Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #1111
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
We'll be going in a month and my 19 month old will still be bf. I'm hoping she self weans by 2, but it doesn't look good at this point (her sister did self wean by 20 months). She eats solids fine, but is not a fan of cow milk. She will not drink it at all if I am present.

I have a feeling I will be getting looks (I know I got some when bf her younger sister at 13 months) and this one is a *tall* 19 month old.
Don't let any looks bother you..I nursed my DD, now 22, until the day before her 4th birthday....
Old 04-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #1112
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Less than 2 weeks until I get to nurse baby #4 in the World for the first time!! I nursed #3 at 5 mo in 2010. Sawyer will be 8 mo. I am so much braver nursing in public (NIP) with this one. But because of my braveness and spending time away from home in surroundings of family and other nursing mommies has made me ditch a cover. When I do, on rare occasions, use the cover, Sawyer has a FIT! So I am stressing about my clothing, I plan to keep as covered as I can, but Sawyer moves everything! lol!! It will be interesting!

I will be taking a ring sling, Sleeping Babies Productions (Jan is so FAB!!) for the parks I also have a mesh sling from her for the pool! And taking my Ergo and Mei Tei, JIC.

Sawyer has a dairy sensitivity (which I hope he is outgrowing) so no dairy for me.... It's hard to imagine being in WDW and not having dairy.

I started a PTR. I hope to continue with a TR when we get home and a side of the TR will be "nursing around the World", with pictures!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #1113
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
Less than 2 weeks until I get to nurse baby #4 in the World for the first time!! I nursed #3 at 5 mo in 2010. Sawyer will be 8 mo. I am so much braver nursing in public (NIP) with this one. But because of my braveness and spending time away from home in surroundings of family and other nursing mommies has made me ditch a cover. When I do, on rare occasions, use the cover, Sawyer has a FIT! So I am stressing about my clothing, I plan to keep as covered as I can, but Sawyer moves everything! lol!! It will be interesting!

I will be taking a ring sling, Sleeping Babies Productions (Jan is so FAB!!) for the parks I also have a mesh sling from her for the pool! And taking my Ergo and Mei Tei, JIC.

Sawyer has a dairy sensitivity (which I hope he is outgrowing) so no dairy for me.... It's hard to imagine being in WDW and not having dairy.

I started a PTR. I hope to continue with a TR when we get home and a side of the TR will be "nursing around the World", with pictures!
I love his name!! We have 3 girls, all "S" names, and Sawyer was our boy name!
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #1114
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I am so happy to see this thread still here! I got some wonderful advice from the ladies here before we went a couple of years ago. I was nursing my second son at the time, and let me tell you, the longer we were there, the bolder I got. Disney's Philharmagic, The Great Movie Ride, The Haunted Mansion, and eventually on some steps on one of the side buildings on the main drag in DHS.

I really think most of the worry was in my head, and I never noticed anyone giving me looks or saying anything. I do tend to be happily oblivious on vacation, though.

So thank you, and happy to support anyone else who is nursing and heading to the World!
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #1115
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
Both my kiddos were sensitive to casein (milk protein) so I could not have anything with dairy when I was nursing.

Which reminds me, did you know that Dole Whips (and floats) are dairy free? I love those things.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #1116
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful thread. Just had to pop in and give you guys a big . I nursed both my kids all around WDW and everywhere else too for that matter!

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
ChrisParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #1117
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I am so happy to see this thread still here! I got some wonderful advice from the ladies here before we went a couple of years ago. I was nursing my second son at the time, and let me tell you, the longer we were there, the bolder I got. Disney's Philharmagic, The Great Movie Ride, The Haunted Mansion, and eventually on some steps on one of the side buildings on the main drag in DHS.

I really think most of the worry was in my head, and I never noticed anyone giving me looks or saying anything. I do tend to be happily oblivious on vacation, though.

So thank you, and happy to support anyone else who is nursing and heading to the World!
I am so glad that you enjoy the thread and that others are finding it helpful!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #1119
HulaMinnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before, but will the baby care centers/first aid store pumped breast milk for you in the refrigerator? My little one is going to be spending some time at the resort having fun with grandma so I plan to pump a few times at the parks when we are apart. Wasn't sure if I could possibly store the milk there or if I should just plan to bring a little cooler. I don't want to pump and dump if I can avoid it. Thanks!
Yes, the first aid centers (not the baby care centers) store the milk for you. Not all of the parks have refrigerators (I think only one park actually has a fridge) but they kept mine in coolers with ice bags around it and it was fine. They'll also store your pump for you since it's a medical device, so that was awesome. It really lightened the load!
HulaMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #1120
staceycanada
Mouseketeer

I have always been a anytime anywhere kind of mom. I have bf all 4 of my children in so many places. I found at disney world my then 1 yr old would ask to nurse anytime we sat for awhile. She nursed on It's a small world, haunted mansion, it's bugs life, lion king, jungle cruise. I'm sure there are more in our vacation. A couple times I nursed on shady benches. I alwys meant to check out the baby center but with older siblings doing rides we just nursed where ever. If I was getting dirty looks I didn't notice but it wouldn't have bothered me. If someone really stares stick your tongue out they will stop looking quick!
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #1121
staceycanada
Mouseketeer

Here are some great videos of breastfeeding in various carriers: http://www.youtube.com/user/PAXbabyMom

I would reccomend trying it at home several times before your trip so you are comfortable and confident.
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #1122
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

We are gearing up for our fourth trip with DD, and she's still nursing! I am so happy she is still into it at 26 months old I love out special bond.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #1123
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaMinnie View Post
Yes, the first aid centers (not the baby care centers) store the milk for you. Not all of the parks have refrigerators (I think only one park actually has a fridge) but they kept mine in coolers with ice bags around it and it was fine. They'll also store your pump for you since it's a medical device, so that was awesome. It really lightened the load!
What a great TIP! Wow! That is awesome!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #1124
ahsquared
Mouseketeer

This is such an awesome thread! I wish I'd seen it before. Our first trip to Disney World with my daughter had me researching Florida laws on bfing since its not legal or protected in every state. I don't remember getting a single nasty look or comment while at Disney World. I nursed uncovered (one shirt up one down) all over the place, but in the afternoon heat I really loved those air conditioned nursing rooms.
ahsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #1125
Figaro8398
Mouseketeer

Are there any spots at Downtown Disney where I can feed a highly distract able 8 month old? She won't keep a cover on and I do not want to be exposed to the world! I've been there so many times...but never had to think about breastfeeding there before.
2009 - POR, 2010 - BCV/VWLEngaged at the Garden Grill
February 2011 - POR Married at Shades of Green, June 2011 - Disneymoon at BCV
March 2012 - POP...then surprise! The BC!!! - The Babymoon
Our little princess's first trip home May 2013 BCV
Figaro8398 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: