Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
You can register your purse for a warranty. It's easy. Dooney is very good about backing their products.
Luckily I've never needed to contact D&B about an issue that should be covered under warranty personally. Unfortunately I've seen quite a few reports of their customer service being far less than stellar where that's concerned though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBRDWLK View Post
I think I will ask around at the local seamstress shops. Also I will insist on a written clause that if they screw it up they will owe me for the purchase price.

Here's anothee thought..I wonder if Disney has had so many complaints on the d&b bags that they seeked out vera bradley...
I'm not trying to discourage you. I think finding someone local is probably your best bet. I have a feeling your chances of finding anyone who will add the type of clause you want are slim to none though. Just sayin'

Someone asked the merchandising folks on the Parks blog whether VB bags would be replacing D&B bags. I'm paraphrasing, but basically the response was that Disney is always seeking out new collaborative partnerships and both lines will be available.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Wow, that is ridiculous. I personally would take it to a luggage repair shop. Even thought it's just the lining, a seamstress might not have the right tools, needles, thread type, etc. to properly fix it. Luggage repair shops are used to getting into tight places with heavy-duty repairs.
Great idea. Thanks. I will google luggage repair shops in my area. I'll keep u posted.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
UrlGirl54
Earning My Ears

Would you advise against purchasing one? I sail October 19!
UrlGirl54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
WDBRDWLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrlGirl54 View Post
Would you advise against purchasing one? I sail October 19!
not necessarily. It depends on the style of bag you want and how much 'stuff' your are going to put in it.. Once you have made a selection check it twice and three times, if you have to tug on the straps a bit harder than normal and pull at the inside fabric so see for any lose stitches.

I have several D&B bags and this is the first time I have had a problem with it. I said in a month and may take the bag with me to see if they will exchange it on the ship with my receipt.. If not , I will try a local leather repair shop. Just to be more specific.. it's not the leather that I have a problem with, it's the lining attached to the inside zipper pocket that pulled away. I am afraid of in fraying if I use the bag, so I have not used it since I noticed the problem... It's a shame that it sits in my closest staring me in the face each day! But I do love the D&B sketch bag(s)...no problem with either of those nor my crossover bag from Disneyland.

I'll let ya'll know what happens with mine in a month!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #20
UrlGirl54
Earning My Ears

Wonderful, thank you!!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #21
UrlGirl54
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBRDWLK

not necessarily. It depends on the style of bag you want and how much 'stuff' your are going to put in it.. Once you have made a selection check it twice and three times, if you have to tug on the straps a bit harder than normal and pull at the inside fabric so see for any lose stitches.

I have several D&B bags and this is the first time I have had a problem with it. I said in a month and may take the bag with me to see if they will exchange it on the ship with my receipt.. If not , I will try a local leather repair shop. Just to be more specific.. it's not the leather that I have a problem with, it's the lining attached to the inside zipper pocket that pulled away. I am afraid of in fraying if I use the bag, so I have not used it since I noticed the problem... It's a shame that it sits in my closest staring me in the face each day! But I do love the D&B sketch bag(s)...no problem with either of those nor my crossover bag from Disneyland.

I'll let ya'll know what happens with mine in a month!
Wonderful, thank you!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #22
Toddymae
Earning My Ears, again and again

Just off the Dream - DCL now has a "buyer protection policy" its free just go to the CS desk and fill out the forms.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
WDBRDWLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddymae
Just off the Dream - DCL now has a "buyer protection policy" its free just go to the CS desk and fill out the forms.
This is great news..we sail a week from today. I plan on bringing my dooney bag to see what they will do. I would be happy to get my money back or exchange it for another one.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
WDBRDWLK

UPDATE..Disney does it again by making the guests dreams come true..I brought my Dooney bag with me and on the first night I inquired with the manager in the onboard store about my bag and she told me no problem..she would be happy to exchange it. So I have a brand new Dooney bag..same design...she told me that I should not have waited four months before our cruise ..that all I had to do was call merchandise guest services at 1-877-560-6477 and they would take care of it...I did have my receipt and that may have helped...but if you have a Dooney bag that you bought at Disney and have a problem with it..call the number above first.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: