Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #61
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
and after reading Leanne's recent TR and seeing Elsie's personalised top I found a local place that does hoodies so that came in the mail today too I'll upload a pic once I'm on the laptop tomorrow

I want to make these and wanted to send you one before your trip but its so hard to find a single plain boys t shirt. I though it would be really easy.

Your trip is so soon YAY x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #62
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Sounds like you have everything organised. I really need to start going the same still feels like I have ages but I'm sure it'll soon be time to go.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #63
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

I want to make these and wanted to send you one before your trip but its so hard to find a single plain boys t shirt. I though it would be really easy.

Your trip is so soon YAY x
I know!! I searched everywhere but couldn't find any! Then the lady that did the hoodie was recommended to me but she said that the stitching would look better on a hoodie so I ordered that instead. I'm so excited to see him wearing it, its a little big but rather too big than too small lol! Thanks for thinking of us pet, you're too good

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #64
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger
Sounds like you have everything organised. I really need to start going the same still feels like I have ages but I'm sure it'll soon be time to go.
Oh I feel like time is flying and I feel very unorganised! I'm going to visit my mum tomorrow and I'm sure she'll help me get things sorted in my head. I don't know for sure but I think I'm definitely a lot more scatter brained since having Will - I used to be great at organising myself and everyone else but really can't get back into the swing of it now! Maybe next week I will when we hit single digits!!
Everything will come together for you, don't worry All we need are tickets, passport and money anyway lol! We're going to WDW reeeeeeeeally soon yay!!! Think I'm finally starting to get excited

Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #65
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Hoody sounds great! Will have to look into getting some personalised stuff for Charlie and Megan

Can't believe your trip is almost here! It's gone so quickly! It's a shame there are no alternatives to the City Mini Travel bag (typical!) but like you say better to pay for it than risk damage.

Have you got things sorted for your DS for flight? I really wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure he will surprise you and be great on the flight. Megan has been each time we have flown with her!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #66
MrsTigger

Quote:

Oh I feel like time is flying and I feel very unorganised! I'm going to visit my mum tomorrow and I'm sure she'll help me get things sorted in my head. I don't know for sure but I think I'm definitely a lot more scatter brained since having Will - I used to be great at organising myself and everyone else but really can't get back into the swing of it now! Maybe next week I will when we hit single digits!!
Everything will come together for you, don't worry All we need are tickets, passport and money anyway lol! We're going to WDW reeeeeeeeally soon yay!!! Think I'm finally starting to get excited
I've been going along thinking I've got age yet to get everything sorted but then had a sudden panic how close it was. I'm going to get on with sorting clothes, start getting all our stuff together etc this weekend so hopefully that will make be feel abit more organised. Well I just have two of us to organise so I think your doing pretty well
I know lol our disney documents came yesterday, I was sooooo excited when I saw it. Its now really real, I'm going to wdw again!

Old 04-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #67
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster
Hoody sounds great! Will have to look into getting some personalised stuff for Charlie and Megan

Can't believe your trip is almost here! It's gone so quickly! It's a shame there are no alternatives to the City Mini Travel bag (typical!) but like you say better to pay for it than risk damage.

Have you got things sorted for your DS for flight? I really wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure he will surprise you and be great on the flight. Megan has been each time we have flown with her!
Just a case of finding the extra money in our budget for the City Mini travel bag! I'm raging that its so expensive!

Fairly sorted for the flight. A few sheets of Mickey Mouse stickers, an old wallet full of papers, cards and things he can pull out of it, some sticker books, coloured post its, pipe cleaners. Plan on hitting the £ shop and picking up a couple more bits and Leanne recommended a piggy bank for putting coins in and taking them out which I think he will like! Was chatting to Mum today about DS on the flight and she said she'll be very hands on to help me so thats a BIG relief

Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #68
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I've been going along thinking I've got age yet to get everything sorted but then had a sudden panic how close it was. I'm going to get on with sorting clothes, start getting all our stuff together etc this weekend so hopefully that will make be feel abit more organised. Well I just have two of us to organise so I think your doing pretty well
I know lol our disney documents came yesterday, I was sooooo excited when I saw it. Its now really real, I'm going to wdw again!
Eeeek LOVE getting the travel docs! We should be getting our flight docs this coming week! Must get ink for the printer as they're all e-tickets. Makes it so real doesn't it

Old 04-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #69
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom

Just a case of finding the extra money in our budget for the City Mini travel bag! I'm raging that its so expensive!

Fairly sorted for the flight. A few sheets of Mickey Mouse stickers, an old wallet full of papers, cards and things he can pull out of it, some sticker books, coloured post its, pipe cleaners. Plan on hitting the £ shop and picking up a couple more bits and Leanne recommended a piggy bank for putting coins in and taking them out which I think he will like! Was chatting to Mum today about DS on the flight and she said she'll be very hands on to help me so thats a BIG relief
We got loads from the pound shop and it worked a treat. She napped right before we got on the plane too which helped as she then just had one small nap onboard.

After all the time i spend worrying about Megans behaviour on the flight we were sat next to another couple whose child was a little sod. He was emptying crisps onto the floor and stamping on them. Parents laughed and went back to their beer. Lol!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #70
foreverdreams
Earning My Ears

Don't waste money buying the baby jogger bag u can fit it into one the the cheap ikea bags (approx £3) think the bags r meant for putting bedding etc in or it will fit into the sunshine kids car seat travel bag.
But to b honest I would even use a bag we took a double baby jogger city mini to Florida and just wrapped a luggage strap around it and it was absolutely fine
Hope u have a fab holiday we r going back may 2014 & I talk about it non stop I'm going to have driven every1 mad over the next year lol xx
foreverdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #71
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster

We got loads from the pound shop and it worked a treat. She napped right before we got on the plane too which helped as she then just had one small nap onboard.

After all the time i spend worrying about Megans behaviour on the flight we were sat next to another couple whose child was a little sod. He was emptying crisps onto the floor and stamping on them. Parents laughed and went back to their beer. Lol!
Haha oh I just have to laugh at that! Little sod lol. I suppose those parents kinda had the right idea though - kids will be kids and theres not too much we can do about it on a flight! Slowly starting to realise that thanks to you guys

Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #72
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdreams
Don't waste money buying the baby jogger bag u can fit it into one the the cheap ikea bags (approx £3) think the bags r meant for putting bedding etc in or it will fit into the sunshine kids car seat travel bag.
But to b honest I would even use a bag we took a double baby jogger city mini to Florida and just wrapped a luggage strap around it and it was absolutely fine
Hope u have a fab holiday we r going back may 2014 & I talk about it non stop I'm going to have driven every1 mad over the next year lol xx
Wow! Thanks for the tip! I must check out Ikea when I get a chance!!
Your year of waiting will fly in! I've had May 2013 in my head as our travel dates since before I had DS in Feb 2012. DS is 14 months old now and that time has flown! I think I'll be gutted when the waiting is over as I won't have WDW to look forward to anymore and DH says we won't be going back for several years (his exact words were 'until our family is complete' - best start popping out the kiddies asap rofl)

Old 04-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #73
MrsTigger

Quote:
I think I'll be gutted when the waiting is over as I won't have WDW to look forward to anymore and DH says we won't be going back for several years (his exact words were 'until our family is complete' - best start popping out the kiddies asap rofl)
Well I will in that disney blues club with you! We won't be going again for a very long time, weren't even meant to be going this year! Even more reason to enjoy this trip your almost into single digits!

Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #74
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

late to the party, but finally caught up! You're so close now, how exciting! Hope you all have a super holiday and look forward to seeing some piccys when you get back

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #75
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well I will in that disney blues club with you! We won't be going again for a very long time, weren't even meant to be going this year! Even more reason to enjoy this trip your almost into single digits!
Eeeeeeeeeeek!!! Almost single digits, I cannot believe it!!!! Woah, kinda starting to think of all the things I must do! Really need to sort out insurance asap! Need an eye test and new contacts - I'll book that tomorrow! Keep putting it off, find it harder to get these routine things done with DS running around destroying the place lol! Need to review my.....I mean OUR touring plans lol! I made an executive decision and cancelled the couple of ADRs we had made except the breakfast at Chef Mickey. We're staying offsite, not on DDP and with DS I'm sure we'll eat in more often than not so I know hes eating the right food so its a waste of money to have TS meals when sharing some CS ones if we're hungry will do the job til we get back home!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: