Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Mara + Food Allergies Experience?

I have a long list of allergies (some of the biggest being wheat, dairy, egg, peanut, soy, garlic, flaxseed) and had an awesome vacation of eating great food last year while staying at POP and visiting AoA (as well as in the parks). We will be visiting POP again for a week this September with DS and my mom but then DH and I are considering renting points from a friend to stay at Kidani for another week for our 10th anniversary (my parents and inlaws are awesome about taking DS every year for a few days so DH and I can have some alone time! ). I know Mara is located in the Jambo House, but it is no issue for us to walk over (we have visited AKV many times to eat at Sanaa and visit Boma so we know the layout) but I am wondering if anyone can comment on how Mara is with food allergies. Honestly, we will mostly be eating in the parks or at other TS resort restaurants but I would like to know that if I wanted, I could have a meal or two at Mara. One reason we want to stay at Kidani is to have a more relaxed feel and it would be nice to have as many options right there as possible if we feel like lounging around. I realize there are kitchens in the rooms, but with all my food allergies, I cook EVERY meal I eat when not at WDW so I am hoping to not cook if possible. I am posting this on the Disney Restaurants forum, too but I have gotten so much great information in this forum from others with food allergies, I thought maybe someone here would have some experience. Thanks for any help!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: