Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #16
Sunseeker17
Mouseketeer

We were on the Fantasy in February and did not watch a movie in the theatre at all but REALLY enjoyed the movies that were shown after the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party late at night on the Funnelvision...something about sitting out under the stars that made it really special (of course it WAS Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow on the big screen!)

Sunseeker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

I would probably watch more movies on the Magic and Wonder if the seats were more comfy. There just isn't enough leg room so DH and I sit on folding chairs in the back. And no, we aren't giants, but not every passenger is built like a dwarf either. I really hope they re-do the movie theatres during the upcoming refurbs.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #18
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

On my 4-night Bahamas cruises, I watched movies on Nassau and Castaway Cay afternoons. DCL had very few adult activities onboard while the ship was in port, and movies saved my afternoons.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #19
disneychic
DIS Veteran

We typically go late in the evening also - after dinner and stage shows are over (unless there is a prim-ear at sea at TWD theatre)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
Gigi22
DIS Veteran

I went to "the late show" on the last night of our cruise. It was a nice way to wind down the evening.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
I would probably watch more movies on the Magic and Wonder if the seats were more comfy. There just isn't enough leg room so DH and I sit on folding chairs in the back. And no, we aren't giants, but not every passenger is built like a dwarf either. I really hope they re-do the movie theatres during the upcoming refurbs.
I am a giant (6 ft 6 in) and the rows are terribly close in the Buena Vista Theater on the Magic and Wonder. I have actually sat on the front row before for more leg room. Haven't lately.

The seats on the Fantasy are better, but the backs move so when someone sits in front of you, they may be sitting in your lap (not really) but the back does come back a ways and MAY press up close to your knees.

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015

Last edited by Justacruiser; 04-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #22
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

I'm an insomniac, so when I took my family on the Magic back in 2011, I went to the late show every evening, even if I had already seen the movie, so as not to disturb them by watching tv or having a light on to read.

We also went as a family to an afternoon showing during one of the sea days, as it was grey and gloomy out, and I think the only other activity at that time was bingo or scrapbooking.
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: