DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #631
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post

I've been teaching my 15 year old niece to drive. I'm still recovering.

Why is it that teens who have never driven always tell you to "calm down" when you see your life flash before your eyes?
I give you 100% credit and respect eliza ! I could not really teach any of my kids. I would try and hit the imaginary brake on the floor----heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest---sweating.....just not good for my health ! My kids would actually tell you that they asked for dad to teach them.
In fact, my youngest (19) still does not have her license. She is close. She was just not emotionally ready. Baby of the family syndrome ? But my husband has been teaching her. She will be ready to take the test late May/early June.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #632
twokats
DIS Veteran

Eliza,
I had to finish teaching my youngest son how to drive, we waited a long time to get his license until I was sure he could handle himself and he is the most careful driver now. A lady hit his car in Greenville a few years after he got his license and even now he is careful where he drives. With his handicap he is not comfortable in unknown areas and big towns, so he only drives to a few places.

I hope the people of Boston sleep easier tonight since the persons responsible for that tragedy have been apprehended and/or killed.

Thank God for resolution in that situation.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #633
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
I hope the people of Boston sleep easier tonight since the persons responsible for that tragedy have been apprehended and/or killed.

Thank God for resolution in that situation.
Kathy,it has been a very long week and yesterday was draining. When they held the press conference in the early evening and they did not have any significant info we weren't sure what to think. Thank goodness they caught him.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #634
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

~Back to WDW planning~

We are leaving for WDW 3 weeks from tomorrow, and I feel as though I have barely thought about it in weeks.

I was just looking at the WCC lunch menu and did not see the milk shakes. Have they stopped serving them!!??

Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #635
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
We are leaving for WDW 3 weeks from tomorrow, and I feel as though I have barely thought about it in weeks.

I was just looking at the WCC lunch menu and did not see the milk shakes. Have they stopped serving them!!??
Yaay ---3 weeks !!!! We just ate there on March 5---I would swear milkshakes were on the menu Corinne ?!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #636
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Don't know how much y'all hear about what goes on here in Texas, but a little town called West (about 3 hours from me) which I go thru everytime I take Kati down to work in South Texas, had a fertilizer plant which caught on fire and blew up. It was a massive explosion which was even felt and heard from many many miles away. It totally devestated this little town. Luckily it was evening and the plant was closed, but lives were lost and many homes and business were severely damaged. I think they are rating it close to the force of the Oklahoma City explosion. I still have not heard everything, but the pictures tell a lot.

If y'all could add a few prayers for this TX city also. It is amazing how many towns have gone down there to help. From the Dallas area, Waco and many more. Thanks for listening!
We have been getting news of the TX explosion all week. What a tragedy. They are in our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Thanks Everyone for all the Birthday Wishes

New Magical Moment
Having the Dapper Dan's Sing Happy Birthday to you in Full Harmony !!!
followed by a solo ride down Main St with them singing all the way
including I've got the Joy Joy Joy Joy Down in my Heart

Maria
Love the Teapot and
yes you are right we had ADR's at Be our Guest for Dinner
and I tried the grey stuff
It was delicious.... the dishes were right
Joy! What a fantastic birthday celebration that is! Do tell, how did you manage to get them to serenade you??

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #637
CaoilinnsMom
Mouseketeer

5 weeks to go, and my daughter and I will be on our first solo Disney World vacation at the Lodge. I bought my contract a year ago and have waited anxiously for this trip ever since, i wanted it to be warm enough to swim in the pool. :-). I visited the lodge 10 years ago, for my brother's wedding and knew it had to be my home resort. The atmosphere plus the boat shuttle to MK were the deciding factors for me.
I grew up in southern California, visited Disneyland frequently as a child. I made my first trip to Disney World at 2, the same age I first took my daughter. I LOVE disney! She is 4 now, and I am looking forward to many trips in the future. We have some character dinners and a a reservation for the dessert party. This will her first time to see the fireworks at the castle, I am beyond excited to share this with her! I hope she will have the same magical memories as an adult that I do now of my childhood.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #638
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post

I am pretty sure I saw them being served last year when we were there in May, but we did not personally get any.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #639
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaoilinnsMom View Post
5 weeks to go, and my daughter and I will be on our first solo Disney World vacation at the Lodge. I bought my contract a year ago and have waited anxiously for this trip ever since, i wanted it to be warm enough to swim in the pool. :-). I visited the lodge 10 years ago, for my brother's wedding and knew it had to be my home resort. The atmosphere plus the boat shuttle to MK were the deciding factors for me.
I grew up in southern California, visited Disneyland frequently as a child. I made my first trip to Disney World at 2, the same age I first took my daughter. I LOVE disney! She is 4 now, and I am looking forward to many trips in the future. We have some character dinners and a a reservation for the dessert party. This will her first time to see the fireworks at the castle, I am beyond excited to share this with her! I hope she will have the same magical memories as an adult that I do now of my childhood.
How fun!! Have a great trip and a wonderful time at the Lodge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
I've been teaching my 15 year old niece to drive. I'm still recovering.

Why is it that teens who have never driven always tell you to "calm down" when you see your life flash before your eyes?
I always felt my parents were relatively insane when they would allow me to drive when I was learning. Those roads were so narrow and I knew nothing!

Old 04-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #640
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaoilinnsMom View Post
I'm sure you'll have wonderful memories after this trip, too, and I know you will love the Lodge. The ambience and theming is beyond reproach, and the boat to MK is a bonus. Don't forget about doing a Hidden Mickey search (ask for the tip sheet at the front desk), walk along the trail to FW (where you can see horses), watch the EWP from the beach, take in s'mores and movie night also on the beach, and many other delights. Welcome home! And welcome to our Groupies!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #641
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Joy! What a fantastic birthday celebration that is! Do tell, how did you manage to get them to serenade you??
Yes, fill us in Joy what a fabulous photo!!!

Thanks for the responses about my milkshake inquiry Maria and twokats

Old 04-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #642
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

Stopping by to say, hello! Our VWL contract just passed ROFR on Monday. With the tragedy that day, I couldn't celebrate. I am very excited now, though! It is such a beautiful resort! We are very, very happy.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #643
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
Stopping by to say, hello! Our VWL contract just passed ROFR on Monday. With the tragedy that day, I couldn't celebrate. I am very excited now, though! It is such a beautiful resort! We are very, very happy.
Congrats and welcome to the Groupies DisneyDiana this is the best group of people here!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #644
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

CaoilinnsMom....congrats on your purchase of VWL last year ! Sounds like a truly magical trip you have planned with your daughter !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
Congrats DisneyDiana !

Old 04-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #645
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

I hope that all of my fellow groupies are doing well. My thoughts are with those affected by the marathon bombers. Great job by law enforcement to quickly handle the situation.

20 days until Kidani. It should be fun.

Hugs to all.

-wD

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: