Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
donalds friend
Earning My Ears

Those who took more than one try to get in

What did you do different between the times you got in and didn't get in. My son tried to get in Career start in 2010 then CP this time. We weren't surprised the first time, he was young with no work experience. This time he thought he had a chance. He researched the interview questions, had work experience at a movie theater and he is almost 21. He got his rejection on Thrusday. He was willing to do most roles. His top 3 were merchandise, attractions, character attendant. He had full service food and beverage but it was low and he didn't put custodial. Now he wished he had. He is going to find work in a restaraunt this summer or a store so he might get the merchandise or QSFB experience. Should he put those roles higher? Just wondering.
donalds friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
sarewil
DCP FA 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalds friend View Post
What did you do different between the times you got in and didn't get in. My son tried to get in Career start in 2010 then CP this time. We weren't surprised the first time, he was young with no work experience. This time he thought he had a chance. He researched the interview questions, had work experience at a movie theater and he is almost 21. He got his rejection on Thrusday. He was willing to do most roles. His top 3 were merchandise, attractions, character attendant. He had full service food and beverage but it was low and he didn't put custodial. Now he wished he had. He is going to find work in a restaraunt this summer or a store so he might get the merchandise or QSFB experience. Should he put those roles higher? Just wondering.
I was accepted but from what some people in the pending group who were NLIC posted on Facebook after they talked to recruiting said, recruiting told them that they had a high number of qualified applicants this time and just not enough spaces for everybody that was qualified. My understanding is that there were a much higher number of applicants this semester than they usually have. I'm not sure how true this is because this is what someone else posted and I wasn't the one that talked to recruiting.

sarewil is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
donalds friend
Earning My Ears

So they can call recruiting to find out if there is something they can do to differently? We just thought his chances were good when they didn't let them go so soon.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
kellydizfan
DIS Veteran

My DD applied in September and didn't make it. She reapplied the first day this semester opened up and it took 5 weeks but she made it. She has worked over 2 years in McDonalds and a summer at an ice cream place. I don't know if that helped her cause or not. She picked those that your son did and didn't get any of them. She ended up with Quick Service Dining. A girl from our town has lived worked breathed McDonalds for so many years and she ended up in Attractions where my DD wanted to be. Who knows how they pick the position they get.
OKW 8/11-8/16/13, CSR 12/8-12/13/13, POP 8/24/11-8/31/11, Nick Hotel 8/4/09-8/6/09, POR 7/28/09-8/4/09-DS B-day, Eastern DCL 4/08, Europe 3/08, Hawaii Cruise 07, OKW 3/07, AKL 8/06, Europe 4/06, BCV & SSR 10/04, BCV 2/03 & DVC Cruise, POR 5/02, CBR 5/96, CBR 5/91, DL 8/87, Offsite 83 & 75
kellydizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalds friend View Post
He had full service food and beverage but it was low and he didn't put custodial.
What about QSFB? 1/3 of CPs are placed into QSFB, that's HUGE - listing that role (at any rank) will greatly improve the chances of getting in.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
donalds friend
Earning My Ears

Qsfb is what I meant, but it was at his lowest rank. Perhaps he should have put it higher.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...

They place CP's by the need of the company

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

I am a NEW Adventureland Merch Cast Member as of April 2013!!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*
MelissaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: