Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #61
sesame_123
Mouseketeer

We are on our own star wars cruise this spring. We sail on May the 4th (be with you). Planning on wearing special star wars shirts for embarkation.
sesame_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #62
Jgasink
Earning My Ears

Now that Disney owns Star Wars, hopefully they'll add a little bit. At least a movie or two to start off.[/QUOTE]

There will be three! the questions become will they be built around Luke, Han, Leia,and company or will we see a transition to the next generation like han and leia's children? or will it be a complete split using only the republic, and jedi vs. sith?

And a StarWars cruise and then a cruise ship would be incredible, the reason disney hasnt done the fill then ship with celebs or characters from the DC is they havent had to -occupancy has been good even with the economy...
Jgasink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #63
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

We would be soooo in!
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #64
cyclenut
DIS Veteran

Would really love it if this happened. I am not holding my breath. It costs extra money to create a themed cruise. The only reason they are done by the cruise line is to boost occupancy. The Pixar cruises were an attempt to create more interest in the West Coast itineraries. They were also heavily discounting the cruises for AP holders.

There are a couple of ways that themed cruises happen. One is that the concept is created by a group that then books a group of rooms on the ship and sells them to theme interested people. The cruise line does not advertise the theme and the remaining cruisers are often surprised by the fact that there is a theme. That can be a bit of a shock, especially if they feel as though their cruise was taken over by the theme. The second way they are done is the way Disney did the Pixar themed cruises. This is where the line invests money is carrying out the theme. Characters, costumes, shows, etc. are all possible changes.

In order for a themed cruise along the lines of Start Wars to be worth the Disney investment is if bookings drop off, they can charge substantially more per passenger or there is enough demand to run the theme for an extended period. I am hopeful but not optimistic that this could occur.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstacy to Ensenada - Summer 2004
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas NB Pacific Coast - April 2007
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2011
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean - June 2012
Disney Wonder SB Pacific Coast - September 2012
cyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #65
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrumani

My son would attempt cartwheels if he could get a pic with Darth Vader!

I think a Star Wars cruise would be awesome! There could be a Star Wars night, instead of pirate!
Have you ever been to a Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios?
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #66
ky71
Mouseketeer

I would book in a heartbeat as long as Harrison Ford was coming too!
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #67
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedyparalegal View Post
If they do Star Wars cruises and they are really popular (and I think they would be). Maybe they could do a 5th ship completely Star Wars themed!
That would be awesome. Me and my DH would love this. Maybe I could get him to go on more cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
You know the Magic's dry dock is to transform it into the Millennium Falcon, right?
If only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Wow. At least he's watched it. The girl across the hall from me in my dorm not only had never seen Star Wars, but she asked if we were Trekkies when we told her we were going to see Star Wars in the theatres and asked if she'd like to come as well.

Poor deprived people!
I was one of the deprived people until I moved out of my parents house. They were not big sci fi fans. The first Star Wars film i seen was Episode III but have loved the films ever since. Went and got the original trilogy on DVD right after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame_123 View Post
We are on our own star wars cruise this spring. We sail on May the 4th (be with you). Planning on wearing special star wars shirts for embarkation.
Awesome. I wish we where on this cruise as well. Me and DH would love to join you in wearing Star Wars gear which we have a ton of.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #68
plethera1
Earning My Ears

This is a great idea. I'm really surprised Disney hasn't done this. One cruise a year wouldn't really be that big of a deal.
plethera1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: