Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #31
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

I haven't called them back yet. Going to do it today. What are they offering Alohadan?

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #32
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post

It means a company has bought out the entire ship and anyone who has a current reservation can't go on that cruise.
OMG!!! How is that possible? Gates? Disney family? Rockefeller?
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #33
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

This is really a bummer, but its not just DCL.....other lines do it as well and its seems to happen mostly in the MED. region! I know Costa did one a few years ago and RCL.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #34
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohadan View Post
I saw this thread before checking my email today. I have been booked on the Magic 12/8/13 cruise since September. I jumped on an decently priced airfare to Miami a few months ago. Luckily, it was only one-way. I figured I could worry about getting home later. So today, I called and booked the Dream on the same date. The pricing was about the same, but I lose a day on the cruise, and change to Nassau from Cozumel for a port of call. Oh well. I was able to change the flight to Orlando for a reasonable amount. With the compensation offered (OBC), we should be okay. It looks like the day after our cruise ends, a trip to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom is now going to happen (if there is a party on Friday, 12/13/13....yes, Friday the 13th . A little bit of stress, but it looks like the new plans will work for us.
Since you had already bought your airfare did you ask DCL to pay the costs to change your flight?
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
Alohadan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo
I haven't called them back yet. Going to do it today. What are they offering Alohadan?
DCL provided an OBC and the pricing on the new cruise was based on when I originally booked on board the Wonder in September 2012 (also the 10% discount and original OBC was honored). I am not sure if the new OBC was based on room category booked. Since I was not aware of an email at the time if my original call to DCL, the DCL rep that answered the phone needed to transfer me to a special DCL rep. I would imagine that normal business hours would be the best time to call.
Alohadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #36
Alohadan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill

Since you had already bought your airfare did you ask DCL to pay the costs to change your flight?
The DCL rep that I talked to gave me a email address to send my airline info to after I changed my airline ticketing. I did that last night. I sent my original and updated itinerary (which clearly shows the added fees for the change from the Miami to Orlando airport). Am I 100% sure I will be reimbursed? Not really. But the amount is not worth canceling my entire DCL plans for December. I did not have the $150 change fees many airlines now charge per ticket on the airfare I originally booked.
Alohadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #37
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Wow Not really going overboard to be generous are they. I would have expected an upgrade, a big OBC or something... You didn't even receive assurance they would pay for the airfare change.

Does make one wonder....
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #38
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

That sucks. We just sailed on 2/15 and they changed our itinerary from five ports down to 3 just to include Castaway Cay. It ended up working out for us because we got WDW for a day and don't really get off the ship anyway but it stinks that they can just change things on a whim. I this case it was to entice more people to sail from Galveston but my thought was "what about those of us who already are?" I still love DCL but it opened my eyes about their attitude toward itineraries. :-(

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: