Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #1126
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Absolutely heartbreaking...so sorry.

Jill in CO
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well....Jill was on it first. Originally we were booked on the Med and then I got financially responsible are rebooked the 9/28 S. Carribbean. then I started doing my homework around what was more likely versus less to be a conflict with homecoming and moved it to the 9/20 and voila! We are on the same cruise It will be an early anniversary cruise.



You should! Do it do it do it!



Not all that different from Jeff's dream, which is to move somewhere warm we can easily fly the seaplane in and out of and just bop around lake to lake, small island to small island... He's still got 8 years before "early" retirement and frankly we've got 10 before kids are really out of college if they are even on time so....he's saying 10 years and my money is on 12-15.





that is hysterical!



Oh Michelle, that is heartbreaking.

You do need to look forward to a fall trip, planning will make you smile and when the contractors annoy you...ask them if they can replicate a light fixture in Morrocco, tile from Mexico, or a something equally as silly.


Thank you. I love the idea. I have some pictures of some great Disney light fixtures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Well I really thought this out, first I was going to say "Cougar Lover", then "Cougar Aficionado", but I suppose I should have just used the word "Mercury" in front of it. Besides why would she be interested in older women who prey on young boys!



Jill, That's really cool you have gotten the car to that stage. All of our cars have come to us in pretty good condition so they only need minor repairs. We have our first one that requires paint and exterior work. It also has some rust that needs to be addressed.

Michele, I was wondering if there was any hope for your poor Mustang. I noticed that one right off, and what a classic it was. The fact that it has such sentimental value too makes it even more heartbreaking.

Her name is Shasta. My dad named her that because as he put it, "She has to have gas, she has to have oil....." So many great miles and memories with her. I will always have the great memories of riding in the back seat and drinking RC Cola from a glass bottle listening to and singing along with the Rolling Stones with my dad. "Hey, hey, hee hee get off of my cloud..." Great memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
So sorry, Michele.
Thank you.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #1127
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What year? Fran is a Cougar collector.

Like the roast, this is fantastic!


Quote:
I leaves from Port Canaveral. Day 2 at CC, Day 3 at Sea, Day 4 at Key West, Day 5 at CC and back to PC.

That sounds lovely. I hear Key West is very cool. And full of key lime pie.

Quote:
When I rent to folks I only charge $10 per point. So far I only have 30 points from my 2012 UY left. They are banked into 2013 and I have until August to use them. Probably for a night at the GCH on short notice, or the DLH.

$10 is a good deal. Your renters are lucky.

Quote:
My 2013 points are the ones I'm fretting about I still have 2/3 the allotment left and nowhere to spend them yet!

Im having a hard time sympathizing or empathizing. What resort?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Sigh I used to have a 1965 Mustang. It died a fiery death.


Hi all! Scotty made me feel better today by telling me that I needed to look forward to a Disneyland trip in fall of 2014. It's a ways off but it made me smile.


Now that's great news! I'm so happy for you. It's not far away and gives you something wonderful to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

I am glad to have a trip to plan. We are going to have a blow out trip.


I started meeting with the contractors today. I feel like I am on a prom date and they are trying to seduce me. All these stories they are telling me. Tempting me with granite or marble counters. Recessed lighting. All the fun stuff. Silly boys, I don't buy flattery.

A blow out trip is exactly what you all need!


Contractors? Are you rebuilding on the same lot? I'm glad insurance is stepping up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post


This is it.

I am so very sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well....Jill was on it first. Originally we were booked on the Med and then I got financially responsible are rebooked the 9/28 S. Carribbean. then I started doing my homework around what was more likely versus less to be a conflict with homecoming and moved it to the 9/20 and voila! We are on the same cruise It will be an early anniversary cruise.

Financially responsible? Do tell. I've heard the words but don't grasp the meaning. Love that's its for your anniversary too. And NO kids. Great way to celebrate.



Quote:
You should! Do it do it do it!

I should! I was planning on rebooking Gabby's graduation cruise but I should book that one. September is a difficult time to leave the kids and one of the reasons Europe got put on hold for our big 20th this year. September costs significantly less than August.



Quote:
Not all that different from Jeff's dream, which is to move somewhere warm we can easily fly the seaplane in and out of and just bop around lake to lake, small island to small island... He's still got 8 years before "early" retirement and frankly we've got 10 before kids are really out of college if they are even on time so....he's saying 10 years and my money is on 12-15.

Love his dream, sounds wonderful. We've got at least 10 years however I'm not opposed to student loans. I had them, paid them, and survived. So will they. I'm not saying we won't help them but were not waiting around Utah for everyone to finish college. They're all planning on leaving here anyway so there's no point in us sticking around here. Now 2.5 years is when he can retire from the FD, not retire from working all together. That's the reason we've joined with his buddy in the business.


Quote:
You do need to look forward to a fall trip, planning will make you smile and when the contractors annoy you...ask them if they can replicate a light fixture in Morrocco, tile from Mexico, or a something equally as silly.


Great idea Cynthia, that's hilarious!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, our cruise goes from Los Angeles to Vancouver and we have an overnight stop at San Francisco and a day in Victoria on the way. The first day in San Francisco we will do the Napa Wine Train and the second day I will go to the Disney Family Museum and DH has booked an excursion to cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Corinna
That sounds wonderful. Your excursions sound good too. I have a friend who lives rot near the Disney Family museum. He goes often. One day I'll get there. I've heard Vancouver is the most beautiful city. DH went with his folks when he was 16. He could kick himself now for being a snotty teen and not enjoying like he should of but remembers it being beautiful.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #1128
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Yes, we are. I am glad to rebuild the house we love it. It is going to be brought up to all the new bells and whistles. Recessed lighting in my kitchen. All sorts of good stuff. The latest contractor is a huge Disney fan. We sat and spent at least 20 minutes talking about the parks. Sigh.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #1129
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,974

Been in HHI so I'm just catching up.

Cute pictures of Chloe in her dance competition.

Love your Kidani pics. I just love the 2BR villas - they are absolutely fabulous! Staying in a 2BR at Jambo house in October and I can't wait!

Great animal pics. That zebra is too cool.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #1130
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yes, we are. I am glad to rebuild the house we love it. It is going to be brought up to all the new bells and whistles. Recessed lighting in my kitchen. All sorts of good stuff. The latest contractor is a huge Disney fan. We sat and spent at least 20 minutes talking about the parks. Sigh.
I can only imagine how painful this is and will be but I'm glad there are some bright spots. And having a rapport with the contractor will save oodles of headache.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Been in HHI so I'm just catching up.

Cute pictures of Chloe in her dance competition.

Love your Kidani pics. I just love the 2BR villas - they are absolutely fabulous! Staying in a 2BR at Jambo house in October and I can't wait!

Great animal pics. That zebra is too cool.

Thanks, Chloe had a blast. We've got another comp this weekend. She's very nervous. She came in last in her group and has been working ha this week. I'm so proud of her for even doing a solo. I'd never be able to handle it. She's a winner to me no matter what.

Tell me about HHI. It looks fun!

Kidani is one of my favorites. Are you going back for F&W? I love Jambo too. AKV is just so cool in general, you can't go wrong.

The animals are fascinating to me. I know they're *planted* but its still so neat to me. I really feel like I'm in another world.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #1131
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,467

I just updated the Kidani review on my post but basically the whole feel. Also a few things that happened. We just spoke to them this morning about our stay. I love SSR. Grand Stand is our favorite.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #1132
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I can only imagine how painful this is and will be but I'm glad there are some bright spots. And having a rapport with the contractor will save oodles of headache.





Thanks, Chloe had a blast. We've got another comp this weekend. She's very nervous. She came in last in her group and has been working ha this week. I'm so proud of her for even doing a solo. I'd never be able to handle it. She's a winner to me no matter what.

Tell me about HHI. It looks fun!

Kidani is one of my favorites. Are you going back for F&W? I love Jambo too. AKV is just so cool in general, you can't go wrong.

The animals are fascinating to me. I know they're *planted* but its still so neat to me. I really feel like I'm in another world.
It is. When asked one contractor said he could not make one of the bathrooms and bedrooms wheelchair accessible without a lot of money. I know that is not quite true. I am leaning towards a couple of the contractors. But we shall see.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #1133
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,916

kaoden39- I am sorry about the loss of your house. My prayers are with you.

franandaj- I might want to rent some points for next May or Nov (in 2014) if you have any available

Jenny sorry I am behind again I am trying to finish up school for Lexi but we are taking the day off today so I am catching up. I am off to catch up on your cruise ptr and your one day tr.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #1134
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I just updated the Kidani review on my post but basically the whole feel. Also a few things that happened. We just spoke to them this morning about our stay. I love SSR. Grand Stand is our favorite.

I just read it. Im sorry you had such a poor experience at Kidani. I'd be so pissed if they just threw the bedding like that. No bueno.i wouldn't like it either. I love SSR too. We've only stayed at the THV and explored the Springs pool but our next trip will include a spilt stay with part being at SSR. I have no idea when it will be though. I hate not having a WDW trip in the works.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It is. When asked one contractor said he could not make one of the bathrooms and bedrooms wheelchair accessible without a lot of money. I know that is not quite true. I am leaning towards a couple of the contractors. But we shall see.


Good luck deciding. Please post pics as the process goes on. I saw the Ears on FB that Scotty found. They made me smile. Hope you're all getting a little more rest and peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
kaoden39- I am sorry about the loss of your house. My prayers are with you.

franandaj- I might want to rent some points for next May or Nov (in 2014) if you have any available

Jenny sorry I am behind again I am trying to finish up school for Lexi but we are taking the day off today so I am catching up. I am off to catch up on your cruise ptr and your one day tr.
Is your school year over? That'd be a huge perk of homeschooling I'm guessing?

Don't worry about being behind. You know where to find me. Page one has a ToC if that makes it easier to find updates between the chatter.

How's your October planning coming?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #1135
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Tell me about HHI. It looks fun!
It's so awesome. I just absolutely love the island. All the live oak trees covered with Spanish moss. I love the Disney resort. I think it's most like VWL with a heavy fishing theme. the 2BRs are huge. It has that Disney theme without being in a park. The beach house is about 1.5 miles from the resort. It's really hard to get real estate on HHI so Disney took what they could get and had to put the resort on the Broad Creek and build a beach house on the beach side. there are shuttles that run back and forth. The beach house is adorable, the pool is heated and perfect, there is counter service there, and the beach is so flat you can ride a bike for miles.

There are so many amazing restaurants right in HHI and there are restaurants within walking distance.

The resort has a ton of activities - kayaking, dolphin cruise, marsh walk, beach walk, bird walk, and the usual community hall type activities. They also added a nightly movie.

HHI is close to Savannah and about 1.5 - 2 hours to Charleston. there are also a bunch of cute "low country" towns nearly by like Bluffton and Beaufort.

This was my second trip there and I can't wait to go back. I will definitely do some type of TR so I'll let you know. Cynthia and I are trying to finish up our October one. In fact, you are featured in her last update. Cute picture of the two of you, I might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Kidani is one of my favorites. Are you going back for F&W? I love Jambo too. AKV is just so cool in general, you can't go wrong.

The animals are fascinating to me. I know they're *planted* but its still so neat to me. I really feel like I'm in another world.
Yes - We are going 10/24-27 and staying at VWL, Dream cruise from 10/27 - 10/31, then AKL from 10/31 - 11/2. Our friends are cruising with us and coming back to Disney for the second half of the trip. Can't wait.

I agree - I don't care if the animals are planted or not, they are awesome and the whole resort is themed perfectly.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #1136
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,648

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It's so awesome. I just absolutely love the island. All the live oak trees covered with Spanish moss. I love the Disney resort. I think it's most like VWL with a heavy fishing theme. the 2BRs are huge. It has that Disney theme without being in a park. The beach house is about 1.5 miles from the resort. It's really hard to get real estate on HHI so Disney took what they could get and had to put the resort on the Broad Creek and build a beach house on the beach side. there are shuttles that run back and forth. The beach house is adorable, the pool is heated and perfect, there is counter service there, and the beach is so flat you can ride a bike for miles.

There are so many amazing restaurants right in HHI and there are restaurants within walking distance.

The resort has a ton of activities - kayaking, dolphin cruise, marsh walk, beach walk, bird walk, and the usual community hall type activities. They also added a nightly movie.

HHI is close to Savannah and about 1.5 - 2 hours to Charleston. there are also a bunch of cute "low country" towns nearly by like Bluffton and Beaufort.

This was my second trip there and I can't wait to go back. I will definitely do some type of TR so I'll let you know. Cynthia and I are trying to finish up our October one. In fact, you are featured in her last update. Cute picture of the two of you, I might add.



Yes - We are going 10/24-27 and staying at VWL, Dream cruise from 10/27 - 10/31, then AKL from 10/31 - 11/2. Our friends are cruising with us and coming back to Disney for the second half of the trip. Can't wait.

I agree - I don't care if the animals are planted or not, they are awesome and the whole resort is themed perfectly.
I am JUST missing you on the Dream!!!! I'm on the 10/20 Dream.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #1137
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I am JUST missing you on the Dream!!!! I'm on the 10/20 Dream.

Jill in CO
What? really? We sort of went back and forth as to which one to sail, but settled on the 27th because Denny's B-day is the 31st and he really wanted a b-day trip. Bummer.

Sorry for the hijack Jenny!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #1138
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,648

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What? really? We sort of went back and forth as to which one to sail, but settled on the 27th because Denny's B-day is the 31st and he really wanted a b-day trip. Bummer.

Sorry for the hijack Jenny!
My 40th birthday is the 25th so I was trying for one that was closer. Must eat at Remy!

Back to your regularly scheduled report.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #1139
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It's so awesome. I just absolutely love the island. All the live oak trees covered with Spanish moss. I love the Disney resort. I think it's most like VWL with a heavy fishing theme. the 2BRs are huge. It has that Disney theme without being in a park. The beach house is about 1.5 miles from the resort. It's really hard to get real estate on HHI so Disney took what they could get and had to put the resort on the Broad Creek and build a beach house on the beach side. there are shuttles that run back and forth. The beach house is adorable, the pool is heated and perfect, there is counter service there, and the beach is so flat you can ride a bike for miles.

It sounds amazing and the perfect non Disney Disneyish trip. All the Disney touches on a beach. I must visit there one day. I have read great things about the Carolinas. I'd love to visit one day. Do you have photos posted?

Quote:
There are so many amazing restaurants right in HHI and there are restaurants within walking distance.

The resort has a ton of activities - kayaking, dolphin cruise, marsh walk, beach walk, bird walk, and the usual community hall type activities. They also added a nightly movie.
Sounds awesome! Did you do many of the activities?

Quote:
HHI is close to Savannah and about 1.5 - 2 hours to Charleston. there are also a bunch of cute "low country" towns nearly by like Bluffton and Beaufort.

This was my second trip there and I can't wait to go back. I will definitely do some type of TR so I'll let you know. Cynthia and I are trying to finish up our October one. In fact, you are featured in her last update. Cute picture of the two of you, I might add.
Please do a trip report, I'd love to read more about it. Please post a link here when you do.

I just saw our photo. I am short and need a better bra. Not the most flattering of me but it sure was fun to meet up again. I liked her right away as did my family. One of these days I'll have to crash one of your girls' trips. I don't snore and can add points to the mix.



Quote:
Yes - We are going 10/24-27 and staying at VWL, Dream cruise from 10/27 - 10/31, then AKL from 10/31 - 11/2. Our friends are cruising with us and coming back to Disney for the second half of the trip. Can't wait.
WDW before and after the cruise? Do you have APs? Very very cool. I cannot wait to read all about that. What a great trip; nice and long.

Quote:
I agree - I don't care if the animals are planted or not, they are awesome and the whole resort is themed perfectly.

I totally agree and it doesn't feel zoo like to me either. They don;t seem sad and caged up at all. I'm guessing they're treated well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What? really? We sort of went back and forth as to which one to sail, but settled on the 27th because Denny's B-day is the 31st and he really wanted a b-day trip. Bummer.

Sorry for the hijack Jenny!
No worries, hijack away. I like the chatter and people being friends, getting to know each other. Its what makes this place great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
My 40th birthday is the 25th so I was trying for one that was closer. Must eat at Remy!

Back to your regularly scheduled report.

Jill in CO

You must eat at Remy and you must post photos after! I have to live through you ladies until I get to cruise with DH.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #1140
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
It sounds amazing and the perfect non Disney Disneyish trip. All the Disney touches on a beach. I must visit there one day. I have read great things about the Carolinas. I'd love to visit one day. Do you have photos posted?
Not yet. But I will post a few and do a regular trip report. I have most of them edited.

The Carolinas are lovely and fall 2011 was my first trip there. I immediately fell in love. I could seriously retire to SC. I just love it there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Sounds awesome! Did you do many of the activities?
I only did one activity because my DH ended up in the hospital and that sort of put me out of commission for a few days. I did the beach walk which was great. Last time I did the kayak trip (which I had wanted to do this time but had to cancel) and it was awesome. The bird walk was also very educational. We also toured Bluffton, Beautfort (think Forrest Gump), and Savannah. And - and we made a quick stop in Tybee Island.

Between the two pools and the two different locations its easy to laze away the whole day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Please do a trip report, I'd love to read more about it. Please post a link here when you do.


I definitely will. I'm not good at doing double TRs so I'll probably wait until Cynthia and I finish our current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I just saw our photo. I am short and need a better bra. Not the most flattering of me but it sure was fun to meet up again. I liked her right away as did my family. One of these days I'll have to crash one of your girls' trips. I don't snore and can add points to the mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Stop - that picture is adorable!

I actually was bummed I didn't stay to meet your family our second night there, but I was SO tired that night. Literally passing out.

And - Definitely on the girl's trip. I'm sure we would all get along great and we tentatively have one planned for May 2014. That's plenty of time to plan. Think about it. I'm sure I speak for Cynthia when I say it would be a ton of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
WDW before and after the cruise? Do you have APs? Very very cool. I cannot wait to read all about that. What a great trip; nice and long.
Yes - Ever since I joined DVC I've had an AP. I try to get two or three trips out of one AP then I don't renew until I'm ready to go again. I actually bought those DVC PAP's on my last trip and the plan was to activate them in June followed by an October trip and then the May trip.

Sometimes I buy my ticket at AAA (cause I have their credit card rebates) and then I just upgrade to an AP when I arrive.


Oh - and definitely on Remy!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: