Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #211
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvlg View Post
thank you for the feedback. I am wondering if she didn't pick it up at baggage claim that evening will they deliver to the resort in the mornin?
Maybe, but in the meantime it will circle on the luggage carrousel for a long time before it is taken to the lost baggage office. It would be very easy for a thief to notice that it wasn't being picked up.

She really should just pick it up.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #212
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
- you ARE allowed to take the ME bus to the airport from another resort - you just need your proof of service and they give you a boarding ticket. Everyone was wonderful! We had a fantastic trip (even the PHM was great when we crossed the finish line and got our medals!) Hope it works as well for anyone else who needs to do the same thing!
You had some pixie dust, and that was great! But you can't count on that happening. The driver had room for you, but they don't always have room to spare. I've seen many a bus have too many passengers and not enough seats--and let me tell you, it gets ugly pretty fast!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #213
msvlg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Maybe, but in the meantime it will circle on the luggage carrousel for a long time before it is taken to the lost baggage office. It would be very easy for a thief to notice that it wasn't being picked up.

She really should just pick it up.
Thanks for the feedback. I never thought of that. I will have her pick it up.
msvlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #214
QcDISer
Earning My Ears

DME luggages from Canada

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been answered. We fly out of Quebec City, Canada to MCO. There is no US Customs clearing out of QC City (YQB). We will have to clear US Customs on arrival at MCO. Can we still use DME's luggage service? Or do we have to claim our luggages a baggage claim and then proceed to DME's Welcome Center after?

DME sent us our yellow tags this week.

I this can help, we fly on Canjet Airlines.

TIA
QcDISer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #215
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Yes you can still skip going to the baggage carousels and still use Magical Express baggage delivery when you ride Magical Express, regardless of where you live or where you are arriving from.

For Magical Express, clearing customs in Orlando works the same way as clearing customs in a city en route where you change planes, and it works similarly to clearing customs at your starting airport. You can use the yellow Magical Express baggage tags in the same fashion as someone living in the U.S.

(Special note: You have to clear customs before 10 PM if you do that in Orlando after which time everyone arriving in Orlando, domestic or foreign, needs to go to the baggage carousels.)
Avoid getting a lemon. The used car should test drive perfectly. Any roughness or hesitation and you should reject it and walk away. Don't accept excuses. Avoid becoming a battered spouse. Your fiance(e) should behave perfectly. Any roughness or outbursts and you should break up for good. Don't accept promises.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 04-01-2013 at 05:45 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #216
ah10is
Mouseketeer

We are flying on Delta. How does it work on our return flight home if I do online checkin on Delta's website and pay for our luggage online? Do we just drop off our luggage with the hotel airport check in and they tag them or can you only pay for the luggage with that Baggs phone number? Thank you.

1985 Contemporary Resort
2007 Caribbean Resort
2012 Caribbean Resort
2013 Port Orleans Riverside Resort
2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge
ah10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #217
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah10is View Post
We are flying on Delta. How does it work on our return flight home if I do online checkin on Delta's website and pay for our luggage online? Do we just drop off our luggage with the hotel airport check in and they tag them or can you only pay for the luggage with that Baggs phone number? Thank you.
I have always just called the BAGGS number, on my pickup confirmation sheet. They take my payment over the phone, and give me a payment conf number. Then, I just take my bags down first thing the next morning and show them the conf number if need be.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #218
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Now....the only issue you may run into is this....You tagged 3 bags. You get to your resort, using a towncar or rental car. You do not checkin at the DME welcome counter. You get to your resort, get checked in, and then head off to a park. You return to your room, many hours later, assuming your bags will be there, waiting, in your room. But, you find only 2 bags in your room! So, you call Bell Services and start the search. The airlines have a window in which you should be submitting a claim for missing/misdirected bags....this window may have passed by the time you realize you have missing bags. Of course, WDW/DME may have just sent your missing bag to the wrong resort.So...long story short....Disney tells you that you have to ride the bus to get your luggage delivered. Disney will move all yellow, DME tagged bags, from MCO to WDW resorts...whether or not you are on a DME bus.

As long as you are aware of what 'could' happen, do what you wish. We have not seen reports of missing baggage here. It just doesn't happen very often...at least we aren't hearing of it happening.

There is no need for debate...this is how it works, plain and simple.
Sorry I didn't read the whole thread and I'm not trying to be a wise guy but wouldn't that be the case whether you rode the DME bus or not? I mean you're not expected to wait for your bags to arrive at the room before you go to the parks. Also just wondering is it better to check in with DME and not ride the bus or just not check in at all if you don't intend on riding the bus?

Normally I rent a car and DW and DD's take DME and we meet up at resort and everything is swell. But this year we arrive at 10am and I immediately have to go pick up DD whose last day of DCP is that day. She needs to vacate her apartment by noon. So I was hoping to have DME take the bags to save time, and in the meantime we will drive over and load DD's stuff in the minivan.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #219
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Sorry I didn't read the whole thread and I'm not trying to be a wise guy but wouldn't that be the case whether you rode the DME bus or not? I mean you're not expected to wait for your bags to arrive at the room before you go to the parks. Also just wondering is it better to check in with DME and not ride the bus or just not check in at all if you don't intend on riding the bus?

Normally I rent a car and DW and DD's take DME and we meet up at resort and everything is swell. But this year we arrive at 10am and I immediately have to go pick up DD whose last day of DCP is that day. She needs to vacate her apartment by noon. So I was hoping to have DME take the bags to save time, and in the meantime we will drive over and load DD's stuff in the minivan.
I have been asked how many bags I checked, and tagged, when checking in at the bus line. Others have said they were never asked. I have been told that they ask you how many bags in order to know how many bags are expected, and if they scan only 2 bags, but 3 are expected, they can start looking for it.
Now....whether or not that actually happens, who knows. But, there were reports, early on, of just that happening.

If you call Disney and ask them if you can tag your checked bags and have DME move the bags, but you rent a car, they will tell you no. They will tell you that DME is not a luggage delivery service and that you are supposed to ride the bus. I personally would prefer that people do it this way vs taking all their bags to the bus with them. I have no idea if anyone will have an issue doing it either. I just want to be sure that everyone who is thinking about doing this, fully understands Disney's policy and what they want to happen. They make the policy, not me.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #220
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:

According to the Terms and Conditions in the Magical Express booklet that's mailed several weeks before travel, Disney provides exactly the same liability for loss or damage as the airlines. In fact, the paragraph even starts off, "Consistent with airline baggage policies, Disney's liability for loss or damage..." In other words, if luggage is lost or damaged, the Magical Express passenger files a claim with Disney, not with the airline. How Disney works things out with the airline (including who ultimately pays the claim) might make a difference to the shareholders of Disney, but not to the Magical Express passenger.

However, Disney also states that Magical Express baggage transfers are only for Magical Express passengers. Here's what Disney's current policy is regarding DME luggage delivery without riding on the DME motorcoach on Disney's official "Complimentary Airport Transportation Service - Disney's Magical Express Transportation" page:
Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motorcoach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.
Despite this, some arriving guests have apparently been successful using Magical Express baggage transfers without using the passenger transportation.

The open question is whether Disney will still accept responsibility for baggage issues for those who pile into a rental car instead of riding to WDW on a DME motorcoach.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #221
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
However, Disney also states that Magical Express baggage transfers are only for Magical Express passengers. Here's what Disney's current policy is regarding DME luggage delivery without riding on the DME motorcoach on Disney's official "Complimentary Airport Transportation Service - Disney's Magical Express Transportation" page:
Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motorcoach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.
Yeah I would probably be too nervous to just try having the luggage delivered without anyone riding the bus. But how do they know who rode the bus and who didn't? Every year I drive to the resort and the girls all ride the bus and it seems like no big deal. I forget the process since I haven't done it in so long...do they take a ticket or voucher from each person getting on the bus. How would they know I didn't actually get on the bus?

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #222
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
But how do they know who rode the bus and who didn't?
Each passenger's transportation voucher is scanned with a handheld barcode scanner when he or she boards a DME motorcoach. (Transportation vouchers are part of the DME packet that's mailed ahead of time, and vouchers are also available at the DME welcome center for guest who for forgot their vouchers or never received them.)

Bags are also scanned into the system at various stages of the DME luggage transfer process.

Disney's computer system knows who rode on the motorcoach and how many bags they had. Disney also knows when they've scanned bags but there have been no corresponding motorcoach passengers.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #223
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

I think it works like this:

Nothing unusual happens unless someone files a baggage claim at the resort front desk.

Then they cross reference the records to match up yellow tags scanned in at MCO with the booklet the guest submits at claim time. Also any information collected from the guest at the Magical Express welcoming area back at MCO, e.g. bag size and shape, is retrieved, etc. This may be enough to track down the missing bag with.

The question of riding the bus would not be raised unless the guest applied for compensation and also the bag was never scanned.
Avoid getting a lemon. The used car should test drive perfectly. Any roughness or hesitation and you should reject it and walk away. Don't accept excuses. Avoid becoming a battered spouse. Your fiance(e) should behave perfectly. Any roughness or outbursts and you should break up for good. Don't accept promises.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 04-13-2013 at 11:02 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #224
merfsko
Mouseketeer

whoops, wrong thread. <delete>
DLR x2

Last edited by merfsko; 04-20-2013 at 01:03 PM.
merfsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #225
Morganw42
The Doctor

bump

Anybody done the bags only DME gambit lately? We arrive on 5/13 and are thinking of trying it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: