Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #1891
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
Hi and welcome to the dirty house club, where you may not get dinner tonight but 180 days from your vacation date, we can give you an exact time you will eat plus menus...lol
lol... I love this!!! Same at my house. My DH says the same thing...We don't know what we're having for dinner tonight, but in 180 days we do!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #1892
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

lol... I love this!!! Same at my house. My DH says the same thing...We don't know what we're having for dinner tonight, but in 180 days we do!!
I love this!!!! Lol!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #1893
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcding2013 View Post
Getting nervous about fd I've heard that it will possibly come out on the 25 th but haven't heard any news about it I have our flights all booked for aug 28th, does anyone think my dates are good for fd if its offered?
Even if it's not released on the 25th, do not freak out, stay calm. I am sure something will be released. I am keeping my fingers crossed too. I have my ressies made for end of Sept. and I am a little over on our vacation budget. So, I am patiently waiting because room/package or FD discount will put us under budget. Here's to staying calm and preparing not to be discouraged if we don't get THE NEWS on the 25th!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #1894
mcding2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Even if it's not released on the 25th, do not freak out, stay calm. I am sure something will be released. I am keeping my fingers crossed too. I have my ressies made for end of Sept. and I am a little over on our vacation budget. So, I am patiently waiting because room/package or FD discount will put us under budget. Here's to staying calm and preparing not to be discouraged if we don't get THE NEWS on the 25th!
I will do my best to not get discouraged lol!!!!
mcding2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #1895
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Can you do room and FD discounts together?
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #1896
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Can you do room and FD discounts together?
Nope can not combine discounts.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #1897
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
^^^ I agree. If they offer I'm booking. Cause this waiting around is terrible. This way it will be done deal. And we can always cancel or change it up of needed.
We have booked the BB with free dining every year but our last trip there was no BB offered. I even called the BB number.
If there is no free dining offered we will not be going to Disney. I thought of booking a cruise but DH is anti cruising.sigh

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #1898
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post

Nope can not combine discounts.
I figured...thank you!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #1899
brizzer79
Earning My Ears

Finally made the decision to change from the campsites to a resort in order to take advantage of any potential FD offers. I have a basic family of 4 (kids 8 & 9). Any idea if it would be better to get a moderate resort which typically includes the nicer dining package or a value and upgrade from the basic dining? Also if booking Value (I have never stayed at any Values) which do you think is the best? If you think stick with moderate which one? I have stayed at CBR a couple of times and liked it but that was the only one I have ever stayed in. As a kid we always did deluxe resorts but I don't have the same budgets as my folks
brizzer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #1900
gdesousa4688
Earning My Ears

I really enjoy Pop Century, as far as Value resorts go.
gdesousa4688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #1901
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
Finally made the decision to change from the campsites to a resort in order to take advantage of any potential FD offers. I have a basic family of 4 (kids 8 & 9). Any idea if it would be better to get a moderate resort which typically includes the nicer dining package or a value and upgrade from the basic dining? Also if booking Value (I have never stayed at any Values) which do you think is the best? If you think stick with moderate which one? I have stayed at CBR a couple of times and liked it but that was the only one I have ever stayed in. As a kid we always did deluxe resorts but I don't have the same budgets as my folks
Kinda depends on how your family does WDW. We tend to spend most of our time at the parks and very little resort time. My kids tend to love the theming of the Value and so that is what we have always done and then upgrade to the basic dining plan. Do the numbers, but for us, because of kids ages at time of travel, we have 4 adults and 1 child and cost to upgrade was only $234 for six nights. It sounds like for you, even less. We are doing family suite Finding Nemo for the first time this trip. We have stayed at all Values and have enjoyed All-Star Sports the most because it has always been less crowded. Good luck!!

Old 04-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #1902
brizzer79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Kinda depends on how your family does WDW. We tend to spend most of our time at the parks and very little resort time. My kids tend to love the theming of the Value and so that is what we have always done and then upgrade to the basic dining plan. Do the numbers, but for us, because of kids ages at time of travel, we have 4 adults and 1 child and cost to upgrade was only $234 for six nights. It sounds like for you, even less. We are doing family suite Finding Nemo for the first time this trip. We have stayed at all Values and have enjoyed All-Star Sports the most because it has always been less crowded. Good luck!!
I have always read that the themed rooms aren't usually included in promos. Is this true or a rumor? I would love to do a theme room. When we stayed at the campground we really did take advantage of having our comforts of home there but if we stay at a resort we will likely never be there. We have an active ready to rock family who will go until we drop. I like the idea of saving a bundle and sticking with the value just concerned that the service won't be great. For us if FD is offered we can basically get the airfare for free (from the savings) and get rid of the 21 hour drive each way!! I want to go ahead and make the switch but I am afraid to pull the trigger in case a hotel/resort/room will not be included if FD is offered. All you Disney History buffs I need your ... is there a resort/room I need to avoid from historical data that is usually not included?
brizzer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #1903
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have always read that the themed rooms aren't usually included in promos. Is this true or a rumor? I would love to do a theme room. When we stayed at the campground we really did take advantage of having our comforts of home there but if we stay at a resort we will likely never be there. We have an active ready to rock family who will go until we drop. I like the idea of saving a bundle and sticking with the value just concerned that the service won't be great. For us if FD is offered we can basically get the airfare for free (from the savings) and get rid of the 21 hour drive each way!! I want to go ahead and make the switch but I am afraid to pull the trigger in case a hotel/resort/room will not be included if FD is offered. All you Disney History buffs I need your ... is there a resort/room I need to avoid from historical data that is usually not included?
Not sure what you mean by "themed" room, but the only value rooms that are excluded from free dining are the LM standard room at AoA. There are few of those and they sell out without discounts. We stay at POP every year and absolutely love it. Their food court is fantastic and the staff is awesome, too.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #1904
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:

Little mermaid rooms at AOA have not been included in discounts as of yet, but the suites have been. Suite at AOA are upwards of $350 night.
POP Century usually is available for discounts and is a great resort with what most say is the best food court of all resorts.

As much as I would LOVE free dining, I don't think it is going to happen. I do think there is a possibility that we could have another stay,play, dine deal, which is almost free dining, but I am not counting on it.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #1905
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Others will know more, but I do know that the themed rooms you speak of (I think) are the pirate and princess rooms at Port Orleans, and they have been excluded from some of the free dining offers. The room/package discounts I am not sure about. The theming at the All-Stars and AoA are filled with the traditional Disney characters my kids love. And Pop Century has over-the-top grand theming that draws kids in. We have always stayed at a Value and have always had the best service/friendliness and helpfulness. They may not offer some upgraded amenities-spa, concierge, table service restaurant, but we have always been so happy we are afraid to try a moderate. And now, a mini fridge is included in all Value rooms. We have a habit of closing the parks, so paying more for a room that we only sleep in does not make sense for us.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: