Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1756
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

I forgot about some other souvenirs. We had in the past done the build your own Mr. Potato Head but I think this year we're going to do a Droid Factory R2-D2.

Last trip we started doing the penny machines too. We'll probably continue that on this trip.

We've also gotten custom ear hats on the previous two trips and will likely do that again this time. The first time we were able to really customize them at DTD with patches, different ear combos, etc. Now we can just customize with their names. The DTD folks said that the store got to be very chaotic and messy with all of the patches and add ons getting scattered and tossed everywhere.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #1757
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Do they have Mickey head settings??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I would like to know that, too.

I did find this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/87930591...d-silver-charm

but I I'm not sure if this seller will ship to Canada .

If you click on this link, and scroll quite a way down, there are several pick-a-pearl setting photos with many of the prices:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ngs/#more-8572

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #1758
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

Do they have Mickey head settings??

I don't recall seeing anything that "said Disney" such as Mickey heads. But that may have changed in the past few years. I never really looked at settings except for the one time I did it.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #1759
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

So....for a dreary Friday (at least it is here ) QOTD:

Who has done a preliminary subtotal of your vacation costs? Is it more or less than you thought? Higher or lower than previous trips (if any)?

For us, its not the highest we've had, but its not the most economy vacay either. Here's our numbers so far:

Airfare: for 3 from Syracuse &

Accomodations: 8 nights at Sheraton Vistana Resort (2 bed/2 bath villa) = $2052 (Booked as a package through Jetblue Getaways)

Food: $1245 (from the time we leave the house until the time we walk back in)

Attractions: $550 (3 waterpark APs, Showcase of Citrus, mini golf, Cocoa Beach)

Rental vehicle (midsize SUV): $231

Gas & parking: $175 (includes cost for rental vehicle AND airport parking)

Total: $4253 ($177.21 pp, per day)

All numbers factor in tax and tips (where applicable)

I am sure my food number is high....it always is....but I like to over budget for food costs to be sure we never have to pass up that steak dinner (or dessert, or alcoholic drinks) if we feel like splurging. I also account for all tips in the food budget, snacks, groceries from Walmart or Publix, etc.. We have two character breakfasts in that budget too.

I was almost thinking of adding a day at DC until I totalled it all up, but I dunno now.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #1760
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Oh Gina.. are you going to make me total this?
Ok.. here goes. It's not too bad actually..

Flights with Airtran and Southwest including bags & early bird check in- 1100 (got a credit on my Southwest flights twice!)
Bonnet Creek (2 bdrm, 2bath)for 8 nights -1006
2 Priceline nights at the Airport Marriot- 130
Car rental so far- 261
Tickets.. I think we'll renew our AP's so I'll include half the cost for this trip 825

Groceries, Gas, Meals out, Waterpark tickets and misc.-1400

We are looking forward to doing quite a few meals in the condo, and we have Tables in Wonderland for any meals out.

So $4622 total for this trip for four of us for 10 nights.

I highly doubt we'll go through that entire 1400. The kids have their own money and we are probably only going to have one meal a day out if that, but it's nice to bring more than I think we'll need.

So apprx. 128.38 per person per day for 9 days. Didn't divide it by 10 because even though it's 10 night we leave later in the evening on the Friday.

ETA) No airport parking because we get dropped off.

Gina.. I hear you on the DC thing. We decided there was no way we were adding Unviersal when one night onsite and two day tickets were going to add $1000!

Last edited by pigletto; 04-19-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #1761
miklaur
Earning My Ears

Just catching up on everything. Love, love my LGMH. Thanks so much!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #1762
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

I did the math before we book everything with a bunch of different options/figures. It's not completely confirmed yet depending on potential discounts and if we decide to switch dining plans, but as we have it it's like this:

Airfare: 4 tickets from DFW to MCO on Delta @$267 each - $100 each using Pay with Miles = $668.40

Hotel: 6 nights at AoA - $730

Tickets: 2 adult & 2 child 4 Day MYW + WP = $1304.04

QSDP: $622.80

Vacation insurance: $151.90 (only bought because of hurricane season and we're flying)

Sub-total: $3477.14

In addition we'll book at least one character meal to be paid for OOP unless we switch to the DDP. DDP+tips would put us at around $1000 for meals.

We'll get the PP+ so another $150 will likely be added on to that but it will be paid with Disney reward dollars so I'm not concerned about that.

Other spending money will likely run around $300-500, including meals at the airport on our travel days.

If we add it all up with the DDP I think we're looking around $4600. It's more than some past Disney trips, but we've also had FD in the past and driven on previous trips, which saved some money.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 04-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #1763
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
So....for a dreary Friday (at least it is here ) QOTD:

Who has done a preliminary subtotal of your vacation costs? Is it more or less than you thought? Higher or lower than previous trips (if any)?

:
Oh boy...ok, this is a very high trip. It's not the most expensive trip ever, but for the days and number of people I think it's up there.

9 nights in late August:

2 adults/3 kids (Disney adults)
5 nights, 2 rooms BC SV with 8 day hoppers and bonus (water park pass) - $3602.53
4 nights 2 rooms Poly SV rack rate (still hoping for a discount) $3933
Air (mostly used points) jfk-MCO $564.43
Photo pass+ - $149.00
Food - $2500 (approx)
Massages $300
WAT- $1002
Cabana at the Poly - $200
Souvenirs - $500 (kids have to use their own $ so this is prob high).

Total: $12,750.96

Yikes - I suppose I need to add kennel costs and airport transportation on this end too.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #1764
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

With all the craziness going on here in Boston today, I've needed a little Pixie dust. I've been running errands (I live outside the lockdown areas) and everywhere I've seen reminders of Disney. A cool mickey cake being decorated at the bakery, an antennae topper with ears. It's been a little ray of sunshine in an otherwise crazy unexplainable day!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #1765
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Yikes! Everyone must have some high disposable incomes!

3 Nights All-Star Movies
Free Quick Service Dining
2-day Park Hopper Tickets (Package total: $1277.74)
Gas and Spending Cash ($300)

We are planning on making good use of the free vouchers that come with the MYW package--Disney Quest, mini golf, Planet Hollywood, arcade, etc.

$1577.74

Building memories, one Disney vacation at a time!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW Cabins (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #1766
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnngn2 View Post
With all the craziness going on here in Boston today, I've needed a little Pixie dust. I've been running errands (I live outside the lockdown areas) and everywhere I've seen reminders of Disney. A cool mickey cake being decorated at the bakery, an antennae topper with ears. It's been a little ray of sunshine in an otherwise crazy unexplainable day!
Sending some magic your way!

(Those antennae toppers always get me!)

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #1767
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I've just been doing the math and comparing it to last year so I can convince DH to do a split stay (AKL CL and CR). It's higher this time around, which wasn't the original plan but that was when we were going to stay at a moderate the whole time and Sea World wasn't part of the picture either.

Currently:

Rental car (SUV) $543
Hotel (2 nights - on way down and back) $267 (may use points instead?)
Sea World hotel (2 nights) $223
Sea World tickets (2 adults/1 child - Undercover Tourist) $224 (unless summer discount of some kind at SW)
PhotoPass+ $150? (Need to still order this)
Pirate Adventure Cruise at GF for DS $36
6 nights at CR GW deluxe room with 6 day PH and DxDP $4473
Wishes Dessert Party $65 + tax

Plus gas, food for toddler, souvenir money (don't remember what we normally figure for this)

TOTAL: just under $6000

If we do the split stay (3 nights AKL CL and 3 nights CR GW deluxe room), including PH tickets and some sort of dining plan/OOP combo, we're looking at approximately the same price.

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #1768
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Oh boy...ok, this is a very high trip. It's not the most expensive trip ever, but for the days and number of people I think it's up there.

9 nights in late August:

Massages $300

Yikes - I suppose I need to add kennel costs and airport transportation on this end too.
Soooooooooo jealous that your vacation budget includes massages!! Why didn't I think of that?!?!

I should have mentioned in our budget that trip cancellation and interruption insurance are at no cost to us this vacation (we just upgraded our Visa to a card that provides full protection as one of the included perks, so we don't have to buy a stand alone policy....the Royal Bank even waived the $140 card fee for the first year ). We also don't have to budget for cat care, as we have enough points on our credit card to redeem for a $100 gift card to a local restaurant for the wonderful next door neighbours who come to visit her a couple of times a day, and give her a little lovin' (and some fresh food, water and clean litter).

Old 04-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #1769
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
Yikes! Everyone must have some high disposable incomes!
It definitely adds to the cost when we have to fly vs. drive (gosh, how I wish we lived closer!!!). It makes it so its just not cost effective to go for less than a week.

It also adds to the cost significantly when the kiddo is not considered a "child" for anything at all. No kids meals, no cheaper tickets.....everything full price. Dang it all, we should have gone to Disney when the boy was under 10!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #1770
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Oh Gina.. are you going to make me total this?
Ok.. here goes. It's not too bad actually..

So $4622 total for this trip for four of us for 10 nights.

Gina.. I hear you on the DC thing. We decided there was no way we were adding Unviersal when one night onsite and two day tickets were going to add $1000!
Hey, you have done VERY well .

Ouch, $1000 for a couple days at Universal is definitely hard to swallow . Sigh......sometimes I wish I was frivolous and lived in the moment (the whole YOLO philosophy), but alas, I can't help but try and at least be sensible when it comes to the add-ons.

I am on the fence about Photopass......I would love to get it if I thought we'd get at least 8 really good pics between our visits to TL and BB (8 is the "break even" point between buying the Photopass and buying the digital downloads a la carte). Ugh, decisions, decisions!

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: