Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1006
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

i think this is your first post

we had a really good time, how close are you to the dells? parker really wants to go back some summer when things are open outside to play there.

also i was trying to find a good cheese place to get some wisconsin cheese.

the one place i found was about 15 bucks a pound and i didnt really feel that much in need of it.
Thanks. I'm about an hour & a half from the Dells. The cheese in the tourist areas of the state tend to be more. There is a cheese factory between Milwaukee & Chicago that tends to have better prices then some.

Summer is a great time to go back as everything will really be up & running.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #1007
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

Hellooo fellow Midwesterner!!!

I have been enjoying reading about your surprise trip!!! I was on the edge of my seat in the beginning wondering if you could make all the surprises come together and they did!!!

What a great first week of your trip! Looking forward to continuing to join in on the fun!!

Polynesian '88, '89, '90, Fort Wilderness '98, Walt Disney Hilton '09, Coronado Springs '10, Wilderness Lodge '11, All Star-Music Dance the World '12, Animal Kingdom Lodge '12-13, Pop Century '13

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #1008
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

You are in Trouuuuuuble.......

Nah- Not many places you can go in a tube slide. The video had me giggling as you went down the slide.

I need to get back to the Dells sometime. Stayed at the Great Wolf up there for a conference. In a snowstorm....

Looks like a wonderful time with no one around. Great places to eat too!!!

Parker looks so happy. Noelle is getting so big, so fast. She looks like she will be a pistol. Look out
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 04-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #1009
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice update. that was fun.

Let's see - awesome pizza party.

Awesome trip to Wisconsin Dells and the watermark. I wish they had had those WPs when my kids were little.

I've seen that upside down white house on I drive before. Is it a Ripley's or is it called something else?

OK - the moose on the top of the car IS a bit much. Must really suck for the gas mileage.

Of course you HAD to try the beer sampler. I'm right there with you.

I can really see how the kids have grown and they are as cute of ever. Parker has a great smile and Noelle is as cute as a button.

I almost forgot - GREAT hat pictures. Kathy is going to love them. You just gave Mark some still competition.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #1010
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Wow, the Dells looked like fun! Love the pictures of the hat show and the pictures of delivery vehicles. I need to go to the Dells to check this stuff out!

Parker looks like that he had a really great birthday!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #1011
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

What a great Birthday for Parker !!! That soup looked yummy!!! I see Parker is paying tribute to Mark with all the Hats , you and Noelle too !! Candi camera shy Loved those delivery trucks !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #1012
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

What a fun birthday weekend! Wisconsin Dells looks like a fun destination - my mom and dad honeymooned there in the 50's. I'm guessing it was more like Prime Time then,

I can't believe how much Noelle has grown since the Summer. It happens so fast!

Okay, those Moose and Buffalo on the cars are a bit strange. Someone with a quirky sense of humor had to have thought that up. I'm guessing they're from Canada Eh!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #1013
mommytoxzande
Mouseketeer

Great report so far! Just wanted to say my family and I ate at Moose Jaw in October when we were there for my son's hockey tournament. They have a great meatball sandwich! What a great place to eat. Looking forward to more reviews.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #1014
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Fun birthday! Yeah, the moose car is a little much. That is EXACTLY where my boys would've wanted a picture taken. Something in that Y chromosome....

I didn't realize Wisconsin Dells was that drivable for you guys. Hmmm...that means it wouldn't be bad from my in-laws house. Gotta file that away for future get-a-ways!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 04-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #1015
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like an absolutely awesome birthday celebration. You can't beat having the whole resort to yourselves. Being able to do the waterslides as many times as you want is pretty much a dream come true.

I have no idea what was so funny about the back of the delivery car.

Can't beat a place that serves your food on a train!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #1016
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

You guys are having too much fun!

My favorite is Uncle Stinky's Mansoap: Not tested on animals, it's made from animals!

Although the moose on those delivery vehicles is a close second.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #1017
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracepr989 View Post
Thanks. I'm about an hour & a half from the Dells. The cheese in the tourist areas of the state tend to be more. There is a cheese factory between Milwaukee & Chicago that tends to have better prices then some.

Summer is a great time to go back as everything will really be up & running.
thanks i will do more cheese research before we head back up in the future, thinking maybe 3 or 4 more years till we go back so noelle is bigger to go on stuff and have more fun.

some of the campgrounds there looked nice for a return trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
Hellooo fellow Midwesterner!!!

I have been enjoying reading about your surprise trip!!! I was on the edge of my seat in the beginning wondering if you could make all the surprises come together and they did!!!

What a great first week of your trip! Looking forward to continuing to join in on the fun!!
howdy to the report.

thanks for reading along it was such a fun time knowing all the secrets and having them from candi,

hope you enjoy the rest of the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You are in Trouuuuuuble.......

Nah- Not many places you can go in a tube slide. The video had me giggling as you went down the slide.
yep even if you fall off the tube, you are still going to end up at the bottom pretty close behind the tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I need to get back to the Dells sometime. Stayed at the Great Wolf up there for a conference. In a snowstorm....

Looks like a wonderful time with no one around. Great places to eat too!!!

Parker looks so happy. Noelle is getting so big, so fast. She looks like she will be a pistol. Look out
if you go back to the dells stop in and say hi on your way by.

we saw great wolf but when i was looking at prices figured for half the price our place was perfect for the kids not being too big for them.

she already is a pistol, and a stinker...she knows how to get away with things already.

wonder who taught her that?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #1018
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice update. that was fun.

Let's see - awesome pizza party.

Awesome trip to Wisconsin Dells and the watermark. I wish they had had those WPs when my kids were little.

I've seen that upside down white house on I drive before. Is it a Ripley's or is it called something else?
seems like more and more places are putting them in great for the cold weather crowd and to keep bringing in business all year long.

i dont remember if that was a ripleys or not? i dont think it was as i saw 2 other ripleys while there and dont think they would have 3 of them in such a small area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK - the moose on the top of the car IS a bit much. Must really suck for the gas mileage.

Of course you HAD to try the beer sampler. I'm right there with you.

I can really see how the kids have grown and they are as cute of ever. Parker has a great smile and Noelle is as cute as a button.

I almost forgot - GREAT hat pictures. Kathy is going to love them. You just gave Mark some still competition.
the gas mileage is why i havent done that to my car yet.

well you have to sample the local brew right.

he might win on variety of hat pics, but i think the kids will give him a run for his money on cuteness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Wow, the Dells looked like fun! Love the pictures of the hat show and the pictures of delivery vehicles. I need to go to the Dells to check this stuff out!

Parker looks like that he had a really great birthday!
it was a really fun trip and seemed perfect for the time of the year, not busy at all.

he had a blast and is still playing hotel at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
What a great Birthday for Parker !!! That soup looked yummy!!! I see Parker is paying tribute to Mark with all the Hats , you and Noelle too !! Candi camera shy Loved those delivery trucks !!!
it was awesome rosie, im sure you would love it.

nope not camera shy, the first ones it was just me and parker off on our own, then for the other one, she was holding all the stuff from dinner so no free hands, ill get her in on it next time for you.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #1019
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a fun birthday weekend! Wisconsin Dells looks like a fun destination - my mom and dad honeymooned there in the 50's. I'm guessing it was more like Prime Time then,
it has grown a ton from when i was a kid, i remember there were areas of the main strip that were not grown up at all, now there is something everywhere there...but gives you that many more options of things to hit up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I can't believe how much Noelle has grown since the Summer. It happens so fast!

Okay, those Moose and Buffalo on the cars are a bit strange. Someone with a quirky sense of humor had to have thought that up. I'm guessing they're from Canada Eh!
she has grown alot thats for sure.

def. from canda doncha know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoxzande View Post
Great report so far! Just wanted to say my family and I ate at Moose Jaw in October when we were there for my son's hockey tournament. They have a great meatball sandwich! What a great place to eat. Looking forward to more reviews.
if you go back for another tournament have the cheese soup you will enjoy it.

hmm, i didnt see that on the menu, but then again, i was coloring with noelle and i heard cheese soup, sold....

then she said they had a beef sandwich and i read it and ordered it, didnt even look at anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Fun birthday! Yeah, the moose car is a little much. That is EXACTLY where my boys would've wanted a picture taken. Something in that Y chromosome....
sounds like they have a great sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
I didn't realize Wisconsin Dells was that drivable for you guys. Hmmm...that means it wouldn't be bad from my in-laws house. Gotta file that away for future get-a-ways!
yep was under 4 hours...straight around the toll road and north.

i think you guys would enjoy it.

our room was under 100 bucks a night and that included the slides and rides for free.

with the fridge and microwave in room you could make it really affordable by taking your own food.

which we did for most of the meals except the two we went out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like an absolutely awesome birthday celebration. You can't beat having the whole resort to yourselves. Being able to do the waterslides as many times as you want is pretty much a dream come true.
going down the slide was just enough time to give you rest to climb all the stairs again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

I have no idea what was so funny about the back of the delivery car.

Can't beat a place that serves your food on a train!
train serving food is okay in my book.

the best was when the bubble machine came by and got everyone...wonder if bubbles are edible?
oh well only ended up landing on parkers food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You guys are having too much fun!

My favorite is Uncle Stinky's Mansoap: Not tested on animals, it's made from animals!

Although the moose on those delivery vehicles is a close second.
thanks glenn we try and have a blast every day.

your right the moose vehicles are a little "behind" the mansoap,

whoever came up with that slogan is a genius.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #1020
FauntleroyFAN07

next update around the corner

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: