Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #571
newfamilyman

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
Hi Everyone...

My DH and I will be on this cruise too. We are looking into excursions and have some planned thru DCL already....just trying to decide if using Rome in Limo is a better option. We booked the best of Rome tour with the Vatican museum thru Disney...has anyone else booked Rome thru Disney? Are we making a mistake? I was originally going with a private tour company but with it being a free day at the Vatican we changed our minds...opinions? Good move or are we going to feel stifled? We also booked Pisa and Florence thru Disney... But thinking it may be better to go private so we can climb the tower....decisions! Decisions!
We just booked Rome in Limo for Rome, Naples, and La Spezia. At first, after going back and forth with them, they suddenly told me that they were completely booked on our dates. I was pretty upset, given that we had exchanged multiple e-mails and were only working out the final details, and they relented. I'm not sure if they made it up or not to get me to confirm quickly.
newfamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #572
SoThisIsLove
Mouseketeer

Ooh....this is good to know! I am going to contact Rome in Limo now and see if they tell me the same thing....I contacted them a few months ago and my husband could not make up his mind...so now we may be out of luck! When you are touring Rome with them, are you going to the Vatican Museum?
SoThisIsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 03:04 AM   #573
Jasrhon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavilion 2000 View Post
For those who are able to book your disney excursions already, do you know what time the "Exclusive Evening Tour and Disney Royal Visit to the Doge's Palace" excursion takes place? I'm trying to figure out what we could be doing earlier in the day.
We tried to book another DCL excursion earlier in the day but it would not let us because there was not enough time in between. Presumably this is because you must go back to the ship to meet up with the next excursion. We plan to do the first part of the day before the Doges tour in our own.
Jasrhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #574
newfamilyman

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
Ooh....this is good to know! I am going to contact Rome in Limo now and see if they tell me the same thing....I contacted them a few months ago and my husband could not make up his mind...so now we may be out of luck! When you are touring Rome with them, are you going to the Vatican Museum?
No, we have a Gladiator School excursion through Viator that we are keeping at 1 for the kids, so we are going to the Coliseum and nearby historic sites, and they will pick us up after the excursion and take us around a little more before returning to the port.

We are also booking Nancy Aiello tours in Venice, which look really good for families. She was twice the price of Rome in Limo in the other ports, unfortunately, so we couldn't afford her for everything, though she looks like she does the best job keeping things interesting for kids.
newfamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #575
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfamilyman View Post
No, we have a Gladiator School excursion through Viator that we are keeping at 1 for the kids, so we are going to the Coliseum and nearby historic sites, and they will pick us up after the excursion and take us around a little more before returning to the port.

We are also booking Nancy Aiello tours in Venice, which look really good for families. She was twice the price of Rome in Limo in the other ports, unfortunately, so we couldn't afford her for everything, though she looks like she does the best job keeping things interesting for kids.
See you at Gladiator School! Kelly.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #576
helenreed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSwans View Post
Hi Helenreed if I remember rightly from posts way back you're from our neck of the woods (if im wrong oops sorry!!) we're from Cramlington, Northumberland. There'll be me (Marie), DH (Alex), DS Cameron (14), DD Holly (9) and DD Madeleine (7). We'll also be travelling with my parents Eileen and Jeff.
Hi!
Yes we are from Newcastle. We are travelling with another family with DS 11, DS 15, DD 16 and DD 19. We are really looking forward to it!
Disneyland Paris too many times to remember!
DVC member BWV, BC.
Magic 20th July 10 day Med 2011

Boardwalk Villas July 4th - 18th 2012:
Sailing on the Magic 25th July 2013 to Europe
helenreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #577
cdnxpat
Earning My Ears

Possible Shipmate

Hello Everyone!
Really late in the game but we are looking at booking this cruise in the coming days. If it all works out this will be our first DCL cruise and our second cruise ever. I have loads of reading to do in order to glean all the wonderful information everyone has been so great to share. Will post more once I read a bit and try and catch up.
cdnxpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #578
cdnxpat
Earning My Ears

Oh and there will be myself, DH, DD#1 (6yrs) and DD#2 (2.5yrs)
cdnxpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #579
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnxpat View Post
Hello Everyone!
Really late in the game but we are looking at booking this cruise in the coming days. If it all works out this will be our first DCL cruise and our second cruise ever. I have loads of reading to do in order to glean all the wonderful information everyone has been so great to share. Will post more once I read a bit and try and catch up.
Welcome Hope you can join us on our merry voyage. Your kids will love it. My youngest (now 8) has been cruising since she was 14 months old and loved the nursery so no problems for your little one if you want some time to yourselves!

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #580
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Since we are talking about excursions, I have a question and would love anyone's feedback. Every DCL excursion states that when touring churches, shorts/skirts should cover the knees. It's been several years since I've been to Europe and I remember having to wear pants or skirts (or dresses) in the churches BUT I don't remember them having to cover the knees. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks so much!

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #581
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Did anyone else see this:

This tour is not available for the Disney Magic 12 Night Venice cruises as the Vatican Museums are not available to private groups.

So I checked the Vatican Museum hours-last Sunday of the month is free-it's going to be very, very crowded.........

Opening Hours

Open Monday to Saturday: the Ticket Office is open from 9 am to 4 pm. The Museums close at 6 pm. N.B. exit from rooms half an hour before closing time

Closed
Sunday (except the last Sunday of every month, free entrance from 9 am to 12.30 pm
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #582
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenreed View Post
Hi Everyone!
Well I am back on the boards after a very long break, sorry I haven't had time to read everything that I missed but we did the cruise in 2011 along with the Stewarts and our DD's became firm friends and are looking forward to seeing each other again. We are myself, DH, DS 15, DD 13, DD 10. If it isn't too late we would love to join the FE programme and have we got a meet planned yet?
Good to see you back. Plenty to catch up with on here and never enough time
E is really looking forward to catching up with L and G again.
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #583
UKSwans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13
Since we are talking about excursions, I have a question and would love anyone's feedback. Every DCL excursion states that when touring churches, shorts/skirts should cover the knees. It's been several years since I've been to Europe and I remember having to wear pants or skirts (or dresses) in the churches BUT I don't remember them having to cover the knees. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks so much!
My mum travels in Europe a lot and she tells me this is true. Also apparently shoulders should be covered she says. Have to say it puts me right off going in. (what a good catholic girl I am!!!)
UKSwans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #584
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13 View Post
Hi again. Last time we cruised, I took some 3/4 length trousers (pants). When we visited St John's Co-Cathedral in Valetta I was handed a scarf to cover my shoulders which I handed back when we left. I had the 3/4 trousers on that day so knees were covered. I also have a couple of pairs of "zip off" trousers which can be shorts or 3/4 length. When we took the train to Rome, though, I travelled in shorts and t shirt and didn't get into the Vatican. It would be easy to carry 1 or 2 lightweight scarves or sarongs in a day bag if planned properly.
I hope that helps,
Fiona.
thestewarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #585
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSwans View Post
My mum travels in Europe a lot and she tells me this is true. Also apparently shoulders should be covered she says. Have to say it puts me right off going in. (what a good catholic girl I am!!!)
Thanks!

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: