Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Moniqu17
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 187

Printing boarding pass while at AKL

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting, but I've been a stalker for a while and love to read all the threads and great information!

We are staying at the AKL lodge (decided to rent DVC points for the first time since I couldn't stand waiting any longer for late summer discounts!!). We decided to book flights through spirit but need to print our boarding passes so we don't get stuck with the fees at the airport. Will this be possible at AKL? I've never stayed at AKL before (always values or moderates), but was happy to find out what a great deal we could get through renting DVC points

Thanks for the help!!
Moniqu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqu17 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting, but I've been a stalker for a while and love to read all the threads and great information!

We are staying at the AKL lodge (decided to rent DVC points for the first time since I couldn't stand waiting any longer for late summer discounts!!). We decided to book flights through spirit but need to print our boarding passes so we don't get stuck with the fees at the airport. Will this be possible at AKL? I've never stayed at AKL before (always values or moderates), but was happy to find out what a great deal we could get through renting DVC points

Thanks for the help!!
Welcome to the Dis

Yes, you can go to the concierge desk in the lobby and have them print your boarding passes .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Moniqu17
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 187

Thank you... that's a relief!!
Moniqu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqu17 View Post
Thank you... that's a relief!!
You're welcome....have a great trip .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!
 
raven69david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,960

Too bad Spirit is not on the RAC list. These are the ones that participate:

Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
AirTran Airways
Continental Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue Airways
Southwest Airlines
United Airlines
US Airways
__________________
You mean there are other places to vacation besides Walt Disney World?
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
chasgoose
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 469

They can still provide a computer to check in online and print boarding passes from the Spirit website though. OP just won't be able to check luggage.

Last edited by chasgoose; 04-21-2013 at 03:09 PM.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
Too bad Spirit is not on the RAC list. These are the ones that participate:

Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
AirTran Airways
Continental Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue Airways
Southwest Airlines
United Airlines
US Airways
If all the OP needs is a computer to check in and print, that can't be done? I figured anyone could do this, but I guess not.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
They can still provide a computer to check in online and print boarding passes from the Spirit website though
This is what I thought (as my post above states). So this can be done?
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 04-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
chasgoose
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

This is what I thought (as my post above states). So this can be done?
Yeah. They have a computer and a printer, thus they will be able to print off a boarding pass just like anyone else. The listed airlines are just the ones where you can check in and also check luggage with Magical Express.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
Yeah. They have a computer and a printer, thus they will be able to print off a boarding pass just like anyone else. The listed airlines are just the ones where you can check in and also check luggage with Magical Express.
Thanks.....that's what I thought .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,956

FYI, if you need to check in at 24 hour-mark, and you will be in a park, then Guest Services can also print boarding passes. I've had GS at the Magic Kingdom get our Southwest boardingpasses for us. We even got A's from them.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
Moniqu17
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 187

Thanks again for all the help. We have our seat assignments already so we really just need to check-in to our flights and print boarding passes sometime before we leave the hotel. I just didn't want to pay the extra price that spirit charges. Even if we had to with all our luggage etc they are still much cheaper than all the other airlines but who doesn't want to save a few bucks?!
Moniqu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
sndral
DIS Veteran
 
sndral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,650

Sometimes they deliver your boarding passes in your DME package.
__________________
sndral is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.