Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

cruise virgin, many questions.....

1. I am looking into a 4 day out of Port Can dream vs Magic...which?
2. What beverage wise is included..
3. I think I want an extended verandah, is conceirge worth it for a short cruise?
4. we have 2 kids 6 and 8 what are some must see's on board
5. does that restaurat that changes the illustrations do that at every seating?
63 extra charges. costs I should be aware of....
thank you in advance !!!!!
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
2. What beverage wise is included.. - None alcoholic beverages including soda. Coffee, tea, juice

3. I think I want an extended verandah, is conceirge worth it for a short cruise?

4. we have 2 kids 6 and 8 what are some must see's on board - kids club, character greetings, the pools, shows are great for that age, my kids loved watching a movie while on board.

5. does that restaurat that changes the illustrations do that at every seating? - That is animators palate - not sure b/c we were on the Fantasy and its a different show there.

- photos, you think you won't buy them, but then they are soooo cute
- alcohol
- spa (I recommend the rainforest room)
- port excursions
- palo (if you go there)
- shopping

I can help with some, but not all) I've answered beside your questions.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 View Post
I can help with some, but not all) I've answered beside your questions.
thank you !!!!
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
clten
DIS Veteran

As far as Dream v Magic, depends on what you attracted you to a DCL cruise. If it is for all the bells and whistles that the newer ships have (Aquaduck, Midship Detective Agency, Sports deck w/mini golf) than you may want to try the Dream. If having smaller crowds is more appealing than start w/the Magic.

Beverages - no charge for soft drinks, tea, coffee, milk, iced tea, juice, hot cocoa at meal times (in the restaurants and the buffets) and at the drink station at the pool and on Castaway Cay; juice, milk, coffee and tea through room service. Sodas are extra when you order them at a bar or from bar staff (like when you are sitting around the pool) or through room service. Smoothies, alcoholic drinks, non-alcoholic drinks of the day, basically anything made by the bar servers have a charge.

Animator's Palette will have the show one time during your rotation (it happens 3 times during a cruise - once for each of the three rotations). If you are scheduled in there more than once, only one time will it have the show. The classic ships and the new ships have different theming/show in there. (So goes back to which one you envisioned as to which ship might be right for you.)

Extras that the pp forgot -- tipping ($12/pp/day split between the 3 crew members that serve you at dinner and your stateroom host.) and room service tipping (room service is no charge for most items -- not soft drinks or prepackaged snacks -- but you should tip for delivery.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
2. What beverage wise is included..
4. we have 2 kids 6 and 8 what are some must see's on board
5. does that restaurat that changes the illustrations do that at every seating?
As far as concierge is concerned, would you use all of the perks? You get to book your port adventures earlier, and you get access to the private sun deck. Having priority embarkation would be nice, but would that make/break your vacation? I've heard absolutely wonderful things about the stateroom hosts in concierge, but since its your first cruise you may not be spending a lot of time in your stateroom, and Ive heard all of the others are just as good. I guess what it really comes down to is the price. Find out what the price difference is, and then decide if you would spend that much on those extra services. ( I know there are a few more small things listed on the website that I didn't mention. It wasn't worth it for us, but if we had the e tea cash we would do it in a heartbeat. Good Luck on your decision.
CrawfordMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
mstinson14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1. I am looking into a 4 day out of Port Can dream vs Magic...which? I personally prefer the dream because of it being newer and bigger, but that is just personal preference.
2. What beverage wise is included.. The drinks at the beverage station, in the dining rooms and the buffet. The drinks from Room service and the concession stand by the theaters, alcoholic beverages, smoothies, etc. are not.
4. we have 2 kids 6 and 8 what are some must see's on board If you do the dream, definitely the detective agency!
5. does that restaurat that changes the illustrations do that at every seating? Yes, but not every time you are at the restaurant. Just the "restaurant menu" day.
63 extra charges. costs I should be aware of.... Gift shops, the food by the theaters, drinks from room service, etc.
Answered by the questions

Last edited by mstinson14; 04-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
mstinson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe there are extended balcony staterooms on the Dream that are *not* concierge.

But if you can get a good rate on a category V room that is also an extended balcony, well, there's nothing wrong with that. (that's basically just the normal-sized verandah room, but on the concierge level and differently decorated than on the other decks)

editing to add: Oh, except that you will probably never want to book a "normal" room again. 'cuz it's kinda nice on the concierge level, at least on the Dream.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
robhawk
DIS Veteran

The aft section has several extended verandahs. They go very quickly though!
We tried for one on the Fantasy 11 months out. No luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: