Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran

50th Birthday Cruise

So I'm planning on being on a Disney cruise for my 50th , September 25th, and I'm hoping to get the cruise kinda cheap (well cheaper then current price) since I'm waiting until after May to book it since I found out that that's when the final payments are due. I'm also hoping to get my travel industry discount which usually makes it cheaper anyways. Here's the thing, I live on the West Coast and there's nothing going out of here that will put me on a ship for my birthday...the only thing going out is the Wonder from Galveston on the 28th, do I just do that if its the cheapest or do I really go for what I want which is the Fantasy and just start working alot of overtime now to pay for it? Any suggestions on how to get it the cheapest with a balcony?

Oh yeah I forgot, I'm gonna be going with my daughter and her boyfriend and possibly his mom, not sure if we can all do 1 room or if we would really need 2 for comfortability and some privacy for a week.
Wonder 2011 Cruise to Nowhere --- Dream 2011 Bahamas
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

You usually can't stack discounts, so I'm not sure you'll get your travel industry discount and the *Gt discount.

It also may not save you much going out of Galveston. I've read a lot of posts that airfare into Houston is pretty expensive, so check everything out before you decide.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

If the Fantasy is the ship you want to cruise on, then that's the one you should make your reservation for. If you are really planning to go with 4 adults as described, you really should go for 2 cabins. Just my opinion....
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
You usually can't stack discounts, so I'm not sure you'll get your travel industry discount and the *Gt discount.

It also may not save you much going out of Galveston. I've read a lot of posts that airfare into Houston is pretty expensive, so check everything out before you decide.

Nancy
I wasn't trying to stack discounts just trying to get the best deal. I'll just have to try it both ways and see what's the best deal for us. Right now I think it is just going to be 3 of us...me. my daughter (22) & her boyfriend (23). We've done the 3 of us in 1 room before and it worked fine. Galveston isn't a problem to get to since I work for an airline and fly free and they fly free with me. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
PWammy
Mouseketeer

I don't think they offer GTs on every sailing, but September might not be full, it's school and the peak of storm season. I'd say to do the ship you really want; unless what you really want is to be on a ship on your actual birthday. If you're okay with three grown adults in a cabin, go for it, but I couldn't do that; I'd share with his mom or I'd have to get my own cabin, but have a blast!!!
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADisneyMom View Post
So I'm planning on being on a Disney cruise for my 50th , September 25th, and I'm hoping to get the cruise kinda cheap (well cheaper then current price) since I'm waiting until after May to book it since I found out that that's when the final payments are due. I'm also hoping to get my travel industry discount which usually makes it cheaper anyways. Here's the thing, I live on the West Coast and there's nothing going out of here that will put me on a ship for my birthday...the only thing going out is the Wonder from Galveston on the 28th, do I just do that if its the cheapest or do I really go for what I want which is the Fantasy and just start working alot of overtime now to pay for it? Any suggestions on how to get it the cheapest with a balcony?

Oh yeah I forgot, I'm gonna be going with my daughter and her boyfriend and possibly his mom, not sure if we can all do 1 room or if we would really need 2 for comfortability and some privacy for a week.
holy crap!!! I will be 50YO on 9/25 as well!!! going on our cruise in August though....
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
holy crap!!! I will be 50YO on 9/25 as well!!! going on our cruise in August though....
You need to reschedule for September and we can celebrate at the same time lol
Old 04-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Just bumping it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on when the best time to book for the lowest rates would be?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: