Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
jessthemix
Mouseketeer

Deluxe Dining Plan and Appetizers

Hi,

I used the search function for this question, but I wasn't able to find an exact answer.

I know that appetizers are included with the Deluxe Dining plan, but does that mean that each person gets an appetizer?

For instance, there are two adults and two children in our party. How many appetizers will we get?

All-Star Movies (2012); Pop Century (2013); All-Star Movies (2014)

jessthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Each adult will get an appetizer - un;ess it's an appetizer intended for 2. Some of the restaurants have calamari that is meant for 2. That would use both of your appetizer entitlements.

On the DxDP for the kids, each menu is slightly different, but essentially there are "complete meals," that come with everything on one plate, or separate offerings and the apps for kids are small salads, fruit cup, carrot and celery sticks or sometimes a small cup of soup. The kids can't get an app from the adult menu - unless you have paid for the adult plan for your child(ren).

Hope that helps.
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
jessthemix
Mouseketeer

That is very helpful! Thanks! I thought maybe that was the case, but as I was looking over the menus, I thought it may be too good to be true!

I know that is going to be lots and lots of food, but we chose the DxDP as a way to try new things. We may not actually eat all that food (in fact, I KNOW we won't), but it will be nice to be able to pick and choose and not worry about price. We will have our own mini buffet at our table.

Thanks again for your quick response!

All-Star Movies (2012); Pop Century (2013); All-Star Movies (2014)

jessthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
andysomma1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Each adult will get an appetizer - unless it's an appetizer intended for 2. Some of the restaurants have calamari that is meant for 2. That would use both of your appetizer entitlements.

On the DxDP for the kids, each menu is slightly different, but essentially there are "complete meals," that come with everything on one plate, or separate offerings and the apps for kids are small salads, fruit cup, carrot and celery sticks or sometimes a small cup of soup. The kids can't get an app from the adult menu - unless you have paid for the adult plan for your child(ren).

Hope that helps.
So if you're alone on the deluxe plan can you not order the calamari at those restaurants?
andysomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Appetizers are not included at breakfast or counter service - it's just TS restaurants for lunch and dinner.

As for whether one person can order calimari designated as an appetizer for 2, that's up to the restaurant. Some of them are strict and will say you can't order that item on DDP and others will apparently allow it.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessthemix View Post
Hi,

I used the search function for this question, but I wasn't able to find an exact answer.

I know that appetizers are included with the Deluxe Dining plan, but does that mean that each person gets an appetizer?

For instance, there are two adults and two children in our party. How many appetizers will we get?
Each person gets an appetizer. For the kids, they'll have app choices on the kids menu but they aren't genuine appetizers really. More like a salad or soup or something.

But the adults will all get a regular appetizer for each.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysomma1 View Post
So if you're alone on the deluxe plan can you not order the calamari at those restaurants?
I've never heard of any reports of it honestly, but I'd assume no. It requires 2 separate app credits to get, and you wouldn't be able to pull off of another TS credit. KWIM?
Old 04-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessthemix View Post
I know that is going to be lots and lots of food, but we chose the DxDP as a way to try new things. We may not actually eat all that food (in fact, I KNOW we won't), but it will be nice to be able to pick and choose and not worry about price. We will have our own mini buffet at our table.

Thanks again for your quick response!
We tried the DlxDDP and we loved it. We had the DDP a few times prior to that so we were familiar with the dining plans, but the DlxDDP was great to try as we tried a few signature restaurants, but still had plenty of credits to use the entire trip. Plus we have 2 older teen DSs who can eat, so it was nice to have so many credits to use and not have to worry about using a cc every time or pulling cash out for them to use for CS meals or snacks .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysomma1 View Post
The third party restaurants are not likely to let you order an app for 2 because it requires 2 people' credits and their reimbursement from Disney depends on following the rules of the dining plan. You would have to pay OOP for it. Some of the Disney owned places might allow it. I know Rose & Crown used to have an app for 2, but they would let one person order it. I think it was a smaller portion. On the other hand, Grand Floridian Café has a dessert sampler, but it required 2 people's credits.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
Kelli Pooh
Mouseketeer

We love the DxDP. We enjoy trying new foods and this helped us experience things we would have never ordered OOP. Loved the ostrich appitizer at Jiko!

Kelli Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #11
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
The third party restaurants are not likely to let you order an app for 2 because it requires 2 people' credits and their reimbursement from Disney depends on following the rules of the dining plan. You would have to pay OOP for it. Some of the Disney owned places might allow it. I know Rose & Crown used to have an app for 2, but they would let one person order it. I think it was a smaller portion. On the other hand, Grand Floridian Café has a dessert sampler, but it required 2 people's credits.
True! I have also ordered the appetizers for two at Mama Melrose, when I was solo. (In fact, I've ordered the calamari once and the antipasta platter twice there when I was solo). I've also ordered the one at Rose & Crown a couple of times. Most places require that two people order them though.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: