Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanay2jdr View Post
I am not sure if the savings is worth more than the magical experience well have at AoA resort. Its our first trip and kids are ages 3, 11, & 13. Read threads that its not ideal for first trips. Which resort be more easier for transporation since our preschooler and my son with Aspergers are not so good with waiting.
I highly recommend you rent a car, if possible. I have a son with High Functioning Autism and the best decision I ever made was to rent the car. It is already difficult for them dealing with sensory overload, heat, crowds, waiting in lines for everything in the parks, and their anxiety. Add to that the waits for disney transportation, or trying to get somewhere on time and having to hurry them, can push them in to melt down territory.

Having a rental meant getting places quicker so not rushing. Going directly to location instead of stopping at other locations on the way to disney, as Disney transportation often can have other stops prior to final destination. Being in air conditioning!!! Not having to deal with crowd of people in close proximity on bus. Not having to sit next to a crying child the whole ride back to hotel. (My son can not handle that sound)

Although driving means not being dropped off at gates, there is a tram running constantly in each parking lot. Just hop on and your there in minutes. We actually have fun riding them.

Have a great time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: