Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #2326
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

That's a great point. Maybe requesting a first floor room should be her first priority. Personally, I love first floor rooms. Some people do not. The room assigner at Pop told me that, if someone requests a first floor room, that is the request they try to fulfill first.
Agreed! Sandi! I'm always on the ground floor. I kinda forget about the fact that there are three other floors!! LOL.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #2327
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Agreed! Sandi! I'm always on the ground floor. I kinda forget about the fact that there are three other floors!! LOL.
I always request the 4th floor. It is the quietest. Maybe I really am an oddball when it comes to POP.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #2328
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I always request the 4th floor. It is the quietest. Maybe I really am an oddball when it comes to POP.
I prefer 4th floor too. It takes longer to get there but you don't have to listen to turbo toilets. You also get a decent view way up there.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #2329
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

We are coming this year for the first time and staying at pop. We have 3 small girls 6,3,2. I read on another thread to request general things ex: close to buses, food court, pools rather than a specific building. Do you think that applies to pop as well, or just go ahead and ask for a building? I see Smitch that you recommend building #9, what decade is that? If above are our priorities in order do you think 50, 60's seem best? Thanks for your input.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #2330
rabeck
Earning My Ears

Is walking to and from your room to the busses/lobby/food/pool that big of a deal? Besides needing an accessable room, what's the issue? Am I missing something?
DL: too many to count 1988-1996, August 2012, planning July 2014
WDW: February 2001, March 2006, August 2013
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #2331
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabeck
Is walking to and from your room to the busses/lobby/food/pool that big of a deal? Besides needing an accessable room, what's the issue? Am I missing something?
Well it depends...there are days that I am at the resort where I might refill my mug 8+ times that day. So going back & forth to my room can be a big deal if it is further out. I also sometimes take my food back to my room if I am a solo traveler vs sitting in the food court alone. I don't care about a walk to the pool as I don't use the pools. But for me, being closer to the food court (for my drink refills) and the bus stops is important (and I can't safely cut thru parking lots & such).
And as far as the turbo toilets, I have found that closing the bathroom door solves that problem! But the beauty of the resort is that they pretty much have something that should make everyone happy!!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #2332
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabeck View Post
It is not to me, but I guess it's a subjective thing. (Although you can objectively measure distance, I believe some people just feel like the walk is "too long" whether it really takes longer or not.) I think Pop is not too big, so there isn't a "too long" walk. But then, I don't have little kids anymore and am not pushing a stroller and carrying three bags, etc. Plus, I enjoy running in the mornings at Pop and I just can't see complaining about walking 100 yards more in a day when you've run 2 miles and then walked 10 miles through the parks (a slight exageration). It's all in our heads!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #2333
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Nope, not an oddball! We always request 4th floor at Pop! It is definitely quieter. One year we requested 1st floor close to the main building because my mother was with us and had some mobility issues. Never again. It was waaaay to noisy for us. We now request 4th floor lake view every time! We prefer lake view even more these days because we can take the AoA buses(sometimes they're less crowded/come more quickly than the Pop buses) and be back to our rooms fairly quickly. Plus, if you're 4th floor in the 50's buildings, you can get a view of the fireworks on the nights you're just too tired to stay out late.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 04-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #2334
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We love the 4th floor too. We even take the stairs a lot to help work off all those Mickey bars we've been eating.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #2335
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

I have booked two rooms at pop for October. We are traveling with four young kids, but money is tight and I really don't want to spring for preferred rooms. What building should I request for shortest travel from the buses? Carrying four sleeping kids at midnight is always fun times I know I'm not guaranteed the building I request, but thought I'd give it a try!!

Editing to see #9 has been requested.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #2336
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerdon02 View Post
I have booked two rooms at pop for October. We are traveling with four young kids, but money is tight and I really don't want to spring for preferred rooms. What building should I request for shortest travel from the buses? Carrying four sleeping kids at midnight is always fun times I know I'm not guaranteed the building I request, but thought I'd give it a try!!

Editing to see #9 has been requested.
Buildings 4 & 5 are also good. You can cut right thru Classic Hall to your building. You'd be in your room in maybe 2 minutes from Classic Hall. That is further for the DTD and AK bus stops though, but still not bad as back-ups if 9 is full.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #2337
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

OMG!!!

Forgot paperwork at home, had to go back and get it, but that was ok because Mickey was watching out for us and our flight was delayed long enough to go home and come back. Then, when we get here, we get upgraded to a preferred pool view room!!!! It is gonna be a great trip!

Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #2338
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwyngdh
OMG!!!

Forgot paperwork at home, had to go back and get it, but that was ok because Mickey was watching out for us and our flight was delayed long enough to go home and come back. Then, when we get here, we get upgraded to a preferred pool view room!!!! It is gonna be a great trip!
Congrats!! I bet that means the overall hotel occupancy rate is low which is good because it will mean that the buses will be less crowded as will the food court...
I'll have to check with my inside source @ POP when I talk to them next and find out what the occupancy rate is...
Enjoy!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #2339
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Great!

congrats, I hope you have a great time and the weather is nice. I noticed last week that they are already in the high 80's during the day so it is good. The pools will be okay. Have fun!

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
Old 04-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #2340
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Staying May 23rd for one night before WL for four nights!

We're hoping for a King Bed (noted it on reservation) and thought for sure it would be on the room requests for online check in but it was not so we'll see!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: