Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
KCMiller
Has decided she does not need anonymous approval, even if it does come from a fairy...

Question Moving out of underage housing?

My DS will be arriving for his CP on August 12th, and will turn 21 three weeks into the program. He will of course have to be placed into underage housing, but with all the horror stories we have heard about entire underage apartments being termed for alcohol violations (first hand, from our DD who did her CP about a year ago), we are trying to find out if he can move into 21+ housing as soon as he turns 21.

He's not planning on doing ANY drinking, but we know of at least three CP folks who were sent home because their roommates were termed for alcohol - they were assumed to have been involved, because it was in their room, and so they were termed along with the really guilty party. Which would be a really terrible way to get termed. So the sooner he can get out of that housing, the better.

Thoughts?

And thanks!

KC

My DD was a Maid at Haunted Mansion , and then she was a Merchantainer at AK ! Hooray for the College Program!

My DS was a lifeguard at Blizzard Beach, and then a lifeguard at Caribbean Beach! Hooray for the College Program!
KCMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMiller View Post
My DS will be arriving for his CP on August 12th, and will turn 21 three weeks into the program. He will of course have to be placed into underage housing, but with all the horror stories we have heard about entire underage apartments being termed for alcohol violations (first hand, from our DD who did her CP about a year ago), we are trying to find out if he can move into 21+ housing as soon as he turns 21.

He's not planning on doing ANY drinking, but we know of at least three CP folks who were sent home because their roommates were termed for alcohol - they were assumed to have been involved, because it was in their room, and so they were termed along with the really guilty party. Which would be a really terrible way to get termed. So the sooner he can get out of that housing, the better.

Thoughts?

And thanks!

KC
I have read yes he can and it's a one time "free" move. Things may have changed but I imagine it's similar.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Musings
Mouseketeer

I am currently on the DCP. I turned 21 about a month and a half into my program (arrived February, had my birthday March). I suppose it depends on his roommate. The thing about termination is it only matters if the roomie brings alcohol INTO the house. Otherwise, it will not cause them to be termed. My roomie is underage and I chose to stay in my wellness housing. It is a one time free move, yes, but you do not know where you will end up and it may cause more trouble than it is worth if they like their roomies.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: