Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #451
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
Hi all! I'm Robert. I tend to float in and out of here depending on when I'm doing a trip or not, so I reintroduce myself from time to time. I'm 27, from Dallas, though I grew up in the Houston area. Disney nerd since my first trip back in the early 90's (the still had the Ninja Turtles and the Dinosaur TV show characters in MGM lol).

Finally getting back on my feet after a disatrous 2012. I moved to California with my then bf thinking I had a job lined up, which didn't pan out. Got a job at Knott's Berry Farm, lost my car, broke up with the bf, and then finally moved back home. I've moved about 4 times this year and if I never see another box, I'll be happy!

Now doing data entry for Bank of America at night (6pm to 2:30am and later if its a busy day). Excited to finally get back to the World after several visits to the Land this past year. I'm also a giant musical theater nerd and try to see shows as often as I can (just got to see the tour of Jekyll & Hyde which was.....well it wasn't horrible, lol). So that's me in a nutshell pretty much!
Hey we're neighbors. My partner and I live in Lewisville. I am the big disney nut. Him Not so much. He will go once a year with me but for the,other one or two I am on my own with friends. Lol
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #452
NickAndAnt
Earning My Ears

Hi,
I'm Anthony and my man of 17-years is Nicholas. We're in our 40s (I'm 49) and our doing our first Disney thing ever on a cruise on the Dream on May 19th.

We're so excited and are both behaving like kids while we anticipate the trip, so perhaps we're closet Disaficionados and don't know it yet.

I'm "from West Philadelphia, born and raised" as the old song goes. Nick is a NYC boy through and through, originally from Queens. We live 2-minutes outside of Philly with way, way too many pets.

Nice to "meet" everyone. I'm on the left in the avatar, Nick is on the right. Bigger version at the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...3&l=baaaa439f5

Last edited by NickAndAnt; 04-10-2013 at 09:13 PM.
NickAndAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #453
karen1987
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

My partner and I have been together for five years, and became engaged Christmas 2011! We are from the UK, although my partner is originally from Zimbabwe, and are both 26 years old.

We are both massive Disney fans, although my partner has never visited any Disney park before, although that should all change later this year (fingers crossed!).

I'm a long time reader, but only joined the forums today. All the advice, especially on the Gay and Lesbian section has been brilliant, so thank you.

Karen and Nikki
karen1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #454
arianrose
Earning My Ears

I never actually introduced myself here! My partner and I have been together for 6 years, and engaged for 3 of them. Whenever anyone asks when we're going to get married, we tell them "when the state will let us." We live in Minnesota with our two adorable and elderly cats.

We're currently planning a trip to WDW for our 8th anniversary in 2014. I've been before, but it will be her very first time. I'm so excited to watch her experiences.

arianrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #455
amberg93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianrose View Post
We're currently planning a trip to WDW for our 8th anniversary in 2014. I've been before, but it will be her very first time. I'm so excited to watch her experiences.
That is so cool! I hope you two have an awesome anniversary trip.

Okay, I'm finally going to introduce myself in here! =D

My name is Amber, I'm 20 years old and I live in Michigan. Well, sorta. See, I married my beautiful wife Marie (MarieLightning on the disboards) on April 20, 2012 and now I'm going through the super fun process of immigration to Canada. I stay with her in Quebec when I don't work (which is most of the year, so that we can be together). I also spend a few odd weeks here and there in Michigan for purposes of not looking like I live in Canada instead of the U.S. (bad for Canadian immigration). My summers are spent entirely in Michigan though, from May until September because I work at an amusement park there.

We've always been Disney fans but we took our first Disney World trip together this past November and it was amazing. Seriously, such an amazing week and we can't wait to go back again. We're planning a trip to WDW in April 2014 right around our anniversary (April 20th) and a 'weekend trip' to DLP in September.

My favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Tangled and Cars (1 and 2). My favorite princess is Belle and my favorite WDW park is Epcot.

Here's a picture of the two of us on our Disney trip. I'm the one in the blue.

November 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter "Fine! We can go to Disney, but I'm not happy about it!" First Trip + MVMCP
October 2013 - All Star Music PTR "It's So Much Fun Not Knowing Where We're Goin" Post-Chemo + MNSSHP
May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter
amberg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #456
Disney4aLifetime
Living a Disney Life

Ken and Mark

Hi all.. I'm Ken and my partner Mark and I are moving to Orlando in September/October of this year. We've been together 4 years (on Wednesday, actually) and we are 44 and 39 years old.

We also write a blog about our journey in the planning. We hope to make great friends in the Orlando area!

Updated: 5/12/13.. Here's a picture of me at California Adventure. Mark is the photographer. Thanks Amberg93 for your help with uploading.

And here is a picture of Mark in the bone cage in the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island at Disneyland.

Partner Mark and I are Disney-World-bound, October2013
Ken

http://livingadisneylife.blogspot.com/
(Our blog account of a couple's journey to relocate to be near Disney)

Last edited by Disney4aLifetime; 05-12-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: add photo
Disney4aLifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #457
amberg93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4aLifetime View Post
Hi all.. I'm Ken and my partner Mark and I are moving to Orlando in September/October of this year. We've been together 4 years (on Wednesday, actually) and we are 44 and 39 years old.

We also write a blog about our journey in the planning. We hope to make great friends in the Orlando area!

Very frustrating that I can't upload a photo and there are no easy instructions on how to do so.
Hi Ken! Your blog seems cool, although I've never been a fan of moving (too much of it in my life) but I'm glad that you're excited for it!

As for adding a picture upload it first on to another site (photobucket, tinypic, etc) and then just add the url of the image into the box that pops up when you click on the yellow box of the mountain with the sun.

November 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter "Fine! We can go to Disney, but I'm not happy about it!" First Trip + MVMCP
October 2013 - All Star Music PTR "It's So Much Fun Not Knowing Where We're Goin" Post-Chemo + MNSSHP
May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter
amberg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #458
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

What a great looking bunch we are!

Ken - if you have any Orlando/Florida questions let me know. We are both from Gainesville, and have lived in Orlando as well.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #459
SarahBeth79
Earning My Ears

Hi, im new here and just thought if say hi, Im Sarah from Charlotte and Im a young 33!
SarahBeth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #460
adpibri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeth79 View Post
Hi, im new here and just thought if say hi, Im Sarah from Charlotte and Im a young 33!
Welcome Sarah!!
adpibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #461
Matt79
Earning My Ears

Hi all, I'm Matt, 34 from the uk. My partner Steve 42 and I have been together 16 years and had our civil partnership 5 years ago. I work as a night shift manager in retail and Steve is a magician.
We've been to Disneyworld every year for the past five years, this year we've decided for a change and will be going snowboarding in Andorra.
Favourite disney park would be Epcot, especially when the drink and food festival is on!
Don't think I've ever watched a disney film that I haven't enjoyed in some way but my fave would probably be the lion king.
Once I hit the required number of posts I'll put up a photo of the two of us.
Matt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #462
Mike Dodd
DVC member since 2009

Smile Greetings from East Texas

Hi, I'm Mike and my partner is Steve. We live in Sulphur Springs, Texas; we have been together for 8 years and have been making trips to Disney at least once a year since 2008. We bought into the Vacation Club in 2009 and have not regretted it at all. I just turned 51 and Steve will turn 33 this fall. My favorite Disney movie is Lion King, followed by Beauty and the Beast. Favorite Princess is Belle. Out next trip is coming up shortly, we will be on Disney Property starting on Friday the 13th in September.

Last edited by Mike Dodd; 08-02-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Mike Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #463
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

This is my bf Daniel and I. I'm taking him on his first cruise on the Magic in October and then for a couple days in WDW.

He's not a huge Disney fan, but tolerates it enough to humor me. He has relegated my Disney stuff to the second (smaller) guestroom and taken the larger for his personal closet.

His favorite character is Ariel and movie is The Little Mermaid. He doesn't have a favorite park, as he's only been to MK for one afternoon in his teens.

He says he is a cross between Gaston and Party-saurus Rex.

Last edited by jeanigor; 07-12-2013 at 12:10 PM.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #464
cka
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!!! So glad to "meet" you all! My name is Cristina and my partners name is Alex! I am 25, she is 28 and we have been together for a little over 5 years. We were born and raised near Boston and now reside in a town called Weymouth, (about 15 miles away from the city center). We would love to meet others that live around the area? I am a huge huge Disney fan and FINALLY converted my girlfriend into an ALMOST bigger fan than I. We are going on our second trip this October 15th-22nd, staying at the CBR. Anyone else going around then? I am trying to insert a picture hopefully it works!

Cristina
Have a magical day!

Disney -November 1996, April 2006, January 2010, October 2012, October 2013, and next up...November 2015!!

cka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #465
Hulkling
Earning My Ears

My name is Mike, I had passes a few years ago an renewed them last month. My boyfriend is going for his first Disney trip since high school next week.

We live near Tampa, so only a few hours away. Plan to go as many times as possible this year.

He is not a big Disney fan as me, but we are both big guys, and he is excited about the fact that Disney understands that( we both have had problems getting on rides at other theme parks)

It would be too hard to pick my favorite Disney movie or character.

Last edited by Hulkling; 07-25-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Hulkling is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: