Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #91
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
My apologies, but I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of this--

Do you hate boardwalk for some reason? Or do you love the feel of Allstars? (many people do) Does any one else get this? Not trying to be rude, just trying to understand.
I understand completely what they are saying. They care more for the location of the Boardwalk Inn than the amenities. I think that is understandable. The location is exactly what the poster wants in staying at a hotel, being easily accessible to Epcot, and DHS as well. And similarly, people are willing to pay that money to stay on the monorail line, or even walking distance to the MK in the case of Contemporary.

To me, my family spends very little time at the resort anyway, so amenities and stuff like that mean very little to me. I'm much more interested in location (especially being on Disney property), transportation, Magical Express, etc.
mvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #92
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Thank you for the clarification. As it turns out we are in complete agreement. Staying at the BW, BC, and BLT (DVC member) in my opinion are so far superior to any other location on property, we won't stay anywhere else. As far as the pricing, when you have developed a "world" which is like nothing ever created anywhere else, regardless of the current levels of neglect , you can charge whatever you want for admission. The reason the pricing is not excessive is because there is no other place to compare it to. If you want the disney experience, you can't get it at universal, simply due to the size differences. Until another company buys huge acreage, creates better parks, resorts, transportation, dinning, and yes, people like the shopping, Disney will never have a real competitor.
Good to hear-yes you summed up what I meant/feel as well. I get 10 days (with 2 weekend in there) to get out of these 80 hour year around work weeks and have found this "creation" as you say is far and away "THEE" place we are going. We do often split a few days at BLT so we can walk to MK as well. I don't think Disney's "Deluxe" has to be at Four Season levels at all.

Once Four Seasons builds next to EPCOT and has its own entrance-I will be glad to check pricing and amenities. But even then, the ease of ME regarding bags etc better be included. Right or wrong-I can't really improve on what we get there currently.
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #93
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Good to hear-yes you summed up what I meant/feel as well. I get 10 days (with 2 weekend in there) to get out of these 80 hour year around work weeks and have found this "creation" as you say is far and away "THEE" place we are going. We do often split a few days at BLT so we can walk to MK as well. I don't think Disney's "Deluxe" has to be at Four Season levels at all.

Once Four Seasons builds next to EPCOT and has its own entrance-I will be glad to check pricing and amenities. But even then, the ease of ME regarding bags etc better be included. Right or wrong-I can't really improve on what we get there currently.
It's own entrance? You have inside info?
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #94
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
It's own entrance? You have inside info?
~Oh pirate, you are just too funny, lol. Be nice.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #95
fr spodo komodo
Earning My Ears

I would love if Disney made fast passes exclusive to delude resort guests like what is done at universal.
fr spodo komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #96
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr spodo komodo View Post
I would love if Disney made fast passes exclusive to delude resort guests like what is done at universal.
Good idea or maybe resort guest get 6 fp and non resort get 3 in regards to MM+
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #97
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's nice for those who can AFFORD deluxe..... That's the problem today..everything for those who have the most.
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #98
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Disney View Post
That's nice for those who can AFFORD deluxe..... That's the problem today..everything for those who have the most.
I'm not sure that is just today---I think it has always been that way.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #99
fr spodo komodo
Earning My Ears

But for the price difference between a deluxe and a value you don't get much extra
fr spodo komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #100
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
But for the price difference between a deluxe and a value you don't get much extra
As stated above-- for some of us the walk to the parks (location) is priceless ( almost)
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #101
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave

As stated above-- for some of us the walk to the parks (location) is priceless ( almost)
$1500 a week?

Wow...I though I hated buses...

YOU must really hate buses
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #102
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave

I'm not sure that is just today---I think it has always been that way.
Here here...Disney has never stated any desire to become a registered charity

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #103
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
$1500 a week?

Wow...I though I hated buses...

YOU must really hate buses
Depends what your time is worth. We saved over 100 hours on a trip, that's $15 an hour. And you still have all "deluxe" factors to add yet. Bigger beds, better pools and slides, dining, room service etc.

We did 5 days at BLT mostly MK and 5 BW mostly EPCOT and DHS. Only did one morning at AK.

We consider bus travel to the parks a waste of time, or at least we would rather not have to do. Instead use the time to sleep, drink, swim, sun bathe, dine etc.

For 5 of us the locations saved us 30 minutes each way, or 150 minutes each way (5). At going to the park, returning for lunch/swim/rest, then back to the park, and back after a night show, is 4 trips per day minimum, or 600 minutes per day. At 10 days that's 6,000 minutes or 100 hours.

For our 1 week a year, yes its more than worth it, so the money is not the reason-it's the time, and accommodations/amenities.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #104
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Here here...Disney has never stated any desire to become a registered charity
Since when are people who are PAYING to stay at a value or a moderate receiving any kind of "charity". The elitist attitude is vulgar.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #105
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975

Since when are people who are PAYING to stay at a value or a moderate receiving any kind of "charity". The elitist attitude is vulgar.
You're right...I shouldn't have used "charity"... That wasn't the right context to use it in.

I was commenting that Disney's goal is maximum profit...and always has been. The antithesis of a profit business would be a charity.

The comment that started this was about the "haves and have nots"
Disney has never cared publically or privately about "have nots". Never once.

I wasn't referring to any particular travelers at wdw...but see it was a bad choice of metaphor and apologize. My bad

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: