Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #316
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEYGIRLINSI View Post
The last night on a Disney Cruise has got to be the worst feeling in the world. I can very easily take myself back to our last night, and putting the luggage out for pick up. So, so sad.
The last night is NO fun at all. To know that you will have to leave the next morning ..... that's the reason we love to cruise b2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I hate the last night!

Too strange about the DVC guide..I've never met one that was pushy...too bad your friends got a dud.

Jill in CO
Jill, I am so with you! The last night is the most horrible.

As for the DVC rep - we did have some really pushy ones on cruises. I know they need to sell, but Katarina and Dimi really were ready to take the plunge IF they had been offered something else than AKV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What a nice evening with friends.

As for the DVC... as you know I have visited the idea of purchasing each year this time. Now I am going for it... but sadly Disney raised their direct rates by a LOT! I don't blame your friends for not biting....
This was our second cruise with Katarina and Dimi and we had so much fun together on both cruises.

And I am glad you are on the way to become a DVC member, Ann!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hi Karin
Just got back home so I had a lot to catch up on
We can't wait to try the Palo Brunch in June. we've never tried it before
Oh and those Martinis from the Cove Bar look delicious!!
Welcome back, Linda!
Did you enjoy your visit to DL? Is there a TR in the works?

You will LOVE Palo brunch, Linda. Just get there HUNGRY!!!!! They have so many yummy things to sample.
Oh, and get one of those coffee cards (if you have not already ) You will get a free coffee creation after you have collected 6 stamps on your card. Not often that you get something for free from Disney.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #317
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Karin -

I am slowly catching up on things but wanted to comment how disappointing it is to hear that your friends didn't have a positive DVC experience. I can't stand pushy guides - anywhere. I hope they can do a little research on their own and perhaps find the contract they are looking for.

Dinner - yum!
Mary Ellen, that was just how we felt. We had a wonderful rep when we bought and I was hoping their experience would be similar, but I guess they are now doing a little research and maybe will buy resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post
Love reading your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it. It's great that so many take the time for us newbeeeeee's.

Going on the 4-day March 2nd 2014 and can't wait!!!!

I am so happy you enjoy reading my trip report. It's kind of paying it forward, as we learned a lot reading boards before we went on our first cruise.

You will love your cruise in March next year. Disney does an awesome job with their cruiseline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update and pics.

They should look at resale for dvc. We did and love it. But now their are restrictions. Still will do it again though.
Thank you!
You know, I think they ARE looking into resale. I hope they will find something that suits them. I always thought DVC was not for us, but since we bought we LOVE every minute of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am so getting the Lobster Ravioli and the scallops in 21 days !!!! I am not howver looking forward to the last night
So envious, Rosie! I wish we could cruise with you in three weeks.
The Lobster Ravioli are SOOOOO good, and be sure to try the double baked cheese souffle, it's to die for!
Last night - nothing to look forward to!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #318
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 6, February 21

……… another kind of cruise makes our day! - part 1

I was up shortly before 5am and the DREAM was already pulling into Port Canaveral. Our breakfast was supposed to be at 6.45 but we had decided that we would return to our stateroom after breakfast to gather our things, so I went back to bed to sleep until 6am. Around 6.15 we finally got up, took showers and went down to Enchanted Garden for breakfast.
If you have ever been on a Disney cruise you will know that this breakfast is one that you can easily miss and hit Cabanas as well, but since we had been so looking forward to seeing Ana again, and knowing this would be the last time having her as a server, as they will only do one more contract, we had to go to Enchanted Garden.
And even though we arrived there right on time, there was already a lot going on. Katerina and her family arrived at about the same time and we all enjoyed each other’s company for one last time. There was a lot of picture taking and hugging going on

and in the midst of all that we ordered our drinks, orange juice for me and coffee for Tom and our breakfast fare. Tom ordered

the Eggs for the Road, two fried eggs and bacon and he asked for toast instead of hash browns. I ordered

the Route 66, scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled sausage, grilled ham and hash browns. We sat and ate our breakfast, talking about the days that lay behind us and the fun we had had and all too soon it was time for us to hug our servers goodbye and head back to our room.
There we took one more biological break, then checked for forgotten items, walked out onto the veranda, to take in the view one more time and then grabbed our hand luggage and off we went. We walked out and said goodbye to our stateroom host, who had been very nice, then headed over to the midship elevator.
It did not even take long until we found an elevator that had enough space for the two of us and we hopped in. We were shocked when we exited and ran into masses of people trying to exit the ship. We walked around the elevator and found that the end of the line was at the end of the Bon Voyage bar. But there was nothing else to do, so we got in line.
We had just gotten in line when Katerina and her family joined us as well. We waited, moved a little forward and then waited some more. Slowly but steadily we made our way towards the exit. Captain Henry was there to say goodbye to his passengers and after a short while we were signed off the ship and made our way downstairs to the customs area. Tom went to get the suitcases and off we went to join another line, the one for customs. I guess it took us about 15 minutes until we were walking up to an officer and finally out of the terminal.
Both our hearts were heavy because we were not able to just go up the elevator again and go on another cruise, but we will do that in August. We walked over to the elevator up to the walkway, then crossed it and walked up to our car. We loaded everything in the trunk, got in and fixed the GPS. Didn’t take long and we were on our way out of the parking structure, paid for parking and off we went.

Following our GPS Tom took a turn and we ended up in the Carnival parking area. Um, NO, we are wrong here. So off we went again and this time hit the right road and were on our way to Walt Disney World. Having left the ship after the early breakfast seating we saw the well loved WDW arch shortly after 10am.

Around 10.30 we parked our car in front of Bay Lake Tower and headed inside to check in. We knew there was no way our room would already be ready, but we wanted to at least drop our luggage there.
We got a very nice lady checking us in and she kept looking if she could find a room that was already ready, but there was none. We got our package and were told to call back to see if our room was ready, but we had other plans anyway. Once we had finished the check in process Tom went to get the car and I waited at the entrance to the hotel. A very nice young cast member helped us getting our luggage out of the car and put it all on one of the luggage cart and when everything was on, I offered the young man a tip. He shook his head and told us that he was not allowed to take one. Now, having read the boards for a few years I had read that if you ask often enough they ARE allowed to take a tip.
So I asked if he was allowed to take it if I was persistant and offered it to him a few times. He looked back at a supervisor who was smiling and nodding her head and so I told him to take it about 5 times in a row and he happily accepted it then. What a stupid rule.
Having gotten rid of the luggage we got into the car and headed out of the hotel parking lot. We were actually ready for lunch and discussed several options, then went with something new, Landscape of Flavours, at the Art of Animation resort. About 15 minutes later we drove up to the resort and at the security booth we were asked why we wanted to enter the resort. Usually if you have a parking pass from one of the more expensive resorts they do not bother, but that security guy was very thorough. But his face lit up when we told him that we had heard good things about the food court and wanted to try it.
We were given directions and about 2 minutes later had parked our car and were on our way over to the restaurant. Since you have to kind of cut through the shop, we made a short pit stop to check out the restaurant and the resort merchandise. They had some pretty cute things and I even bought a paint brush shaped pen. Then it was time to head over to the restaurant. We needed some time to get familiar with the different stations but in the end chose something from the same area. Tom chose

the Pastrami Cheeseburger, topped with pepper jack, tomato, lettuce, and chipotle barbeque sauce on a whole wheat multigrain bread served with house-seasoned fries, while I decided on

the Surf and Surf Burger, Crab Cake topped with fried Popcorn shrimp, tomato, lettuce, and cajun reoulade on a brioche bun served with house-seasoned fries. We picked up two soft drinks and found a table at the back of the seating area. We shared the burgers and they were really tasty, the only downside was that they came in metal baskets and got cold really fast.
While we were sitting there enjoying our lunch we discussed what else we wanted to do. First off we both needed some jeans.

To be continued ...........

Old 04-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #319
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ME HANGING AFTER THE FOOD PICTURES!!!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #320
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

We are staying at AoA for a couple of days in December and can't wait to try their food court
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #321
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Last Day sounds soooo sad !!! I am Not looking forward to that!! We found the same thing with the food at AoA it was cold , I am pretty sure Carol had the shrimp burger too , she said it was good but cold !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #322
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ME HANGING AFTER THE FOOD PICTURES!!!!!

I see it as giving you time to digest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We are staying at AoA for a couple of days in December and can't wait to try their food court
It is such an awesome resort, Linda. We loved checking it out in the summer. What section are you going to stay at?
I really hope they do away with the metal baskets for their food. Since the airconditioning was on the tables were pretty cold and the food went cold fast. Otherwise it was pretty yummy!
We will definitely be back!

Quote:
Last Day sounds soooo sad !!! I am Not looking forward to that!! We found the same thing with the food at AoA it was cold , I am pretty sure Carol had the shrimp burger too , she said it was good but cold !!
The last night is always so sad. Packing up, putting your luggage outside ..... no fun.
Rosie, the burger was "warm" when I got it to the table, but after taking pictures of it and finally starting to eat, it had gone pretty cool.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #323
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 6, February 21

……… another kind of cruise makes our day! - part 2

First off we both needed some jeans. They are far cheaper than here in Austria, so once we were done eating, we headed back out to the car and made our way to the stores to find some jeans. About an hour later we both had found several pairs that fit and we then decided to give one of the outlet malls close to Disney a try.

We drove over to the mall and tried to find a space to park our car. The parking lot was packed, but then we saw one car depart and pulled into that spot. We walked over to the side entrance of the mall and headed for the Fossil shop first.
Lots of things to look at, but nothing that interested Tom in particular. Next stop was the Vera Bradley Store, which was packed as always.
And guess what I didn’t find anything either. Then we popped into the Dooney and Bourke store and while they had some really nice bags, I found nothing I wanted to take home.
The last store we wanted to hit was the Disney outlet store. We stayed for quite some time and checked out lots of different things and finally picked up some Christmas ornaments. We made it to the checkout and the cast member there told us to pick up one more.
I first didn’t really catch what he meant, but Tom went back and picked up another one. Turns out that if you bought five of those figurines they were half of what four of them had been. Disney logic!
Happy with our purchases we headed back to our car. By then it was past 3pm and since we were already on the road and had one more purchase to make, why not have a look if the Krispy Kreme Hot Now sign was on. We drove out there and were sad to see that the sign was not on. Since we were already there we popped in none the less.

We were surprised to see the conveyer belt working, but they did not make the glazed doughnuts but the

glazed crullers. So why not try those? We ordered two of them and half a dozen regular glazed doughnuts,

a small coffee and a diet coke and sat down at a table to taste and enjoy our sweets. And while the crullers were nice, they were a bit too heavy for my liking and we were happy to have the regular glazed doughnuts to take home with us.
One last stop was still on our list and it was a visit to Publix to buy some snacks, some drinks and some salads and most of all sweetener. We drove to our regular Publix at Xentury City and when we turned into the parking lot we were stunned that there were no cars. Only when we looked more closely we noticed that the Publix lettering on the building was gone.
We were shocked and tried to find another Publix close by but the only one that I knew was close was behind the outlet mall. So we turned around and off we went past the outlet mall again and finally found a Publix. Since it was a different store it took us a while to find everything we needed, but in the end it took a bit longer than we actual had planned. When we were done we loaded everything into the car and finally headed back to Walt Disney World and Bay Lake Tower.

Again, we parked our car and headed right into the building to ask for our room number. The people in front of us were just picking up their things and heading towards the elevator, so there was no wait at all. We were told our room number and since the cast member checking us in saw that we were holding the ticket for our luggage he offered to have it delivered to our room. Yeah, nice, one less task to do.
Once we were done we were heading up to the 7th floor. Same floor we had stayed on for the first day of our vacation. And when we walked down the hall something dawned at us, this room must be very close to the one we had had previously. Turns out we were in the neighbouring room. What a coincidence.
We walked into the room and everything was perfect, so we took a lot of photos before we made ourselves at home.

It did not take long and our luggage was delivered and this time the cast member did not have any trouble taking his tip.
There were a few more things in the car, so we went back to it again and hauled everything upstairs. Once we were back we had a drink out on the balcony and had another doughnut. There was not much time left until we had another meet, one I had been looking forward to for quite some time.

To be continued ...........

Old 04-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #324
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Your shopping day sounds like FUN!!! When we were there we passed an Aldis coming in and then couldn't find it again. So ended up at Walgreens to pick up snax!! Aldis is really cheap no frills type store, you bag your own stuff, but the prices are good !!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 04-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #325
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your shopping day sounds like FUN!!! When we were there we passed an Aldis coming in and then couldn't find it again. So ended up at Walgreens to pick up snax!! Aldis is really cheap no frills type store, you bag your own stuff, but the prices are good !!
Rosie, I am glad you like Aldi! Did you know that the original Aldi (Hofer) originated here in Austria? They sold the concept to someone in Germany and now it is a world wide company.
I often shop here at the original Hofer stores (Austria is the only country to be able to stick to the original name ).
Yes, no frills, but they offer some really nice merchandise.

Oh, and I think the Aldi you passed should be a little way from the Florida Mall. We have shopped at that store too!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #326
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Mmmmmm, Krispy Kremes. Where's the drool emoticon? Love BLT...I'm currently waitlisted for October...I got to stay there a night before my cruise last October and would love to stay longer!

Jill in CO
Old 04-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #327
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mmmmmm, Krispy Kremes. Where's the drool emoticon?

Jill in CO

Old 04-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #328
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mmmmmm, Krispy Kremes. Where's the drool emoticon? Love BLT...I'm currently waitlisted for October...I got to stay there a night before my cruise last October and would love to stay longer!

Jill in CO
I really hope your BLT waitlist comes through soon. We were waitlisted for our Feb. vacation too. I think I only booked it about 5 weeks out and it went through within 2 days!
Such a great resort to stay at!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #329
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

Jill in CO
Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #330
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I do believe you mentioned this before !! Yes I think we did see a sign for the Mall, but with only 3 days and 3 parks to see , not much time for shopping . The girls did take time to get tattoos on the back of their necks, in NY State you have to be 18 , but in Florida with parental consent you can get them at 15 . I will have to take pix and show you . Judy got the chinese sign for strength
[/B][/URL]
[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: