Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #931
Mouseketeer

I called back and spoke to a different rep who was fantastic. Changed all flights, kept early bird boarding and now have another 17K points back in my account. Apparently because I changed the flight prior directly with them rather than online, I am no longer able to change online. Thank you all for the help!
120304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #932
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

So a ding just came across my desk for my dates! But when I go to my reservation and click on "change" I get an error message, what gives?
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #933
LVTiffy
Mouseketeer

hi there. anyone have any southwest promo codes they aren't using that would be valid for travel in may?? any help would be awesome! thx! :]]
LVTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #934
Mersmom98
Mouseketeer

What would you do?

We are flying our family of 7 (6 full fares + 1 free lap child) to Orlando July 13-20. I have enough points in my RR account right now to either book 2 roundtrip tickets or 4 one-way. My husband just recently got his Southwest Chase cc so we should have enough points next month to get 1 roundtrip or 2 one-way. Please advise on which option you would prefer if you were in my shoes...

*Purchase 4 one-way tickets with points, pay $ for 4 one-way and 1 roundtrip now, next month purchase the final roundtrip ticket
*Purchase 2 roundtrip with points, purchase 3 roundtrip with $ now, purchase 1 roundtrip next month with points
*Purchase 4 one-way tickets with points now, next month purchase 2 one-ways and purchase 6 one-way tickets with $.
*Wait until we have husbands points deposited next month to do everything

Hope this makes sense! The cheapest roundtrip cost from Houston to Orlando in July right now is $433 and that seems ridiculously high to me. Also, if you have a better option, please feel free to suggest! TIA!!!
JULY '13 - Offsite
Mersmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #935
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersmom98 View Post
We are flying our family of 7 (6 full fares + 1 free lap child) to Orlando July 13-20. I have enough points in my RR account right now to either book 2 roundtrip tickets or 4 one-way. My husband just recently got his Southwest Chase cc so we should have enough points next month to get 1 roundtrip or 2 one-way. Please advise on which option you would prefer if you were in my shoes...

*Purchase 4 one-way tickets with points, pay $ for 4 one-way and 1 roundtrip now, next month purchase the final roundtrip ticket
*Purchase 2 roundtrip with points, purchase 3 roundtrip with $ now, purchase 1 roundtrip next month with points
*Purchase 4 one-way tickets with points now, next month purchase 2 one-ways and purchase 6 one-way tickets with $.

Hope this makes sense! The cheapest roundtrip cost from Houston to Orlando in July right now is $433 and that seems ridiculously high to me. Also, if you have a better option, please feel free to suggest! TIA!!!
That does seem ridiculously high right now.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #936
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I see you live in Houston so this may not be worth it to you, but for me it's 3 hours to Houston and about 3 1/2 - 4 to Dallas. I find it to be cheaper almost every time I fly to go to Dallas instead. If you live in Dallas, it might have to be VERY MUCH cheaper, but you might want to look.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #937
Mersmom98
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
I see you live in Houston so this may not be worth it to you, but for me it's 3 hours to Houston and about 3 1/2 - 4 to Dallas. I find it to be cheaper almost every time I fly to go to Dallas instead. If you live in Dallas, it might have to be VERY MUCH cheaper, but you might want to look.
Ok so I just looked up fares from Dallas to Orlando for my dates. None of the flights are nonstop & it's still $162 cheaper per roundtrip fare. The kicker is that both flights STOP in Houston before heading on to Orlando. I don't get it!
JULY '13 - Offsite
Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #938
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so I just looked up fares from Dallas to Orlando for my dates. None of the flights are nonstop & it's still $162 cheaper per roundtrip fare. The kicker is that both flights STOP in Houston before heading on to Orlando. I don't get it!
Yep. We almost always end up going through Houston at least once (coming or going) - sometimes both ways. But it's cheaper to go to Dallas for some reason. I don't get it, but it's what we do.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #939
Mersmom98
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for this suggestion! I just looked at flying out of New Orleans. It's the same price as Dallas, but at least we would be driving East instead of North and they offer nonstops. My RR points will go further too so I'd be saving $765 by flying out of New Orleans instead of Houston. I think my dear old hubby would be on board with that for sure! The gas to drive there will cost us but we'd still be saving over $500.
JULY '13 - Offsite
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #940
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for this suggestion! I just looked at flying out of New Orleans. It's the same price as Dallas, but at least we would be driving East instead of North and they offer nonstops. My RR points will go further too so I'd be saving $765 by flying out of New Orleans instead of Houston. I think my dear old hubby would be on board with that for sure! The gas to drive there will cost us but we'd still be saving over $500.
Glad to help. We are looking at flying out of Austin in March as some of the airfare I looked at for them is a lot cheaper. Just waiting on march airfares.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #941
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:

Are both legs of the round-trip the same fare?

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #942
Mersmom98
Mouseketeer

I believe there's only a $1 difference.
JULY '13 - Offsite
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #943
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Haven't flown SW in years so I'm looking for some guidance. We are looking to go out of our small airport in Branson, MO through Chicago / Midway to Orlando in late September. I am familiar with checking in 24 hours prior and being assigned boarding group A, B, or C and then lining up at the airport with your assigned group to board.

I have only done non-stop in the past so how does this work in the layover airport? We will have just over an hour for a layover so we won't be at the gate super early like most of the other travelers.

I'm assuming when we de-plane and get to our next gate we will find most people already lined up in A, B, or C and we will just get in line behind those already there ahead of us and taking our chances of being seated together. It's not a HUGE deal as our daughter is 11 but naturally she would feel MUCH better seated with either myself or DH.

By purchasing EBCI will it even give us a chance to be seated together or will I just be tossing money into the air since we have the layover to contend with?
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #944
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
Haven't flown SW in years so I'm looking for some guidance. We are looking to go out of our small airport in Branson, MO through Chicago / Midway to Orlando in late September. I am familiar with checking in 24 hours prior and being assigned boarding group A, B, or C and then lining up at the airport with your assigned group to board.

I have only done non-stop in the past so how does this work in the layover airport? We will have just over an hour for a layover so we won't be at the gate super early like most of the other travelers.

I'm assuming when we de-plane and get to our next gate we will find most people already lined up in A, B, or C and we will just get in line behind those already there ahead of us and taking our chances of being seated together. It's not a HUGE deal as our daughter is 11 but naturally she would feel MUCH better seated with either myself or DH.

By purchasing EBCI will it even give us a chance to be seated together or will I just be tossing money into the air since we have the layover to contend with?
You will have second bording passes for Chicago. If they are already lined up and you fit into the A group, you'll line up in your spot.

I think (hopefully someone will correct me if wrong) that buying EBCI will check you into each leg of your trip.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #945
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
You will have second bording passes for Chicago. If they are already lined up and you fit into the A group, you'll line up in your spot.

I think (hopefully someone will correct me if wrong) that buying EBCI will check you into each leg of your trip.
This was my experience when I used it, it gave us numbers for each leg, for the one fee.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: