Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
thdarragh
Mouseketeer

Best Staterooms & Locations

Help! We are a family of 5 and are planning our very first Disney cruise! As one can imagine, we are overwhelmed with all the choices. We have decided to cruise on the Fantasy. One big decision we must make is what kind of stateroom to book and it's location on the ship. We'd prefer a veranda. Which decks are best for noise, location to events/shows/restaurants and have good views of the ocean? Are there differences in port and starboard rooms? Thanks for your help
thdarragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
mdurette
DIS Veteran

My choice - Veranda in the Aft part of the ship - either floor 8 or 9.

My reason - I need to wake up and be within walking distance to my morning coffee. This sounds stupid - but only being 2 or 3 flights below Cabanas is great!
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Many folks prefer mid-ship, as it is not too far from activities/venues at either end of the ship. Mid-ship staterooms tend to get booked up first. Some folks have commented that aft staterooms experience more noise/vibration due to the engines. (We've stayed in many aft rooms and haven't experienced anything horrendous.) With both deck # and forward/mid/aft, it really just depends to what you would like to be the closest.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
swmal
Mouseketeer

We did 4b or 4c on deck 7. We were basically halfway between the aft and midship elevators. We loved taking the stairs up to the pool and down two floors to clubs or down 4 floors to main atrium. We were starboard and could see Castaway cay and Caymans from our side. We picked deck 7 for our second trip as well. LOVED the veranda. Ordered coffee and breakfast via room service every morning and enjoyed the quiet on the veranda while the kids slept in a bit.
swmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
dunnhorn
I'd rather be at Castaway Cay

I take it y'all are getting 2 rooms?

We sailed on the Fantasy last May in one of the extended balcony rooms on Deck 5. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! The extended balcony rooms have 4 chairs and a table (not just 2.) At the time, these were even among the cheapest balcony rooms - but I think they have since changed the category.

The negative thing is that there are few food choices on Forward, and Cabanas is a schlep. However, the ride is a bit smoother... YMMV.

We also liked that we didn't have to get on an elevator to walk the kids back to the room after the kids club.

HTH

Leslie Ann
Me, DH, DS 12, DD 10

DVC Homes: SSR, HH, BLT, BWV, VWL
Resorts visited: Every WDW resort except for Coronado and Art of Animation. I am boycotting the Poly due to lack of hot tub.

4 day Disney WONDER May '09.
4 day Disney DREAM April '11.
7 day Disney FANTASY Western May '12.
7 day RCCL OASIS OF THE SEAS Eastern April '13
4 day Disney MAGIC March'14

Looking forward to the DVC MEMBER CRUISE on the Disney DREAM in 8/14, and a 7 day ALASKAN cruise on the Disney WONDER in June '15.
dunnhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
thdarragh
Mouseketeer

Thanks all. We currently have a stateroom midships on deck 10, but we want to make sure we are not missing something since it's our first time and we are dropping quite a bit of coin for the trip. In other words, we don't want to be disappointed. We have ample opportunity to change rooms/locations as our trip is still far off. I am sure we will all be so tired by the time we get to bed that they could run a jackhammer on Deck 11 and we'd probably sleep thru it. But I find it's very important to get info from the people who have been there. Thanks again.
thdarragh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: