Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #61
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great photos of the baseball game. Baseball is not common here, so these photos are fascinating for me!
Your seats must have been truly awesome if you were able to get those great shots.

Love the photos of the WL. The vegetation is just so lush and wonderful there. And the photos always remind me of the lodge in the Grand Canyon.

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures at Epcot.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #62
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Duplicate post-oops!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #63
podsnel

Abridged version? Yea- because when I asked Tim before we left if we could cancel an ADR at BOG and just have a resort trip this time, he said, no- he wanted to go to the parks.

Which was REALLY good to hear because my DH lately has been insisting that the kids are a little burnt out on WDW. Hmmmm....maybe not, Pods.

Anyway, Tim really did want to go to Epcot, but we did not have much time before that ADR at BOG- but he was insisting he wanted to ride the new Test Track.(By the way, this counted as an early bday gift, and he was good with that). Afterwards, we would go right over to MK and then ride all the mountains etc after our yummy dinner.

Or not....

Anyway, here we are at Epcot-

We high tailed it to Test Track, which had a 90 minute stand by and 40 minute single rider wait.

Oh, I really miss coming in May....when the waits are no where near that....

Into the Single Rider line we went...

We think we designed a car, but actually, several of these were down, and there was a couple ahead of us that kept on designing cars on different screens but not finishing them so that wasn't helping either-

You know how Sum of all thrills has CMs who jump in to help you design your coaster if you are stuck? I think they need a few of those CMs over here...anyway....

Lots more screens below than in single riders-

Lots less people, too, LOL! ALL the single riders....

We got to the sign that said "You may get Seperated from your party on this ride" (or whatever it says). I think Tim was DEVASTATED!!

click to play-

And when it was our turn...we got rows 5 & 6! Sorry tim- you're stuck with me! We were seated with a family of 4- I was in back next to the CUTEST little girl- who introduced herself to me and chatted the whole time- I LOVED riding this with my new little friend!

The ride was great- it seemed faster to us on the inside- is it? Or is it just the lights that make it seem that way?

Then there's this-

But, being that when you get to the front of the line half of the screens AGAIN are already broken, who knows which car is which? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller????

Tim really liked the ride- he is glad we'll becoming back in December so he can ride it again. 2 days after Christmas. Wonder what THAT wait time will be. Hopefully we will be able to take advantage of that new FP system- ya think Disney will have released it by then?

It was KILLING me that we were in EPCOT for such a short time- but I knew I would be back in 6 weeks, so...umm...not that much! A few quick photos before we go-

Up next....Be Our Guest and the world's GREATEST Pommes Frites!!

Old 04-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #64
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Great shots of all the baseball action, you must have a had a good spot. I love your smiling faces, we can tell from your photos what a special time the two of you are having.
Yea! We were right next to Helen two feet behind home plate! And thank you for noticing our smiles- we were having a ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great photos of the baseball game. Baseball is not common here, so these photos are fascinating for me!
Your seats must have been truly awesome if you were able to get those great shots.

Love the photos of the WL. The vegetation is just so lush and wonderful there. And the photos always remind me of the lodge in the Grand Canyon.

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures at Epcot.
I highly recommend second row next to Helen- it's an AWESOME spot!

I have not been to the Grand Canyon yet- Do you mean El Tovar? We will, however, be staying at another GRAND resort this summer in Yosemite- the Ahwahnee. Should be gorgeous, we are truly excited for it!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #65
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I sure do love me some pomme frites! Especially those made from fresh potatoes.

I don't know if I care for the changes in Test Track, I liked all of the testing experiences.

I noticed how much Timmy has grown in the past couple of TRs, almost weekly! Once the kids hit high school the time kicks into high speed.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #66
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I have not been to the Grand Canyon yet- Do you mean El Tovar? We will, however, be staying at another GRAND resort this summer in Yosemite- the Ahwahnee. Should be gorgeous, we are truly excited for it!
Ellen, it has been YEARS since we were at the Grand Canyon. All I remember is that it was right at the edge of the Canyon. El Toval sounds familiar, but I would need to look it up.
But it was funny, because when we stayed at WL and I walked into the lobby I remember telling Tom that it felt like we were back at the Grand Canyon.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #67
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Test track is so on my to do list. I just hope I don't get I'll. hee hee.

I really thought the Yankees were going to play the Twins when you where there. Spring training is such a magical place for baseball. It shows the heart and soul of the game. I've never been but I have been to the AAA games and I've been told its kind of the same experience.

I'm so happy to hear the Timmy still wanted to go the parks. We are planning our next family trip. My Tim swears that it's the last time the kids will want to go as they are growing up. Fooie I say. I plan on sprinkling Peter Pans magical pixie dust in them so they never grow up cause that totally works, right? Rotfl

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #68
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

We haven't visited since the new Test Track opened so we are really looking forward to trying it in December

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on BOG as we sure hope we can get a reservation there
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #69
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Woo hoo I'll get to say Welcome to CA to you this summer, you'll love Yosemite.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #70
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I can totally see Mary Ellen texting you back and not giving an inkling as to what was up!

Ah Ichiro. We were sad but I respect where he was coming from. Foxgloves are so beautiful, I used to have some before I realized how poisonous they were and freaked out and yanked them out. Lol!

13 year old boys are dumb. Bless their hearts. Great torture video for later in life!

Fun day. What are your Christmas dates? I wonder if we overlap.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #71
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I sure do love me some pomme frites! Especially those made from fresh potatoes.

They are at BOG....

I don't know if I care for the changes in Test Track, I liked all of the testing experiences.

I noticed how much Timmy has grown in the past couple of TRs, almost weekly! Once the kids hit high school the time kicks into high speed.
I think he grew something ridiculous like 5 inches last year- CRAZY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Ellen, it has been YEARS since we were at the Grand Canyon. All I remember is that it was right at the edge of the Canyon. El Toval sounds familiar, but I would need to look it up.
But it was funny, because when we stayed at WL and I walked into the lobby I remember telling Tom that it felt like we were back at the Grand Canyon.
My girlfriend Joan stayed at El Tovar last year- it was a big deal when she was able to get the reservation, so that is probably the one you are thinking of. How long ago did you stay at WL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Test track is so on my to do list. I just hope I don't get I'll. hee hee.

I asked my little girlfriend if she was scared (it was her first ride) and she was ok- she asked me if I was scared, and I should have said, no- I'm not Loni-

I really thought the Yankees were going to play the Twins when you where there. Spring training is such a magical place for baseball. It shows the heart and soul of the game. I've never been but I have been to the AAA games and I've been told its kind of the same experience.

It very much felt like a minor league game- especially when you bought something to eat and didn't have to spend $20 on a sandwich!

I'm so happy to hear the Timmy still wanted to go the parks. We are planning our next family trip. My Tim swears that it's the last time the kids will want to go as they are growing up. Fooie I say. I plan on sprinkling Peter Pans magical pixie dust in them so they never grow up cause that totally works, right? Rotfl
I believe it does- just sprinkle a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We haven't visited since the new Test Track opened so we are really looking forward to trying it in December

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on BOG as we sure hope we can get a reservation there
for your ADR....
Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #72
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

subbing and going back to read!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #73
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love the surprise videos- so much fun!

Burned out on WDW? Pods, Pods, Pods. Silly men. Mother always knows best.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #74
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My girlfriend Joan stayed at El Tovar last year- it was a big deal when she was able to get the reservation, so that is probably the one you are thinking of. How long ago did you stay at WL?
Is that your DISmom friend Joan?
I think we stayed at WL in 2002 - so it has been a while. We visit now and then to enjoy Artist Point and the breakfast waffles at Roaring Fork.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #75
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

All caught up thanks to your links !!!! What a great surprise for Timmy!!! Can't wait to hear about supper at BOG!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: