Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
KelsieMouse
Disney freak

Location change?

Does anyone know if the DCP allows you to change locations? I don't want to be unprofessional so I'm not going to name my location, but I really dislike it because of the way that it operates and totally disregards Disney standards. The CMs I work with are all rude. Plus i'm constantly being deployed because we don't have anything to do. Can anyone help me with this? Im going to go down to the service center on Monday and I have written up a formal request in a letter form. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!
But like a dream come true
That's still inside of you
The secret of tomorrow is to live your dreams today"
Remember the magic!
KelsieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsieMouse View Post
Does anyone know if the DCP allows you to change locations? I don't want to be unprofessional so I'm not going to name my location, but I really dislike it because of the way that it operates and totally disregards Disney standards. The CMs I work with are all rude. Plus i'm constantly being deployed because we don't have anything to do. Can anyone help me with this? Im going to go down to the service center on Monday and I have written up a formal request in a letter form. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!
Generally they will not change locations/roles unless you cannot pass the assessments or you have some sort of medical condition that prevents you from doing the role. That being said, I have heard of some people getting their location changed outside of these reasons. You can certainly try, but please know it is very unlikely that they will change you.
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
KelsieMouse
Disney freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Generally they will not change locations/roles unless you cannot pass the assessments or you have some sort of medical condition that prevents you from doing the role. That being said, I have heard of some people getting their location changed outside of these reasons. You can certainly try, but please know it is very unlikely that they will change you.
Thank you for replying! I am hoping they will. I am very serious about it, but I know that there's a big chance that it won't happen. I know I'm meant to work for Disney, but the location that I'm at is making things really hard for me. I'm really big on guest service and some of the things that I've heard my managers/fellow CMs say are frankly shocking to me. I'm going to try very hard, but again, I understand if it doesn't happen.
Congrats on your Guest Relations PI! I hope to work in Guest Relations one day!
But like a dream come true
That's still inside of you
The secret of tomorrow is to live your dreams today"
Remember the magic!
KelsieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
KitKat_Tink
Dude
Would make a great Alice in Wonderland

I worked attractions and had a seizure on my attractions (stitch) which I previously made them aware of and was relocated to foods. I couldn't do foods so I was stuck in fireworks dessert party not making alot of hours. Make sure you are ready to possibly have a worse job. I loved my first roll and was forced out. I cried for weeks over it. It was awful.

DCP CM Spring 2013 TLT dessert party

KitKat_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: