Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
seven2go
Are we there YET?

I love dcl!

On our recent cruise we had a lot of trouble getting my son, who is a Cadet at the US Air Force Academy, to the ship on time, due to a blizzard in Denver!
He was indeed THE LAST one on the ship! And I am so THANKFUL to the Captain for waiting and allowing our son to join our family on another amazing Disney Cruise!
Long story short the customer service is over the top!! Disney took care of this worried for hours mom for hours and we all had another magical cruise..and we will be back again soon!!!
This is why I will choose Disney Cruise LIne again and again! Yay!!
😍
seven2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

This is great to hear! I think DCL generally does a good job with customer service. We've been happy with DCL - they make us want to keep coming back!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
barbarasc
CruiseCrazy

Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
seven2go
Are we there YET?

I used to think that in general they do well... DCL like everything else out there can have moments. But I can truly say that this event confirmed my great feelings about DCL overall!
I notified DCL first thing when I awoke about our situation, beginning with the rep in the lobby! She went out of her way to start notifying who she could of his flight delay. (Being a Cadet he could not possibly fly in the night before with us). Next I notified the gentleman at check in at the port, then guest services once onboard.... Everyone along the way was doing what they could and I will forever be thankful!!
Get this... When his plane finally landed (and everyone at the DCL transport knew his name by now), LOL, then the bus coming from Houston got a flat tire!!!!!
Talk about me being nervous. LOL!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

That's so wonderful!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven2go View Post
On our recent cruise we had a lot of trouble getting my son, who is a Cadet at the US Air Force Academy, to the ship on time, due to a blizzard in Denver!
He was indeed THE LAST one on the ship! And I am so THANKFUL to the Captain for waiting and allowing our son to join our family on another amazing Disney Cruise!
Long story short the customer service is over the top!! Disney took care of this worried for hours mom for hours and we all had another magical cruise..and we will be back again soon!!!
😍
Was this possibly the Galveston cruise that left on the 12th?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
seven2go
Are we there YET?

It was a cruise out of Galveston ...
March 23rd.
The Captain on the Magic made our cruise magical !!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624

Quote:
😍
I'm so glad that he got there! How long did the shop wait? I can imagine how nervous you were!

I love stories like this!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
seven2go
Are we there YET?

The wait wasn't too bad overall.... Seemed like forever since I had been nervous since 8am when his flight was not leaving Denver!! LOL But when we were done with the sail away party and I still hadn t seen the bus pull up I started getting really nervous for sure!! Was not my favorite sail away party ever, due to nervousness!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Quote:
The wait wasn't too bad overall.... Seemed like forever since I had been nervous since 8am when his flight was not leaving Denver!! LOL But when we were done with the sail away party and I still hadn t seen the bus pull up I started getting really nervous for sure!! Was not my favorite sail away party ever, due to nervousness!!!
We just moved to Colorado from Virginia (although my husband is from Colorado Springs) and this just makes me feel better about going to Disney for a few days before our cruise in October of 2014. Then we will already be there (and hopefully adjusted to the time!).

Of course, I understand that your son didn't have that luxury! Glad he made it! My FIL was in the Air Force, and my 10 year old daughter swears she wants to go to the Academy. We'll see how she feels in eight more years.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
��
A happy ending...loved reading a good happy ending thread
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
seven2go
Are we there YET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoogrrrl View Post

We just moved to Colorado from Virginia (although my husband is from Colorado Springs) and this just makes me feel better about going to Disney for a few days before our cruise in October of 2014. Then we will already be there (and hopefully adjusted to the time!).

Of course, I understand that your son didn't have that luxury! Glad he made it! My FIL was in the Air Force, and my 10 year old daughter swears she wants to go to the Academy. We'll see how she feels in eight more years.
Yes! I would definitely get to port area at least the day before you sail! It makes for a more relaxing trip anyhow!! And you never know about the freak October storms in Colorado as well, which could cause a flight delay!
And BTW schmoogrrrl, I also have a 10 year old that would love to follow his older sis (who is in pilot training) and bro who both attend(ed) AFA!! Maybe we ll see u there one day!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has a fondness for 7624

Quote:
Yes! I would definitely get to port area at least the day before you sail! It makes for a more relaxing trip anyhow!! And you never know about the freak October storms in Colorado as well, which could cause a flight delay!
And BTW schmoogrrrl, I also have a 10 year old that would love to follow his older sis (who is in pilot training) and bro who both attend(ed) AFA!! Maybe we ll see u there one day!
Maybe! When I roll my eyes at my daughter saying she wants to go there, my Father likes to remind me that I was 10 years old when my parents took me to the Knoxville World's Fair, and after driving through the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, I declared that I was going to college there, and I did. Right now, she wants to be a meteorologist.

We will likely go a few days before to the parks. We had to change our cruise from this August because we moved here to Colorado last month, and my daughter's school starts before the cruise was to happen! We changed it to October of 2014 based on the historical "Fall Break" of Douglas County, so I just hope her school doesn't get creative with their schedule next year. My son will be in Kindergarten then, so if he misses a couple of days, it won't be the end of the world.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: