Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #76
jmb910
Obsessed with anything Disney!

I wouldn't mind the kids area being redone as well. My kids do like the slide, so I hope that stays. But I loved the hand washing machines at the front of the club on the Dream. I thought it was weird when we went on the Wonder for them to just squirt soap in her hand and have her walk all the way across the room to wash them. It would be nice to have something up front.
Disney Magic Repo Cruise San Juan to Port Canaveral: October 2014 / Disney Magic 7-Night Southern Caribbean: October 2014 / WDW: October 2014 / WDW: May 2014 / WDW: March/April 2014 / WDW: October 2013 / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: April 2013 / WDW: April 2013 / WDW: September/October 2012 / WDW: June 2012 / Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera: March/April 2012 / WDW: February/March 2012 / Disney Dream 4-Night: October 2011 / WDW: October 2011 / Aulani Resort: August 2011 / WDW: March 2011 / WDW: November 2010 / WDW: October 2010 / WDW: February 2010 / WDW: October/November 2009 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: October 2009 / WDW: May 2009 / DLR: December 2008 / WDW: October 2007 / Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean: April/May 2007 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: December 2006 / WDW: April 2006 / DLR: September 2005 / WDW: Too Many Times to Count 1999-2005

jmb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #77
Disney 24/7
Mouseketeer

I agree, please keep the beds split! I had to sleep on the convertible sofa on the Dream and Fantasy and gave the real bed to my best friend. I love sailing on the Magic because I don't have to sleep on that sofa bed. I wish the beds on the newer ships splits, it would make sleeping arrangements better.
Disney 24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #78
Tink2182014
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the help!
Tink2182014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #79
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Where is anyone talking about Animator's Palate? The images found of the Magic's supposed plans are of Parrot Cay, Beach Blanket Buffet, and the Spa.
From what I have gathered, Animator's Palette on the new ships was designed fully by the imagineers and not an outside company. I could be wrong though, so in this case that leaked images of Parrot Cay, etc wouldn't also have the images of Animators.

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #80
jzandmeplus3
Earning My Ears

How wonderful the Magic will undergo some updating! I have not cruised on the newer Disney ships, and not so sure I want to given they are so much larger which means so many more people. It would be nice to enjoy some of the benefits on the new ships on the Magic.
jzandmeplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #81
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
Nope. And I REALLY want to know since I'll be on that cruise right after! I wish I knew when they'll make an announcement.
We were on the Magic last week and spoke to an officer about the dry dock. He said anything out there in terms of renovations is just strictly rumor at this point, that no changes had been approved yet. He knew that for sure because his officer position was such that he would be one of the officers traveling and staying with the ship during dry dock and the return home overseeing the changes.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #82
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw
All recent rumours since August have been pointing toward Cadiz, Spain for the 6 week Dry Dock, with any final work being done while they are sailing back to Miami with no guests on board. They may still decide to embark guests for the Transatlantic sailing, but at this point, IMHO, I don't think that will happen.
The Magic will be empty when it sails back home to allow inside renovations to continue, per an officer on the Magic last week.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #83
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyto_96 View Post
I just got off the Magic a week ago and was able to speak to several crew about her drydock. She will drydock in Fincantieri and will undergo extensive refurb to include all rooms being redone, the crew area is getting a new look to include some features from the Dream/Fantasy. Topsiders and Parrot Cay are going to be refurbed. Animators is also expected to be upgraded to match the Dream/Fantasy. All new carpeting throughout the ship too. I asked if the horn will be upgraded but never did get an answer. Nobody said anything about stretching her but who knows. Also, next year the Wonder is scheduled for a long drydock to receive the same refurb and upgrades. Didn't hear where though.
Someone recently asked DH about this - IF it were true, they wouldn't be able to stretch the Wonder to match the Magic because the Wonder wasn't built in two parts like the Magic was.

I don't have the maritime knowledge, but I'd hedge a bet the Magic will NOT get stretched!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #84
clten
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Someone recently asked DH about this - IF it were true, they wouldn't be able to stretch the Wonder to match the Magic because the Wonder wasn't built in two parts like the Magic was.

I don't have the maritime knowledge, but I'd hedge a bet the Magic will NOT get stretched!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
They have stretched ships not built in two parts before. So that wouldn't be the reason not to stretch it. The cost is outrageous and would take years to recoup so not really a renovation most cruise lines even consider. But the really big reason not to do it is the new PC is not open yet. The Magic and Wonder are Panamax ships. If they were bigger in any way, they would lose the flexibility to reposition between East and West coast through the canal until the new one opens.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #85
clairedy6
Mouseketeer

Will any renos being happening during our July med cruise this summer?

Our Magical Mediterranean Cruise Pre-Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135693
clairedy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #86
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

dry dock is due to start in Sept.

Any work they do is usually regular maintenance... and they DO keep the ship up!!!

You'll see them paint and scrub, etc...

They even brought paint along and repainted the areas of the hull that were scratched when we went through the Panama Canal in '08...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney cruise, disney magic, dry dock, renovations

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: