Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #3106
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Yes, they sell the mugs at BW Joe's and the BW Bakery and here are the closest refill locations:

The Pool (Leaping Libations), BoardWalk Pizza, BoardWalk Joe's, Seashore Sweets, BoardWalk Bakery and Belle Vue Lounge.
Thanks for adding Boardwalk Pizza and Seashore Sweets. I had forgotten those two. Now if only I could refill with a chocolate shake at Seashore Sweets!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #3107
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Thanks for adding Boardwalk Pizza and Seashore Sweets. I had forgotten those two. Now if only I could refill with a chocolate shake at Seashore Sweets!
I didn't see yours and Kerry's posts until after I posted - looks like we covered it all

Speaking of shake refills, Whispering Canyon Café at WL has all-you-can-drink shakes. I have it on good authority, that if you ask for them without whipped cream, you'll be able to down more
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #3108
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

When is the boardwalk bakery scheduled to reopen? I thought it was going to be done before our trip in 16 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I get to see the new bakery! So so so excited either way

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #3109
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
When is the boardwalk bakery scheduled to reopen? I thought it was going to be done before our trip in 16 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I get to see the new bakery! So so so excited either way
Hey Quakertown! Lower Saucon in the house!!! I'm only 5 miles from Quakertown, I'm on the far far south end of Lower Saucon.

BB is scheduled to re-open the end of next week. The day after I leave. Darn!

Half of our ladies group arrived at BWV today - so look out! The rest of us arrive on Sunday. I think altogether we have 5 or 6 villas reserved.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #3110
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Now you're talking! I think Seashore Sweets is a hidden gem. Most of the times we've gone they are EXTREMELY generous with the scoops, so a two-scoop ice cream cup is huge. Enough for two to share, or one to have half and save half for later if you have a DVC-room freezer. and you can mix and match flavors with the two scoops...
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #3111
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Now you're talking! I think Seashore Sweets is a hidden gem. Most of the times we've gone they are EXTREMELY generous with the scoops, so a two-scoop ice cream cup is huge. Enough for two to share, or one to have half and save half for later if you have a DVC-room freezer. and you can mix and match flavors with the two scoops...
You know in all my trips to the Boardwalk area, I've never been inside this place! I am definitely trying it on my next trip. Thanks for the tip!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #3112
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

You know in all my trips to the Boardwalk area, I've never been inside this place! I am definitely trying it on my next trip. Thanks for the tip!
If you eat at Flying Fish, you have to go through Seashore Sweets to use the restroom. It's really easy to get distracted by the sweets on your way back to FF. I love the sweet shop. They have photos of Miss Americas along the upper parts of the walls. It's fun the look around.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 04-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #3113
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
Does anyone know if they do restricted parking in October during F&W? We love BWI but hate the parking situation. I know during holiday periods they restrict the parking so I am hoping maybe that will help. How much is valet these days?
they have restricted parking for the past few years during the F&WF, as well as at certain other times.
after you use your room to open the gates (bypassing the huge line of non-resort guests that are being directed to valet or use lot across street), the first lot entrance (on the right) has poles up to prevent entry, make the right, and there will be a CM at the lot entrance (mostly there during F&WF, on friday nights, and weekends), allowing only those with active BWI/BWV room keys.
the parking availability can change during a BW convention or "event", but we have not had a single problem finding fairly close parking since they have restricted it (during may, august, sept/october visits).
hth
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #3114
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
they have restricted parking for the past few years during the F&WF, as well as at certain other times.
after you use your room to open the gates (bypassing the huge line of non-resort guests that are being directed to valet or use lot across street), the first lot entrance (on the right) has poles up to prevent entry, make the right, and there will be a CM at the lot entrance (mostly there during F&WF, on friday nights, and weekends), allowing only those with active BWI/BWV room keys.
the parking availability can change during a BW convention or "event", but we have not had a single problem finding fairly close parking since they have restricted it (during may, august, sept/october visits).
hth
Thanks Laurie, last time we had a car when staying at the villas we were directed to the car park on the left if that one just for the villas and the one on the right for the inn?
Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #3115
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Thanks Laurie, last time we had a car when staying at the villas we were directed to the car park on the left if that one just for the villas and the one on the right for the inn?
no.....but they restrict the one on your right more. the left one has a large section of the front sectioned off for valet. we've seen them direct non-resort guests to that one (not during F&WF weekends - then both lots have guards, and non-resort ppl are directed to use valet or the lot across the street).

a few ppl have posted that they have had to use the across the street lot during conventions at the BW (while staying BWI/BWV), but we've been there thru quite a few conventions, marathons, weddings, etc, and never had a problem.
there might have been a large convention while you were there.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #3116
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hey Quakertown! Lower Saucon in the house!!! I'm only 5 miles from Quakertown, I'm on the far far south end of Lower Saucon.

BB is scheduled to re-open the end of next week. The day after I leave. Darn!

Half of our ladies group arrived at BWV today - so look out! The rest of us arrive on Sunday. I think altogether we have 5 or 6 villas reserved.
I love when I "meet" people on the DIS who are local to me!! What ladies group are you a part of? Just some friends or a more organized group? Hope you have a wonderful stay... Nice to know eastern PA will be represented at BW throughout the month!!

Thanks for the BB info!! I'll take some pics... Although I'm sure the boards will be loaded with them by time I post!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #3117
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
I love when I "meet" people on the DIS who are local to me!! What ladies group are you a part of? Just some friends or a more organized group? Hope you have a wonderful stay... Nice to know eastern PA will be represented at BW throughout the month!!

Thanks for the BB info!! I'll take some pics... Although I'm sure the boards will be loaded with them by time I post!
Our "ladies group" consists of about 8 gals that all met right here on The DIS years ago. We chatted for years, then started having overlapping trips with our families, then in 2009 we said what the heck - lets just all get a villa & go together! We've gone 2-3 times a year since! Most are from PA - you should join us! 2 of us work at Yankee Candle at The Promenade - stop by & say hello sometime. I've met a ton is DIS-ers in there!

Ah there's my email for 24-hour online check-in for my flight....I'm SO EXCITED!! I've never stayed at BW before so this is awesome. I can't wait!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #3118
TaraPA

I'm off to the airport....can't wait to see BWV!!!!! Everyone have a great week!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #3119
Cee
DIS Veteran

We will be there in three weeks! Have a wonderful vacation!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #3120
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm off to the airport....can't wait to see BWV!!!!! Everyone have a great week!
Have a great trip!! We'll be there in 2 weeks!! Can't wait!!

DVC members since 7/12

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: