Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
leebee
DIS Veteran

??? about Attractions roles

I know that attractions CMs are the folks who load you onto attractions, check safety bars, collect FPs, etc., but what else do they do? Are Safari drivers in Attractions? What about the folks doing crowd control at shows, fantasmic, parades? Are attractions CMs found in unexpected places?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

My daughter has done Attractions in a variety of areas at Disney for about five years. For the most part in the "headliners" you are at the attraction for the whole time. For CPs it involves doing everything that needs to be done and rotating throughout the positions (greeter, merge, checking heights, loading, unloading, any games that might be associated with the ride) and may or may not include Tower (which is launching the ride). It also includes opening and closing shifts. For the opening shifts in some Attractions that includes going out to rope drop (if that is going on). For some Attractions at the end of the night it includes standing in a position to keep people from moving further back into the park.

For a not so busy Attraction at AK she very rarely helped with afternoon parade control.

She has been at Epcot in the busy busy Attractions for most of her time at Disney so it might vary in other areas and parks.

Safari Drivers are in Attractions - basically everyone who is working the Attraction is in Attractions.

Some positions that are just needed occasionally for special events are advertised on the Hub for them and those with an Attraction background can take the shifts. I know at one time that included Parade Control at MK (not sure about now). I know that the people that are hosts at the concerts at Epcot are typically in Attractions and have picked up those shifts.

When my daughter first started parking was a part of Attractions and we were afraid she would get that (nothing wrong with it but that isn't what she wanted) but shortly after it was moved into a different area.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
I know that attractions CMs are the folks who load you onto attractions, check safety bars, collect FPs, etc., but what else do they do? Are Safari drivers in Attractions? What about the folks doing crowd control at shows, fantasmic, parades? Are attractions CMs found in unexpected places?
Hi!!! I did attractions in Fall 2011, seasonal attractions from January 2012 to January 2013, and returning for a 2nd CP in attractions this fall so I hope I can help!

Attractions could be loading, unloading, spieling, greeting at the lines, checking heights, monitoring cameras for safety, monitoring audiences during shows, etc.

Safari drivers are attractions CMs.

Those doing crowd control, Fantasmic, etc. are typically attractions, but anyone can pick up those shifts. When I was there it seemed like they usually had a high amount of attractions CMs that worked them though.

Attractions are also the shows (Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones, etc.) and they can be the guides on the trails at DAK. They can also be the ones working at DisneyQuest.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

I worked in Fantasyland attractions. I worked at:

Pooh
Ariel's grotto
Tea Cups
Snow whites scary adv
Dumbo

I would sometimes work at toon town tent for character greeter & I worked parade audience control a few times as well. I loved my job. When I worked there we had a rotation. When we would check in sometimes the computer would tell you to create a magical moment. I loved doing those I loved working in Fantasyland. I did not like rearranging strollers but it was part of my job & you'll get used to it. In my time there I only had 1 lost child experience & was able to reunite her to her mother. It will be a great experience for you!

I have a blog on my cast member/CP experiences if you are interested:

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com/

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
When we would check in sometimes the computer would tell you to create a magical moment.[/url]
Magical moments are scheduled?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
Sort of. Not all of them are. For example at Mouse Gear we had a Princess Matching game that sometimes would get assigned to someone to bring out. Then they would pick a child to play and they would get a special prize (I can't remember what it was) Lots of areas have some sort of thing they do once a day randomly.

Other "Magical Moments" are at the discretion of the CM, for example when I worked front desk we could give out balloons for special occasions, but it took a while to blow them up and you couldn't really leave the desk, so when there was down time I would blow some up backstage and leave them until I was checking in a guest later with a Birthday. Then I would say "Oh there is something in the back for you, let me go get it" and then bring out the balloons. I didn't do this for every guest but waited until I found just the right one I wanted to do something special for!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sometimes yes. Sometimes when given a task the CM is to go out and make some magic happen. Other times just due to the circumstances of what is going on a magical moment happens.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
some are & some just happen on their own It just depends on the situation I guess. I used to take people through the exits & to get right on a ride like Pooh or Dumbo with long waits

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

I did attractions on 2 CPs- one at Toy Story Mania, and one at Great Movie Ride. TSM was very hectic. But I loved working at GMR (because I loved performing). Also, it was fun getting scheduled to do PAC at GMR (TSM was not involved with the parade). Also, it's fun getting to pick up PAC shifts through EHH (especially for Halloween or Christmas parties)
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: