Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
providince
Mouseketeer

Be a Dopey Hero

Hey all, relatively new to the DIS but I can easily say I am addicted. Disney matches my other addiction which is running and triathlons and thanks to RunDisney, I can combine my two passions.

As anyone who runs knows, it is a somewhat selfish act. Our loved ones must sacrifice to allow us the time away to train and of course the cost to travel and race.

A few years back, I had the opportunity to run the Memphis St. Jude Marathon. While taking a tour through the hospital and the next day, running through the complex and seeing young children who were desperately fighting to survive changed my perspective on running. It was clear I had an opportunity to shine a light on needs and opportunities as well as raise much needed money to help find a cure.

I registered for the Dopey challenge as a St. Jude Hero, meaning I will be raising money to help find a cure.

To this end I will make this offer to all the DIS'ers who join me as a St. Jude hero. Anyone who donates at least $10 will have their name put on the race shirt that I will use for the race.

I will also update this tread with my run progress and the training I am doing. (Currently in triathlon mode but marathon training starts last weekend of August.)

Link to the fundraising page is here: http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/T...nal&fr_id=4150

Happy to answer any questions and share in the excitement of the inaugural Dopey Challenge!
providince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
providince
Mouseketeer

Is anyone doibg a run for Boston run this weekend, or have you done one?
providince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: