DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
fortheloveofminnie
Earning My Ears

My 64 day DVC Resale Adventure!

Well, it's FINALLY over. Ok, I realize 64 days from a seller accepting my offer until my first reservation is booked is pretty fast these days. But if you include the weeks of repeated rejection (I wanted a good price) and the months of decision making that preceeded the initial offer, the journey has been closer to a year.

I used Fidelity. Customer service was not great, but they had the contract I wanted with a seller that would accept a low offer. I would use them again for the right contract, knowing I would be responsible for staying on top of things (why can't someone pay me $195).

I received my member# in the mail and called the 800#, used the menu options to get to tech support, got my club id and activation code, and made my first reservation today. Got EXACTLY what I wanted. I also was able to link everything to MY Disney Experience, including my 1st DVC reservation, right away.

Did I need patience to handle this resale process? Yes. Would I do it again? Yes. If I was a multimillionaire would I do resale rather than direct? Probably not (OK, probably). But since I still value my rather large savings it was totally worth it in the end. For all those trying to be patient -- hang in there. It's worth it.
fortheloveofminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Disneylvr4
Mouseketeer

Congrats!!
Disneylvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
jstarcze
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home and Congratulations from Mickey, Goofy, and Me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: