Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #976
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Hi

Last edited by McBain15; 04-09-2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Not needed
McBain15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #977
jobro912
Mouseketeer

Son didn't make it for CP Character. I am trying to talk him out of going because I don't think it's the best choice for his program...he is a theatre major and his role is custodial. Ugh...Oh well, I guess he needs to decide.
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #978
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

My stepson was accepted for CP this past Friday for fall advantage. He lives with his Dad and I. He auditioned in St. Louis. We are very proud and excited for him. He starts on 27 May. Busy trip planning now
Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #979
jobro912
Mouseketeer

Congrats, Brit_Jude...I would be proud, too. Really thought my son had done well. Guess not. I had hoped it would be his ticket out of custodial.

Last edited by jobro912; 04-08-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Add info
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #980
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

Hey guys,

Is there a list anywhere on this thread with a compilation of the height ranges for various characters/roles (parade and show dancers/performers)

I just went through quite a bit and didn't come across anything except tidbits here and there.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows whether there is a list posted & if so, what page...
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #981
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

This is from a thread somewhere on the DIS. I have no idea how accurate it is. I saved it from a long time ago:

less 5' Duck height
5'-5'2 Mouse Height
5'2-5'4 Chipmunk height
5'6-5'8 (or so) Pluto height
5'4-5'7 Princess Height
5'9 - 6'0 (or so) Goofy Height"

" 4'6" - 4'7": Daisy, Donald
4'8" - 4'9": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie
4'9" - 4'10": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio
4'10" - 5'0": Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Brer Rabbit, Meeko, Piglet
5'0" - 5'2": Max, White Rabbit, Pooh, Robin Hood, Timon, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Scrooge McDuck, Terk
5'1" - 5'2": All of the characters listed above in the 5'0" to 5'2" range, plus Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla.
5'2" - 5'4": Doc, Gideon, Happy, King Louie, Suzy, Perla, Chip, Dale, Jessie, Bullseye, Penguin
5'5": Mr. Smee, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator (not much for this height!!)
5'6" - 5'7": Friar Tuck, Mr. Smee, Pluto, Rafiki, Wendell, Buzz Lightyear, Flik, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator
5'7" - 5'8": Rafiki, Eeyore, Pluto, Prince John, Wendell, Friar Tuck, Buzz Lightyear, Flik
5'8" - 5'9": Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo
5'9" - 5'10": Liverlips, Tweedles, Shaker, Brer Fox, Geppetto, Dumbo
5'10" - 5'11": Geppetto, Sherriff of Nottingham, Foulfellow, King Lion, Tigger
5'11" - 6'0": Foulfellow, King Lion, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tigger
6'0" - 6'2": Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad
6'2" - 6'3": Baloo, Beast, Brer Bear, Goofy, Woody, Jafar, Launchpad
6'3" - 6'4": Beast, Jafar, Launchpad"
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #982
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912
Congrats, Brit_Jude...I would be proud, too. Really thought my son had done well. Guess not. I had hoped it would be his ticket out of custodial.
Thanks jobro912. I'm sorry your Son is in the current predicament and that he'd made it too. Whatever you and he decide I hope it all works out.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #983
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Hello

Is 5ft 1 a good height to audition for disneyland ?
McBain15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #984
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
Son didn't make it for CP Character. I am trying to talk him out of going because I don't think it's the best choice for his program...he is a theatre major and his role is custodial. Ugh...Oh well, I guess he needs to decide.
Sorry to hear this; I was really hoping he'd made it. Will his college "hold" his scholarships and financial aid for him to do CP as an internship? DD's school will give her 6 credits for doing the program, and Disney gives what appears to be a great production class that, if DD can talk her way into, her school will give her 3 credits for. CP isn't always about doing something in your major; it's about the overall experience, and having Disney on your resume. Hopefully you guys will come to a decision that makes everyone happy.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #985
Cais
DIS Veteran

Did anyone else audition at the ft/pt/ct audition yesterday? It was my first time auditioning and I made it all the way to the end. We did the first movement, cut us down from maybe 300 or so to about 55. From there they split us in half and had us do the animation portion. I made it past there and ended up in the puppetry audition. It was a lot of fun! They told us as we were leaving that if we made it that far our scores were good and we are in the pool for six months.

Pretty exciting!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #986
Justice4al
Earning My Ears

Auditioning december 19th! Help

Alright here's the deal,

i'm 5'2 and i'm not a dancer.
Iv'e done character performance for 3 years iv'e done kings dominion character shows. and iv'e had too learn that choreography. I have a REALLY OUTGOING personallity, I'm not a dacner and i was wondering what the audition dance was like?! if anyone could help me that would be great! Basically what i'm asking is are they going too not consider me because i'm not a dancer? I really want meet&greet. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Justice4al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:06 AM   #987
smashattack
Earning My Ears

Hey guys was wondering if anyone could help answer this. I got a callback for disney cruise lines. I currently do not have a valid passport, so had to answer no for this on the paperwork. However contracts don't start for another 3 months so I can easily have one by then. My question then is by putting no on the paperwork will I immediately be discounted for casting??

Thanks in advance
smashattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #988
smashattack
Earning My Ears

Hey guys was wondering if anyone could help answer this. I got a callback for disney cruise lines. I currently do not have a valid passport, so had to answer no for this on the paperwork. However contracts don't start for another 3 months so I can easily have one by then. My question then is by putting no on the paperwork will I immediately be discounted for casting??
smashattack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: