Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #3511
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Questions about arcade

Hi everyone,

So excited! We are booked at AoA 10/21 to 10/25 in Nemo. This will be our 2nd trip to WDW and the first staying on property. DH, myself, and DS13, DS11, DD7.

I have two questions: On checkin day, if I check in right at 8am do you think we will have enough time to get to Epcot for rope drop by the bus?

Also, I know my boys will love the arcade. Does anyone know how much it costs, etc and will they take WDW giftcards in the arcades?

Thanks!

Vickie
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #3512
linseyjo26
Earning My Ears

Hello! Can't wait to stay at AOA in just 5 weeks! A few questions I can't seem to find the answers for:
We have requested the Lion King suites. Has anyone had an issue with the noise from movies at night?

Do they sell 1/2 gallons of milk at landscapes? If so how much do they cost?

My kids don't drink pop. Are there any other drinks they might like ( lemonade, juice, hi-c) for the refillable mugs?

How long should we plan on travel to the Polynesian for an ADR? ( Disney buses)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #3513
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linseyjo26 View Post
Hello! Can't wait to stay at AOA in just 5 weeks! A few questions I can't seem to find the answers for:
We have requested the Lion King suites. Has anyone had an issue with the noise from movies at night?

My kids don't drink pop. Are there any other drinks they might like ( lemonade, juice, hi-c) for the refillable mugs?

I can help with only 1 ?, they do have MM & Hi-c for the refillable mugs, my DD does not drink pop either. They do have single serve milks, somewhere in a thread someone said they did have half gallon milks, but I do not remember seeing any.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #3514
linseyjo26
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13

I can help with only 1 ?, they do have MM & Hi-c for the refillable mugs, my DD does not drink pop either. They do have single serve milks, somewhere in a thread someone said they did have half gallon milks, but I do not remember seeing any.
Great to know! Thank you so much!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #3515
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Has anyone ever done this? We have a LM room booked for 6 nights. I won't upgrade to a suite now, but.... IF I decide to (and suites are available) mid trip would they allow us to pay for a suite for the remainder of the trip? Or would that mess up the tickets? Just thinking even just for two or three nights it might be nice to switch...
It may mess up dining though if you have that too. Not sure how they will work it
Old 04-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #3516
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post

They definitely do sell half gallons in the refrigerated section close to where the beer n wine is kept The also have Iced Teas and there is a powerade in the fountain my son would get that its like gatorade i believe it was blue and I believe a lemonade also .
Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #3517
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

AoA Bus ? ... after reading all 135 pages ... From what I understand the busing has been for the most part very few issues. I'm never concerned about the wait coming back from the parks but more about going to the parks, I'm big believer in arriving for RD. Would it make sense, if lines long for MK bus, to hop on Epcot bus and take monorail to MK? Any opinions would be much appreciated as I've only been once prior, but have learned so many tips and tricks from the DIS.

Dec 2013 - TourGuide CH Shows Her Parents the Magic w Free Dinning
Dec 2010 - 1st Taste of Magic - All Star Movies w Free Dinning
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #3518
pugs05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by linseyjo26

For the ADR we ended up just grabbing a cab at AOA. It was definitely worth it. Only about $20. I was really worried about making it on time since I knew we had to take the bus to a park and then the monorail. On the way back we took the monorail to MK To see the fireworks and then the bus back. If you take the bus I would probably leave an hour and a half before your ADR just in case. Xl

They did have half gallons of milk but I can't remember the cost.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #3519
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch15foot View Post
AoA Bus ? ... after reading all 135 pages ... From what I understand the busing has been for the most part very few issues. I'm never concerned about the wait coming back from the parks but more about going to the parks, I'm big believer in arriving for RD. Would it make sense, if lines long for MK bus, to hop on Epcot bus and take monorail to MK? Any opinions would be much appreciated as I've only been once prior, but have learned so many tips and tricks from the DIS.
I would just wait for an MK bus. If the lines are really long and a bus fills up, another bus will come pretty quickly. Taking the bus to EPCOT and then taking the monorail to MK will waste too much time.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #3520
beth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post

I would just wait for an MK bus. If the lines are really long and a bus fills up, another bus will come pretty quickly. Taking the bus to EPCOT and then taking the monorail to MK will waste too much time.
I agree. Just wait for another bus. They come pretty quickly. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #3521
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We actually review bus service when choosing a resort. AoA, like Pop, has dedicated bus service, which is a huge plus. One stop, no worries about buses being full when they get there. We were at AoA for 10 nights in December and never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes for a bus. When one was full, another came pretty quickly.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #3522
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We thought the bus service was great.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #3523
jce2
Mouseketeer

Beds in AoA

I am a bit confused. The description of the AoA suites says there is a queen size bed in the bedroom but the Disboards audio review seems to imply its a full. we are planning a trip for my family of four adults (My wife & I, 21 year old daughter and 19 year old son) AoA seems to be the only viable option. Places line POR (my fave) wont work as son and daughter cant very well share a bed. How long is the fold out couch in AoA?

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #3524
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
I am a bit confused. The description of the AoA suites says there is a queen size bed in the bedroom but the Disboards audio review seems to imply its a full. we are planning a trip for my family of four adults (My wife & I, 21 year old daughter and 19 year old son) AoA seems to be the only viable option. Places line POR (my fave) wont work as son and daughter cant very well share a bed. How long is the fold out couch in AoA?
The master bedroom in the suites (not standard rooms) has a queen size bed. From the Disney site description:

"Family suites include a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible TableBed; one double-size sleeper sofa; living room; 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette."

Little Mermaid standard rooms at AoA have double-size (full) beds, not queens.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #3525
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The master bedroom in the suites (not standard rooms) has a queen size bed. From the Disney site description:

"Family suites include a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible TableBed; one double-size sleeper sofa; living room; 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette."

Little Mermaid standard rooms at AoA have double-size (full) beds, not queens.
We just stayed there last week. Queen in bedroom, full for pull out sofa and table bed.

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: