Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #136
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Cameras

What kind of cameras do you use?

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #137
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a wonderful way to spend a day

Sorry for repeating myself but yet again your photos are beautiful

I'm sure that you and your brother will be taking a walk around San Juan together one day

By the way, that's a fine sounding drink! - must try this combo some time

many thanks linda!! it was so nice to be by myself with my camera. the weather was just so dang hot that after awhile, i kind of just gave up shooting & enjoyed the walk. it was heavenly.

my brother should be coming home in september. he's currently living in a tent with a family of rats as it's freezing over there. i can't wait for him to come home. he will probably be with me in disney in december.

i normally don't put in cranberry but his drinks were pretty strong & the cranberry was a much needed addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
What kind of cameras do you use?

hello.

i shoot with a canon 60D & my iphone 4S which i also have a detachable lens for. for castaway cay i purchased a weatherproof sony camera as my canon point & shoot was not waterproof.

if anyone is interested in a "land" adventure, i have started a trip report HERE of my last few trips to disney world.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #138
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #139
BEYONCE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post

many thanks linda!! it was so nice to be by myself with my camera. the weather was just so dang hot that after awhile, i kind of just gave up shooting & enjoyed the walk. it was heavenly.

my brother should be coming home in september. he's currently living in a tent with a family of rats as it's freezing over there. i can't wait for him to come home. he will probably be with me in disney in december.

i normally don't put in cranberry but his drinks were pretty strong & the cranberry was a much needed addition.

hello.

i shoot with a canon 60D & my iphone 4S which i also have a detachable lens for. for castaway cay i purchased a weatherproof sony camera as my canon point & shoot was not waterproof.

if anyone is interested in a "land" adventure, i have started a trip report HERE of my last few trips to disney world.
What lense do you have for your iPhone?

Love the tr!
BEYONCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #140
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

What a nice solo day is Puerto Rico! It looks peaceful even if it was hot. I love that private balcony/sundeck. They had some nice features. I love how Donald was out!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #141
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
What a nice solo day is Puerto Rico! It looks peaceful even if it was hot. I love that private balcony/sundeck. They had some nice features. I love how Donald was out!

Great day in San Juan!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #142
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEYONCE View Post
What lense do you have for your iPhone?

Love the tr!

i use the olloclip but didn't use that on this trip.

thanks for reading along!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #143
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 4/23/13

PRINCE & PRINCESS DINNER @ ENCHANTED GARDEN!

after my solo excursion in san juan, it was almost time for dinner @ enchanted garden. this would be our second time eating @ enchanted garden. so far, this dining room had my favorite meal of the trip.

we arrived to table 74 & our servers mr. o'neil & mr. ninja had crayons & a coloring book awaiting emme.

i was kind of tired from the sun beating me down in san juan. but i was hungry even though we all nibbled a bit from the amazing concierge lounge. i love the lounge & so grateful we had access to it all day.

after looking over the menu, i ordered items for my mom & i to share. it was my strategy to order a couple of appetizers to start because some were hit or miss. if we liked a particular appetizer, we would order another one.

we had the sambal also awaiting us at the table.

also, there was bread service as well.

Multi-grain Loaf and Country Current Bread

there were two different types of bread with dinner. emme loved the country bread and of course only ate the insides of the bread. the bread was warm.

at dinner, there was always this butter.

what exactly is "european style whipped butter blend"? curiousity got the best of me so i tried it. it just tasted like butter. i'm glad i solved that mystery.

as i was trying to make up my mind for appetizers, emme was going to town on her coloring book.

and i thought it was always sweet that wrote emme's name on her lid.

finally, i decided on these appetizers:

Slow Roasted Duck & Cheese Quesadilla

this was quite tasty. my mom isn't a duck fan so more for me! it was more of a puff pastry type appetizer rather than a quesadilla. i enjoyed it. so far, so good!

Belle's Blue Cheese & Polenta Cake

this was another winner in my book. i love polenta & the blue cheese flavor was amazing. i could have eaten this all day, every day.

for our main courses, my mom chose this:

Baked Sesame Tofu Steak

another tofu winner on board the fantasy. we love tofu. we eat tofu almost daily in our lives. the sesame oil used in this dish is how we would use it at home. the dish however made me long for my mom's cooking. at this point, i was really missing korean food & spicy korean food. but my mom enjoyed this dish a lot & she didn't enjoy much of the food on board the ship. two thumbs up from us.

and i chose:

Roasted Portabella Mushroom Pasta

this pasta had a butternut squash sauce. i love mushrooms & this dish had a deep mushroom flavor. the color of the orange threw me off. maybe they had some really really orange butternut squashes. but, it was a very tasty dish. it was light & not too heavy. we ordered two servings of this as my mom enjoyed it too.

you can see emme's nuclear orange kids macaroni & cheese dinner which she took two bites of & then wanted....mashed potatoes.

here are some more pics of the cute lights.

overall, this was a great meal from start to finish. it was unusual to like everything that we ordered when eating dinner. i was surprised to have liked everything that we ordered. we did not order dessert as we don't have much of a sweet tooth. but so far, enchanted garden has been our favorite place to eat dinner.

as we were leaving, we ran into a friend:

did i mention that sleeping beauty was out and about the boat A LOT?! she was always randomly walking around the ship. maybe she was an insomniac but she was always out while the other princesses were sleeping.

when we returned to our stateroom, we found this:

and check out the eyes:

super cute!!

i will be doing an entire post soley dedicated to the ridiculously amazing towel origami figures that our hosts left us. they were incredible!

i don't think i've posted what the couch looks like turned down as a bed. the couch was super comfy! i never wished to have slept on the bed as the couch was very very very comfortable. hard to believe but true!

after a delicious dinner, emme & i relaxed & watched a movie. emme had some yogurt and fruit as a snack with some milk. i had an adult beverage and then we finally drifted off to sleep.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #145
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

Luv it

Thank you so much for sharing love your tr.....
Old 05-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #146
DeniseMarie526
Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixie dust!

Onboard! Loving your TR!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #147
BEYONCE
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for the next update!
BEYONCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #148
labela
Earning My Ears

I am so loving your trip report! We are going on the same cruise this November except stopping at St. Maarten instead of San Juan. It will be our first time on the Fantasy and I can't wait!!!!

It will be me, my DH and DD8 as well as my mom, dad and grandma! So four generations and a once in a lifetime trip for us as well!

We are celebrating 2013 as the year of our big "5" birthdays...45, 65 and 85 for my gram!!!
labela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #149
cforsythe
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful trip report you are completing. I am hooked!!
Cruising Western 08/28/04-09/04/04
cforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #150
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Hi emmebear, I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions about the one bedroom suite? We are thinking of upgrading our Dream 4nt cruise for next year to a cat T from the cat V that we have booked. It will be an extra $2300 though....gulp!!!

However as we are from Australia I can't see us ever sailing the Bahamas again so we are thinking let's do it in style :-) I just want to be clear on what we will get for our $2300.

So we will have loads more room, a spa (whirlpool) tub in the bathroom with a tv in the mirror and the privilege of ordering a hot breakfast and dinner from the MDRs. Is there anything else we could look forward to? We would already have the concierge shoreside and lounge on the ship as we are booked in a cat V room.

Anyway if you can give me anymore feedback on the room and whether it was 'worth' it for you I would be very appreciative :-)

Cheers,
AJ
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12020, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: