Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Kebby
Mouseketeer

Poly help: fans in the bathroom

This is going to sound rediculous, but I need someone to tell me if there are fans in the bathroom at the poly, and if they are the kind you can turn off? For example, are they on when you turn the light on, or is there a separate switch?

My 5 yr old son is autistic and TERRIFIED of bathroom fans. Literally this would ruin our time, so if it is the kind of fan that goes on when you go in the bathroom, I just need to know about it ahead of time!
Kebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Fairly certain they are activated by a motion sensor.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I don't recall which resort it was, but on one of our recent trips I remember thinking that the bathroom fan was kind of loud/annoying. I'd go in to brush my teeth and think geez that thing is annoying. Couldn't turn it off though. Might have been connected to the lights
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post
This is going to sound rediculous, but I need someone to tell me if there are fans in the bathroom at the poly, and if they are the kind you can turn off? For example, are they on when you turn the light on, or is there a separate switch?

My 5 yr old son is autistic and TERRIFIED of bathroom fans. Literally this would ruin our time, so if it is the kind of fan that goes on when you go in the bathroom, I just need to know about it ahead of time!
I would definitely speak to a manager at the Poly before you arrive. There has to be a way to deactivate the motion sensor and there has to be a way to set this up before you check in. Worst case scenario is that it will take a little bit longer for you to get access to your room after you check-in while they take care of it, but if they know about the issue in advance, they will be ready to do it when you get there.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
jc040404
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure it's a separate switch. I agree with the PP about calling to be sure, but I think you're okay.
jc040404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
gritzel4
Domestic Goddess

I am not sure about the Poly bathrooms - but the ones in the Treehouse Villas would come on all the time!

We travel with DS 15 who has autism and have found that we cannot rely on maintenance/the hotel to fix all of his sensory things. Therefore, we travel with tape and small alcohol pads (to clean up tape residue) and post it notes. It is amazing what we have McGyvered while in hotels. Maybe with those items you can "fix" any problem with the fan.

Pixie Dust for a magical vacation

Tim Melissa David Megan
gritzel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post

I was just in one of the newly remodeled rooms in the Hawaii building. Our bathroom had the motion detector fan.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
mcgypsy
Mouseketeer

The one at the poly is motion sensored, but it only comes on in the little toilet area, not in the sink/shower area.
mcgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgypsy View Post
The one at the poly is motion sensored, but it only comes on in the little toilet area, not in the sink/shower area.
The bath is now now one large room so it came on very time you entered.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgypsy View Post
We thought it was loud/annoying so we just left the toilet room door open and the light off when we were in there.

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
Kebby
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the replies! Are the lights and fans connected? If no, I could put a post it over the motion for the fan.
Kebby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: