Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #991
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Slowly catching up on everyone's TR's.

I love your recap of your first week at Disney--the pictures show all the fun you were having.

Sounds like a great day at the Water Park. I had to laugh as I watched Noelle in her high chair falling asleep. It amazes me where little ones can just fall alseep.

We are FINALLY, for the first time, trying Ohana in August. I've heard mixed reviews on it and was always hesitant to try it but figured we would decide for ourselves. Those potstickers look really yummy.

Love the family picture at the Poly.
thanks kathy, welcome home

it also amazes me where grandparents can fall asleep, i think my grandma thinks church is a great place for nap, never fails falls asleep each week.

glad you are trying it and can make your own judgment on the meal...but i really think you are going to enjoy it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #992
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK I'm about a week late for your update, but I finally tracked you down.

Fantastic family picture. Love the outfits. Candi's dress is so pretty!

Love your view. I can honestly say I have never had a decent view at Ohana's. Looks lovely.

Yummy good. I could go for those chicken wings and noodles right now.

The kids look like they are having a blast!

Loved your update.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #993
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK I'm about a week late for your update, but I finally tracked you down.

Fantastic family picture. Love the outfits. Candi's dress is so pretty!

Love your view. I can honestly say I have never had a decent view at Ohana's. Looks lovely.

Yummy good. I could go for those chicken wings and noodles right now.

The kids look like they are having a blast!

Loved your update.
no worries, we were out of town most of the week anyway so you didnt miss any new upates.

thanks she got it from her sister from hawaii a few years ago.

ask for a seat around the main pathway that might help your chances...

i am good for a little bit i just had some pot stickers 2 nights ago, not ohana quality but still okay. but i would not turn down the meal right now either.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #994
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 47. Live Life Update Part 1

Chapter 47. Live Life Update Part 1

Another break in the action, but will still have a few disney references in this break.

Parkers birthday was tuesday, we had his party scheduled outdoors at a park on saturday well the weather was not being very nice, so last minute thursday night i had to find an indoor locations.

I became very well acquainted with the local eating establishments and there menus and such in a short time.

So the party was moved to a pizza joint that we had not been to in a while but had a nice size party room for us.

It was a monster truck theme

The kids loved there coloring table of monster truck pictures.

when i ordered the pizza the lady said i would not need that much, but then i told her i would have more leftovers for me.

one of parkers cakes, we put some of his monster truck toys on the "dirt" track he loved it.

another great thing about the party somewhere else was they cook, cleanup, and nothing for us to do but leave when it is over and relax at home and play with the new toys.

also gave us some down time before we left the next morning to head to Wisconsin Dells for part of his gift from candi and I.

it was a nice 4 hour trip and we made it plenty early to enjoy the day at the resort.

:note: some of the pictures may be out of order i used 3 different cameras but i did my best to put them back in order.

our bedroom for the next few nights.

when you checkout they let you use the indoor water park and amusment park the rest of the day, so this parking lot ended up being a ghost town that night and the next two days. the one desk guy told candi that there was only 25 of 700 rooms booked the next few nights so we would have the place to ourselves basicaly.

part of the indoor waterpark.

there was tower with two tube slides on it, another tower with 2 body slides, and a huge pirate boat play area for the little ones, a lazy river 2 hot tubes, and a big pool just to swim around and jump in.

not huge, but plenty of things for a little kid to be entertained and a kid at heart to be entertained.

when we first got there we went over to the indoor amusment park and played around some before dinner.
noelle liked the train/trolly going around

the coaster was fun but just a little too big for parkers height.

sort of like prime evil whirl at AK park but not as spinny.

later that night after dinner we went to the water park since it was open later.

and im sure pat will be upset with me for not holding on but i wanted to get a picture of the ride down.

and why stop at a picture when you can video the whole thing

gives you a real sense of the ride.

it was a blast parker and i went on it for about an hour straight with no breaks, i surely got my leg workout in that night climbing the stairs.

parker and candi had a more relaxing water park time, noelle just was content playing in the water with the bubbles and shooting water...which was fine with candi she just sat with her and let her have fun.

we did however enjoy the lazy river for a few laps.

we let parker open a present early so he could sleep with it...he made sure he kept the tic toc crock on one side of the bed and hook on the other he said he didnt want tic toc to eat him during the night.

after the travel and playing all day the kids were pooped and just cuddled up with me on the bed and had some popcorn while we watched toy story 3 on the disney channel.

on monday since the water park didnt open till 10:30 we had some time to kill so we went downtown and explored the few shops that were open and i was glad i went in this one and found this little gem.

in case you can not read it, it says not tested on animals, its made with animals...if it wasnt 7 bucks i would have bought it.

a few more interesting places along the way...i forgot the name of this one but it had an upside down white house.

this was part of the outdoor section of our hotels amusment and water park, but was not open yet...

our room was inside that little rome wall

we went to the water park for a while then back for lunch.

after lunch noelle laid down for her nap and parker and i went out for a little go kart time and rides.

the place was a ghost town and we went on the go karts as many times as we wanted it was great.
on the way back to the room

parker and i stopped for a little ice cream.

nice thing about the resort is the wrist bands that you wear to get into the the parks has a bar code on it, so if you want to buy anything you just have to scan it and then they charge you when you check out, nice to not have to carry money while in the parks.

on the way back up to the room to get candi and noelle from her nap we stopped in the gift shop for some pictures im sure ms kathy will enjoy.

Continued in part two below

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #995
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 47. Live Life Update Part 2

continued from previous update

my eyes were closed on purpose in this one.

when we picked up the others we went to the amusment side again and let the kids play some bowling they had a blast cause the balls were just there size.

candi and parker enjoyed a spin on the go karts.

some kids in the arcade had one 3 of these balls and there parents said they didnt have room to take them all home so they gave one to our kids.

on the way to dinner that night noelle insisted on wearing her diaper bag

dinner was at Moosejaw brewery

we liked there delivery cars.

and in true parker fashion he loved the back of the car and asked for a picture back there...

i dont think i need to explain what he thought was so funny.

with our dinner we opted for the 10 pointer beer sampler...we had to try all there brews they make right?

and a few silly hat pics at the table.

we claimed there beer cheddar soup (had potato hunks and brats in it,) as the best soup we have ever had in our life it was that good.

candi said the ribs she had were the best she has had that she can remember they were very good i had a few bites.

in the gift shop the kids wanted to try on more hats.

even though we were stuffed we still went to the water park that night to have some more fun and another hour of going on tube slides with parker which we both had a blast doing.

the next day was parkers birthday

he woke up to his presents well most of them here with us.

his favorite that morning his captain hook pirate ship

then at the water park that morning we had the water camera and i decided to take some pictures as my point of view when he was jumping in to me.

an underwater jump in shot

then he started making faces as he jumped in for the camera.

after we checked out we stopped in town at buffalo phils for parkers birthday lunch it is train themed.

he loved that the train brought the food to the table

with out check they gave us a coupon for free rides at the play area, so we enjoyed some train coaster sort of like goofys ride in the MK but packed in much tighter.

and of course a hat pic on the way out.

the two places we ate at were owned by the same company sense a theme in this ones vehicle as well for deliveries?

when we got home that night he had another gift waiting.

it was the second large item we brought home from disney last fall, it was the contemporary to go with his monorail track

he loved it and i had to set it up for him that night.

you can see how big it is based on him sitting next to it.

so it was a good birthday for parker, you know he had a good time when he has played hotel since we have gotten home, included using the room key card to enter his room everytime he needs to go in.

asking for menus from the restaurants we ate at when we sit down for a meal, and when we go into the car to go somewhere we are taking the hotel bus to our location.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #996
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Looks like a fantastic time! Can't believe how big Noelle is getting compared to your time in Disney. Parker is quite the handsome young man.

Jill in CO
Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #997
kde175
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for posting your update this morning. I really needed some smiles today and you definitely delivered.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #998
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pics!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #999
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Oh my that soup looks delicious!

Look how big Noelle is compared to your WDW pictures! Wow.

Happy belated birthday to Parker! Looks like everyone had a blast.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #1000
cherbear
DIS Veteran

the kids are getting so big! What a great birthday for Parker. I LOVE that monorail set and I want one for myself...

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 04-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #1001
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Glad to see you enjoyed Mt. Olympus & the Dells. Happy Belated birthday to Parker as well.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #1002
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

WOW, what a fun birthday

I loved your rooms. Wall was so cool and bunk beds looked awesome

Water park looked like perfect size and both restaurants look so cool

Happy Belated Bday to parker
Old 04-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #1003
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Looks like a fantastic time! Can't believe how big Noelle is getting compared to your time in Disney. Parker is quite the handsome young man.

Jill in CO
thanks, she still seems so small to me, but i guess i see her every day. but she is growing up fast, her personality especially.

he is a pretty cute kid isnt he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde175 View Post
Thanks so much for posting your update this morning. I really needed some smiles today and you definitely delivered.
your welcome, im glad with all the bad news out there the last week, it helped you smile...hopefully they catch the other parties soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Wonderful pics!
thanks, glad you enjoyed them.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1004
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Oh my that soup looks delicious!

Look how big Noelle is compared to your WDW pictures! Wow.

Happy belated birthday to Parker! Looks like everyone had a blast.
it was really awesome, candi found the recipe online and we are going to try making it soon.

she has grown up, but still seems very little to me, i dont want her to grow up to fast.

thanks, we had a really good time on the trip, even though i got a few weird looks because i was wearing my bears sweatshirt in packer country but i didnt mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
the kids are getting so big! What a great birthday for Parker. I LOVE that monorail set and I want one for myself...
he had a really good time on the trip.

it is a cool set, he got the monorail for Christmas and we saved the contemporary for his birthday to spread it out some.

you should get a set they are fun to play with

they just came out with a Polynesian set as well might have to get that on the next trip.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #1005
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracepr989 View Post
Glad to see you enjoyed Mt. Olympus & the Dells. Happy Belated birthday to Parker as well.
i think this is your first post

we had a really good time, how close are you to the dells? parker really wants to go back some summer when things are open outside to play there.

also i was trying to find a good cheese place to get some wisconsin cheese.

the one place i found was about 15 bucks a pound and i didnt really feel that much in need of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
WOW, what a fun birthday

I loved your rooms. Wall was so cool and bunk beds looked awesome

Water park looked like perfect size and both restaurants look so cool

Happy Belated Bday to parker
thanks, it was a really neat themeing that had going on, the rooms were all very nice and a great price for what you got.

paid for the room the whole family could get in free to the water and amusement park rides.

and was the perfect size for the kids...just enough to keep them entertained the whole time.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: