with all photos taken by the ships photographers (sorry, I don't know the price for the 5 night, it varies by length of cruise, but I'd guess it to be in the $250-$300 range. For an additional $50 you can get all the photos on the CD printed. There are also 10 ($149.95) and 20 ($249.95) photo packages. With these you can get either printed photos or the CD with 10 or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

First No Photo Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRN97 View Post
Its Shutters on board ship. It is terrible, bring your own good camera, just buy a few important pictures. Problem is when you get home you cannot resize pictures you will pay a fortune for. They will not print out
correct.

You will see all you mentioned alot more than you ever did at WDW.

Time of year castway cay it is good chance it will be cold. Water will be. Weather going to Cozomel should be a lot warmer. Suggest the cat o morand trip that includes beach, book it though Disney. They will not leave until they get you back if you book with them.

Last edited by Beermam42; 04-22-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
elyse493
Earning My Ears

I love the characters on the ship. My little sister's favorite princess is Belle and their interaction was so cute. Belle actually remembered my sister's name which was so special!
elyse493 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: