Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #2206
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtraveler View Post
I have also just discovered this thread. The past week has been really a hard week, well really the last 6 months have been the worst of my long life. This whole wedding has been my feel good story. I haven't been able to leave my computer for 3 days. Smiles and happy tears for the whole event were constant companions for me. (I also miss AC).

When I reached the post about Rob's Mom passing away, I was heart broken. Then the posts started to say we will miss you, Rob. I went back and read and reread. Tears just started flowing. Where is the announcement of Rob's death? I think that what I have gleened is that he died of complications from the flu? When and how did this happen?

I was expecting to wish Rob and Scott Happy Anniversary and now find myself saying goodbye to a "new friend" even before I had a chance to give you my love about all you have been through. As I said goodbye to another friend at his funeral today, I now must admit I find it hard to say goodbye to Rob also. So many tears of happiness and sadness!

Scott, my heart breaks for you and you have more people out here still wishing you the best, well, you have no idea....I am so glad you have all of these memories, you had so much more than so many people will ever have. At least you can say you have no regrets and you lived your dreams....my love to you both...
Rob died of complications from Pneumonia in February I never had the honour of meeting him in real life, but he was such a wonderful,caring and fun person in every post I ever saw. It was a shock to everyone. You asked where the thread was about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=in+memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
The latest cover for Superman will be in honor of Rob!

From George Perez....

Since this book will be on the stands tomorrow, I figure it would be okay to finally show my variant cover for SUPERMAN 712, which I dedicated to the memory of a dear friend named Rob Morrisroe who was a lifelong Superman fan. The original art was given to his surviving life partner Scott.
I am glad you posted this. What a nice memorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDisneyLove61207 View Post
wow I had no idea of Rob's passing when I wrote the above I am so sorry!!! I am crying my eyes out...
You are not the first to start in on the report not knowing--and I doubt you will be the last I think we all cried. I also think Rob would be happy that people are still enjoying his thread and he is still touching lives.

How is Scott doing? Has anyone heard from him?

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #2207
NewCruiser2011
Earning My Ears

I only discovered this fantastic thread as of yesterday, as my bf and I are considering a Disney Commitment Ceremony. I've just come to the end now and what else can anyone say? Thank you for keeping this thread up and for the wonderful memories and beautiful energy Rob's many entries continue to bless many people with. Peaceful wishes to you, Scott.

NewCruiser2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #2208
elwise1966
What's this Tag Fairy I keep hearing about?

I spent 2 days reading all the posts of this wonderful thread. What an amazing couple and quite a journey they took. I absolutely loved the pictures and the stories.

Now I'm a bear of a guy, but I teared up when I read that Rob's mom passed. Then after reading on and being confused and figuring out that Rob had passed, I broke down and cried. It's amazing how somebody you have never met can touch your heart.

Big bear hugs to Scott and I hope you're doing ok.

Eric
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #2209
leebee
DIS Veteran

I just started reading this thread today, and have finally finished all 148 pages. Throughout my reading, I several times wondered why it was a sticky, but came to a brilliant explanation: This must be a sticky to show others that it IS possible to live your dreams with the person you love. The strength and courage to live openly as a gay couple in a state so opposed; the obvious love that Rob and Scott shared, shining through their eyes; the love, support, and acceptance by Rob's family, through the words of his mom- for both Rob himself and her other dear son, Scott... all of these are wonderful examples for EVERYONE to look to, but especially for anyone who is still living in the closet, dreading telling the people they love most that they are gay because of fear of rejection and loss. Clearly, this thread must be a sticky because it's a testament to love and acceptance.

Now, of course, I come to the end and see that this thread is a sticky because it is a memorial to a funny, intelligent, witty, well-spoken, brave, fun individual who was taken from this life too soon. It is stunning and shocking to read the last few pages, going from one post with Rob saying good-bye to his mother to the next post where Rob's friend is saying good-bye to him. I have no words that will comfort Scott, except to tell him how wonderful Rob obviously was and how lucky that they shared the time that they had together. Hugs to you, Scott, and to Rob's Florida Family, bio-family, and DIS-family that I was lucky enough to "meet" through this thread. Peace to all of you
Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #2210
Sillyminny40
DIS Veteran

I have been reading this wedding thread for a long time and loving it. Thanks for all the smiles and tears you guys.

Last edited by Sillyminny40; 01-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Sillyminny40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #2211
Blueyes87
Mouseketeer

I remember reading this thread as Rob and Scott were planning and I enjoyed every minute of it and they really gave many hope and joy. Life has kept me away from disboards for quite a while but an upcoming trip has recently brought me back on and I was very very saddened to see that we have lost a dear friend My condolences goes out to all his friends and family and my heart and love goes to everyone that was fortunate enough to know him.

Megan (aka pyr8freak87/blueyes87)
Blueyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #2212
ygracey
Earning My Ears

What a funny thread, and a loving tribute.

My partner and I wanted to have our commitment ceremony at WDW in 2002 and they said, "No, we only do ceremonies legally recognized by the state of Florida." it really upset me because we had both been cast members and had not been subjected to any discrimination by Disney. I read through all the posts here and was so happy that Rob & Scott were able to have their day. I wish Scott and all of Rob & Scott's family and friends only the fondest memories of this incredible man. I hope this sticky never goes away. It seems that soon enough most people will find it odd that there was a time when the whole subject was so different, or new. Of course it won't come soon enough, but the time is coming.
ygracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #2213
Cinderellastory
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of the details about the planning sessions!
Cinderellastory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #2214
BarbieGal457
DIS Veteran

Oh my. I am so very, very, very sorry to hear of Rob's passing, and I offer my deepest condolences. I have followed this thread from the beginning, but am not sure I ever even posted, maybe once to wish the happy couple the best. This is truly heartbreaking.

Scott, it is with my whole heart I send you my love. I hope you are doing well. I am sure you know that even though many of us may never have met you, we will always be here for you. I am not sure if you'll ever read this, but do know that you and Rob are both loved here at the DIS. You two are truly an inspiration to many of us here who followed your amazing story of love!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #2215
ellie05
DIS Veteran

I came across this thread yesterday night and I have not been able to stop reading. What a beautiful love story. At the end only to find out Rob died . I am truly sorry for the loss of his friends and family. It seem he had a very happy life and he was lucky to find the love of his life before he departed the physical world.

ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #2216
SanFranciscan
DIS Veteran

I completely understand that we have funerals for a reason and that that is so that we can go on so I apologize for reopening a painful memory. Yet I would just like to remind those who knew Rob that flu shots are coming out next month and that pneamonia shots are available now because I had one about a month ago. Please get yours. Rob would probably thank you for it.
SanFranciscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #2217
TuckandStuiesMom
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
I'm back to wearin' my babushka, and takin' the slow boat to Elbonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranciscan View Post
I completely understand that we have funerals for a reason and that that is so that we can go on so I apologize for reopening a painful memory. Yet I would just like to remind those who knew Rob that flu shots are coming out next month and that pneamonia shots are available now because I had one about a month ago. Please get yours. Rob would probably thank you for it.
Timely Reminder.

TuckandStuiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #2218
cowboibabyy
Earning My Ears

beautiful story
cowboibabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #2219
Disney4aLifetime
Living a Disney Life

I hope this isn't the whole story.. I am having trouble finding the rest of the threat. I am hoping my partner Mark and I can also have our committment ceremony at Disney World. I'm looking for the cost that you paid as well!

Partner Mark and I are Disney-World-bound, October2013
Ken

http://livingadisneylife.blogspot.com/
(Our blog account of a couple's journey to relocate to be near Disney)
Disney4aLifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #2220
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I too have a full heart over Rob's passing ( which I just found out about) and send love out there to Scott
I hope someone has been in touch with him since he hasn't been around here; he surely must be devastated

I followed from the beginning of the planning but don't think I ever posted either

Not many people find the love these 2 people had for each other We were blessed to be able to share in it even from a distance

Ruthie

Last edited by Luvchefmic; 05-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: