Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #1021
sims11
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 13

Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I've popped in here been so busy trying to plan our 6 week USA trip, do uni full time, and a busy school mum, I don't even have time to read through the 25 pages I'm behind.

Anyway quick question.

Do you think Disneyland, Disney world and a Disney cruise is too much in one trip? We are a party of 2 adults (32 and active 61) and 1 child (will be 6).

The bulk of our trip is in Orlando but due to now having to change our plans due to a massive budget blow out we are thinking about doing 3 days at Disneyland so we can see Cars land?

Are we crazy?
__________________
Simone Rachel (5)

2005: Disneyland Paris.
2009: Disneyland Hong Kong for Rachel's 1st O/S holiday.
2011: Disneyland California as part of our 4 week USA trip.
2012: Disney Aulani, Hawaii. Happy birthday mum/grandma!
September/October 2013: Disneyland, Disney World, and a Disney cruise.




sims11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #1022
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims11 View Post
Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I've popped in here been so busy trying to plan our 6 week USA trip, do uni full time, and a busy school mum, I don't even have time to read through the 25 pages I'm behind.

Anyway quick question.

Do you think Disneyland, Disney world and a Disney cruise is too much in one trip? We are a party of 2 adults (32 and active 61) and 1 child (will be 6).

The bulk of our trip is in Orlando but due to now having to change our plans due to a massive budget blow out we are thinking about doing 3 days at Disneyland so we can see Cars land?

Are we crazy?
You're asking us? We're all hanging out on the DISney planning board.



It depends on how much time you're planning on being away and whether you want to see anything else. But if doing a Disneypalooza trip is what you want to do, go for it. No one here will think it is crazy.....
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #1023
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!
 
aussietravellers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?
Posts: 3,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims11 View Post
Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I've popped in here been so busy trying to plan our 6 week USA trip, do uni full time, and a busy school mum, I don't even have time to read through the 25 pages I'm behind.

Anyway quick question.

Do you think Disneyland, Disney world and a Disney cruise is too much in one trip? We are a party of 2 adults (32 and active 61) and 1 child (will be 6).

The bulk of our trip is in Orlando but due to now having to change our plans due to a massive budget blow out we are thinking about doing 3 days at Disneyland so we can see Cars land?

Are we crazy?
Not crazy at all! It will be awesome!
__________________
1975 - 1990 - Many Trips - Disneyland California - Disneyland Hotel
1995 - Walt Disney World - Yacht Club Resort
2004 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #1024
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims11 View Post
Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I've popped in here been so busy trying to plan our 6 week USA trip, do uni full time, and a busy school mum, I don't even have time to read through the 25 pages I'm behind.

Anyway quick question.

Do you think Disneyland, Disney world and a Disney cruise is too much in one trip? We are a party of 2 adults (32 and active 61) and 1 child (will be 6).

The bulk of our trip is in Orlando but due to now having to change our plans due to a massive budget blow out we are thinking about doing 3 days at Disneyland so we can see Cars land?

Are we crazy?
Nope not crazy at all it's what we did last year and when we realised DL was going to be decorated for Halloween on our way home we called back in there for an extra 2 days on top of the 6 we had already had there.
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #1025
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post

Yep - I like the 17th as well
Did you book an Air NZ flight for that day? If so, which one of the two are you flying on?
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #1026
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran
 
Caroline NZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Did you book an Air NZ flight for that day? If so, which one of the two are you flying on?
Hi, we will be on the first one out
__________________
From New Zealand.
May 2009 First family trip to Disneyland - we had an amazing time
May 2011 - Disneyland - another awesome holiday Included San Diego and San Francisco
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #1027
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,888

I have just booked our hotel for the speedway and we need to change rooms twice as the room we are in is not available for 1 night hopefully someone will cancel that 1 night I should of just called them when I started looking months ago as there website would not let me book 5 in the room even though there was enough beds Lesson learned
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #1028
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
I have just booked our hotel for the speedway and we need to change rooms twice as the room we are in is not available for 1 night hopefully someone will cancel that 1 night I should of just called them when I started looking months ago as there website would not let me book 5 in the room even though there was enough beds Lesson learned
Dang! I hope they have a cancellation so you don't have to change!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #1029
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Dang! I hope they have a cancellation so you don't have to change!
Me to Princess I have a question for you we are going to for 1 night to go to the speedway will be driving that morning from Chico do you think it would be worth our while to stay in San Francisco and go to Alacatraz and at least go across the bridge or will it be to rushed driving to Anaheim the next day and also whats the cheapest you have seen flights San Francisco to LA just trying to buy us a few more hours not really sure if it's worth it though by the time you allow 2 hours to get through security
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #1030
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Me to Princess I have a question for you we are going to for 1 night to go to the speedway will be driving that morning from Chico do you think it would be worth our while to stay in San Francisco and go to Alacatraz and at least go across the bridge or will it be to rushed driving to Anaheim the next day and also whats the cheapest you have seen flights San Francisco to LA just trying to buy us a few more hours not really sure if it's worth it though by the time you allow 2 hours to get through security
If you drove down the 5, you could get SF to LA in about 7 or 8 hours. Flights SF to LA could be around the $100 -$150 mark; pending which airline and I have seen them as low as $59 or even $79. You might want to consider SW Airlines for this.

There is a LOT to see in San Francisco. For me personally, I would spend the time in SF and fly down. But you will have 6 tickets to buy and that's a completely different equation.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #1031
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
If you drove down the 5, you could get SF to LA in about 7 or 8 hours. Flights SF to LA could be around the $100 -$150 mark; pending which airline and I have seen them as low as $59 or even $79. You might want to consider SW Airlines for this.

There is a LOT to see in San Francisco. For me personally, I would spend the time in SF and fly down. But you will have 6 tickets to buy and that's a completely different equation.
Only 5 this trip how long do you think you need to spend at Alcatrez that's the main thing we want to do?
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #1032
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Only 5 this trip how long do you think you need to spend at Alcatrez that's the main thing we want to do?
Alcatraz is 2 - 3 hours for me. If this is what you want to do and to maximise time, perhaps you could look at the twilight tour through for the night before? That would leave you with most of the next day to see other things in SF. You could fly to either LAX or SNA from SFO.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #1033
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,032

WAMumOf4...have you signed up for SouthWest dings? They had a sale about a month back. I was looking at LAX-Phoenix and bought tix at $59. I expect that fares between SF and LA would have been around that price too.

I don't know if they will have another sale, but it might be worth signing up if you haven't already done so.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #1034
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Alcatraz is 2 - 3 hours for me. If this is what you want to do and to maximise time, perhaps you could look at the twilight tour through for the night before? That would leave you with most of the next day to see other things in SF. You could fly to either LAX or SNA from SFO.
Thanks we would love to do the night tour but it's not going to happen this trip we are booked into GCV on the Monday and have 5 nights of speedway before that I thought I would be fine without peeking our heads in SF but I don't know that I could be that close and not go see the golden gate bridge we will get back there one day to explore properly.
I was thinking more along the lines if we drove to SF from Chico in the morning went over the bridge and visited Alcatrez all beore going to the speedway that night and then leaving first thing in the morning to drive to Anaheim.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
WAMumOf4...have you signed up for SouthWest dings? They had a sale about a month back. I was looking at LAX-Phoenix and bought tix at $59. I expect that fares between SF and LA would have been around that price too.

I don't know if they will have another sale, but it might be worth signing up if you haven't already done so.
I haven't signed up fr Ding I just check there website almost daily but I do get their email specials will have a look at it.
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #1035
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 93,032

Sounds like a good plan if you want to see Alcatraz.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.