Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I don't know how you expected 30 rooms to be available on arrival (when arriving 4 hours prior to the official check-in time) when it's not very often that WDW resort guests even get one room available on arrival. You're not guaranteed anything different because you have 30 rooms.

Sorry, but this one isn't on CSR.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #17
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Poor planning on your part (getting there 4 hours before check in with a large group) does not constitute a problem on CSR's part.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

once did check in at 7am - when did I get a room that night at 6pm....

and did not even get an apologize from anyone for my waiting that long.

hope your group gets there rooms at or before 3:00pm - but don't count on it. You are guaranteed a room - Disney tries for 3pm - but it is NOT guaranteed to be ready at that time.

if your rooms are together - chances are only one or two (if you are lucky) CM are cleaning them. if the rooms were left in pretty good order 30 minutes or less per room - if not then it takes longer. if anything was split and they have to clean the carpet - then since they will not let you in until the thing dries - it can take hours.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
Poor planning on your part (getting there 4 hours before check in with a large group) does not constitute a problem on CSR's part.
Agreed.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #20
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Was Disney supposed to kick people out of their rooms in order to accommodate your group? Some may have requested late check out. Or would your group have appreciated sleeping on someone else's sheets and using their dirty towels? The rooms have to be serviced. If you had booked anywhere on property in a full resort, your rooms would not have been ready.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #21
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

I have to side with CSR on this one. They say check in as at 3pm. What makes you think they'd have 30 rooms ready at 11am?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #22
saskdw
DIS Veteran

This thread made me laugh! Thanks!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #23
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Only flight out from our area was at 6 AM - makes an early arrival at MCO.

With that said - the tired zombies ate at Cafe Rix and the Pepper Market (spread the wealth) and are now patiently taking up the chairs around the pool.

Again - sorry for any issues our group has caused to CSR guests

Once the tired zombies get to their rooms - all will be better.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #24
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

CRS is a convention resort. They have groups bigger than 30 rooms on a regular basis. That isn't a reason for them to have a block of rooms ready hours early. The resort can't have all the rooms ready that early in the morning as people are still using them.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #25
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I wonder how the OP would react if she was a guest in a room and guest services knocked on her door at 7 am and told her she had to check out then because they had to get the room ready for a group of 30 rooms that wanted to check in early?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #26
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

CSR knew the group was coming back in August 2012

Again, my apologies for the large group wondering around CSR.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #27
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

Don't feel bad, just a missed detail. In the future you can request an early check in but that doesn't mean you will get it. On our last visit I booked 3 studio villas at AKV and requested early check in. When we arrived around noon they had two rooms ready and the third about half hour later.
I always plan on the room being ready by 3pm, if it comes up sooner, great, if not, oh well. Just have a plan A and plan B, like go to the pool while you wait for your room and pack your swimming things in a small bag and let bell hops take the rest.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #28
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
That didn't clear it up, I'm sorry about that. The expectation still doesn't appear reasonable. Were they alerted last August that you needed 30 rooms available at 11 AM today? It sounds like you are a regular customer with the group and anticipated special treatment, did they give you any reason to expect that the rooms would all be ready at 11 although the check-in time is 3? I get that everyone is probably tired, but 11 is not check-in time, and you're talking about 30 rooms.

Are you getting complaints about your large group wandering around CSR?

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-19-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #29
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post

Again, my apologies for the large group wondering around CSR.
They may have known the group was coming back but the rest of the guests who didn't vacate their rooms until the last minute know?
I mean you showed up before checkout time how were they supposed to clean thirty rooms in 0 minutes. Sorry like everyone else your not going to win this tantrum because of unreasonable expectations.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #30
pumpkinmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
Only flight out from our area was at 6 AM - makes an early arrival at MCO.

With that said - the tired zombies ate at Cafe Rix and the Pepper Market (spread the wealth) and are now patiently taking up the chairs around the pool.

Again - sorry for any issues our group has caused to CSR guests

Once the tired zombies get to their rooms - all will be better.
Why would you need to apologize for the group unless your group isn't behaving themselves?

I fail to see how CSR is at fault here. Published check-in is 3 pm, they are under no obligation to get your rooms ready earlier, regardless of when you booked or how large your group is.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: