Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #1456
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Just stopping by to give everyone a big I have been watching the news all day and am praying for everyone in the Boston area. So, so scary! Times like this make me glad I have all of my DIS friends like you all for a bit of a diversion. and for all of my RC'ers.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #1457
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Jeanette - My heart goes out to HRH These poor kids go through so much and it seems that there are educators that just don't get it. I hope the neurologist can help some how. I feel like I am constantly updating Steven's IEP, but that is what we have to do as parents. Remember you are her biggest champion and she will get through this with you by her side

Koh - my friend just posted a picture of SWAT with guns drawn right outside her window

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #1458
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Just stopping by to give everyone a big I have been watching the news all day and am praying for everyone in the Boston area. So, so scary! Times like this make me glad I have all of my DIS friends like you all for a bit of a diversion. and for all of my RC'ers.
right back at you!!! I am sick watching the tv!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #1459
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I honestly cannot believe what I' m watching on the news. How scary and nerve wracking for the people of Boston. The whole city on lockdown....wow. I know this sort of thing happens overseas everyday but this is just too much. Really hoping they get this guy before he hurts more people. Hugs to all my RC friends.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #1460
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

RCers, I try to keep to WDW topics on here if at all possible. I want to thank you all for entertaining my off-topic meltdown about mom's trip. It did, in fact, help to "write it down" and your words of support were more appreciated than you could imagine. Thanks again.

_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Anyway, upon arrival we found out that both us and our friends had been chosen as the YC families of the day! . We got a nice little certificate, and a boatload of balloons. When we got to our room, we saw that there were chocolate covered strawberries and a white chocolate Minnie Mouse waiting for us!!! As you know, we booked a SV CL room, but we can totally see the pool?!?!?! So, I'm not sure if we were upgraded, but if this is standard view, I'll take it!!!! Plus our balcony is huge!
Mousemommy, I am SUPER excited for you!!!!! What wonderful pixie dust for a wonderful family... and congrats on being family of the day!!! Have a awesome time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Magic I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You are a great daughter. ... I made a change myself! We are no longer doing the cruise. It's a long story, but instead we will be booking a bounceback in June for October since the dates coincide perfectly with my vacation time at work. It seems like it is just meant to be.
Thanks Dani. And WOW for a perfectly timed new vacation. Sounds like it was meant to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ok, so...I did some Disney math... :-) For about $200 more we could do 3 nights AKL CL then 3 nights CR (in the deluxe room). Pay OOP for dining the first 3 days and get tickets from Undercover Tourist. 2nd half would be deluxe dining and 1 day ticket (to get the dining). That's the half when we'd do the signature dining, etc. Tell me I'm completely crazy to even consider it!
lol lol Koh1977... this is the change I was referring. And I know exactly what you mean... sometimes I have absolutely NO idea where and when and how I am staying at WDW due to one-too-many "great ideas".

Quote:
Couldn't have said it better, Piglets Mommy. You all are the best.

Be well everyone. Hug your loved ones reeeeeal close.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #1461
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers: No happy weekend to report here. We didn't go to WDW. It was a terrible weekend. Long story short I should have know better than to plan mom's birthday trip so close to when DH & I were out of town last week. My mom has severe depression and severe anxiety. She has been doing very well the past few months (all things relative), and I got complacent and just didn't think it through. Well, she crashed big-time while we were away. Getting her to do anything is always very difficult, but she always rebounds and enjoys herself once she gets to where she is going. We got her all packed Friday to avoid additional stress. And then Saturday morning, before we arrived at her house to pick her up, she whipped herself into such a frenzy that she landed herself in the hospital. Since it was a weekend, she wasn't really looked at by the docs til Monday. They did all the routine tests and she was released Wednesday and is fine.

This trip was a big deal for mom and she was so excited to go: Lagoon View CL ADA room so she could enjoy Wishes from the lounge or from the room, her choice. She couldn't wait to see the progress of the new Fantasyland since her last visit. And she wanted to try a Holiday Sandwich from Earl of Sandwich that she's heard so much about.

So as for the ressie, I was in a haze Sat a.m. and rebooked just so as to not lose our money. The CM said, "I have that room open July 20." So I just took it. I wasn't thinking. I am going to need to re-visit that ressie as I don't know if it is the best time to go... duh, we are going to OKW just a few days later. And it is definitely too hot for Mom then. In hindsight, DH and I just should have changed to a non-ADA CL room and gone ourselves, as my cousin was there at the same time for F&G. But I was just too upset.

Sorry for the long spiel. I don't even know why I am putting it out here. I guess I am desperately afraid that this was her last "trip" EVER to WDW (and all of the unsaid that goes along with it) and I am just a mess.

__________________________________________________ __________
I'll take stupendous any day. Thanks Miss, I really needed that.

__________________________________________________ __________

Mousemommy & i_heart_the_mouse: WISHES for you both for FANTABULOUS TRIP!!!! Hug your peeps a lot, and take lots of pics!

pas130: Sounds like a great NEW plan for you!!!!! Glad you got your WDW mojo back!!! I was getting frightened... And congrats on double-digit dancing, too!

babyberger: No worries, the Great and Powerful Earl is not far away in my future. Thanks again!

JanetB: Glad you had a fun-filled family weekend of tour-guiding and shopping and grubbing (any BBQ find it's way into the mix?).

disneydreamin'247: Yahoo for you and that AWESOME paid in full feeling.

koh1977: Just sayin', I kind of liked your newest foody plan. So channel me if you need help making the change.

peteykirch: Excited for your ADR day. Keep us posted on your final list!!!

sjs314: Hi Thinking of you and your Poly trip.

I know I've missed a lot of you, but I am keeping my eyes peeled on your goings-on.
MAGIC Not sure how I missed your post yesterday but I did

So sorry you had to cancel your Mom's trip and that she ended up it the hospital. Praying all is well now. (((Hug)))

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #1462
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Good Morning!!!

We had a super long day of travel yesterday...and didn't end up getting to YC until about 11 pm!!! We were supposed to be here for 8:30.....

Anyway, upon arrival we found out that both us and our friends had been chosen as the YC families of the day! . We got a nice little certificate, and a boatload of balloons.

When we got to our room, we saw that there were chocolate covered strawberries and a white chocolate Minnie Mouse waiting for us!!!

As you know, we booked a SV CL room, but we can totally see the pool?!?!?! So, I'm not sure if we were upgraded, but if this is standard view, I'll take it!!!! Plus our balcony is huge!

I can't believe I am up right now, but I didn't really sleep well because I was waiting for that knock on the door with our luggage, but that never came.....I thought, uh oh.....but, our luggage is at the front desk, we got a voicemail and I just have to call for it.

Our room is beautiful! We have a daybed. My only complaint is that there is periodically a loud clanking noise every so often.....I don't know what it is but it sounds like a fire extinguisher being slammed onto pavement or something....

I'll have to investigate that....but I seem to be the only one bothered by it.

Well, everyone else is still sleeping and my friend just texted me asking what time we were heading to MK....so, I'm logging off for now! Gotta call for our luggage...
MM Have a wonderful Day!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #1463
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Ok, so...I did all of the math, with all of the options (I think)...for approximately the same price as we're paying right now, maybe $100+ (I forgot to factor in tax when I was pricing out meals) we could do the split stay...it's looking better and better to me...but not sure DH will go for it, nor how the kids will do with moving so much since we'll be at a SW hotel the first 2 nights...but, I've always wanted to try AKL (savannah view of course!) and we're likely not doing Disney for at least a year or two after this trip...my kids LOVE animals...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #1464
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Candace say "hi" to Mickey for me!!! Have fun!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #1465
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!

Jen a belated Happy Birthday to DD7!

Magic: You rock as a daughter!!

Iheart: Enjoy the class trip!! I loved going on them when the kids were in elementary school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
The thing is, many of them have NEVER been in your shoes, so take their comments with a grain of salt. It seems that a lack of response to the mean people irritates them more. They are the ones who sound wacky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Yep. Very wise words. I was glad you both posted over there, but sorry about the bizarre, negative posts. I guess some people just don't think. Maybe hearing your points of view might encourage a bit of kind, more patient tolerance. The world can always use more of that.
Jen, Ginny, Melissa,You all said it well. (Melissa, somehow lost your post ...sorry.) Melissa I admire how you juggle all the family dynamics... with Steven, Sarah, taking on the GF cooking with gusto and your unnerving commitment to ensure the kids have the best possible resources at their disposal.

My DS always struggled with anxiety, especially when he was younger, and social situations could sometimes be very difficult. And he was quiet so people didn't perceive his issues right off. There should be less judgment and more compassion in this world. And maybe, lend a helping hand sometimes. 'nuff said.

Quote:
Just checking in....flight a little delayed but....our friends have arrived at YC and were in fact, UPGRADED to club level!!!
Yay!! Congrats on the balloons and goodies for being YC family of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
yikes! Always a risk posting on Dis sadly. I was flamed on a thread a week ago, the thread about would you use a TA or DIY!! I was flamed, for something I didn't even say! someone else said it but somehow this person attributed it to me . I sent person a PM and nicely explained that I wasn't the person who said that, but person didn't have the class to apologize.
Sue, too many people hide behind the screens and post info they might never say to your face. It sounds like you let it roll off your back - good for you!! Never let those types of people get you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I made a change myself! We are no longer doing the cruise. It's a long story, but instead we will be booking a bounceback in June for October since the dates coincide perfectly with my vacation time at work. It seems like it is just meant to be.
Dani!! Sounds like it is meant to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
HRH is having quite the time. She's not testing well because of her anxiety...and I am struggling with special services trying to revise her IEP since she's doing fine...fine really??? she came off the bus and had a meltdown from getting a F. She tries so hard and she said the test get her mixed up.... so we took a bath and cuddled, and I wrote a lovely email to the child study team and her teacher who says she fine She's excited for the neurologist since she gets to eat out for lunch
Pas, so sorry for HRH Please give her this sticker from me: My friend, you are a great mom and advocate for your kids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I so want to do RPC BFF....
So..... when will we see an RC??

Quote:
Perfectly stated

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #1466
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I'm calling Happy Hour for 5pm tonight Between the events in Boston/Watertown and the call I just got from the school, drinking needs to start early today

On a happier note, I have Sarah's balloons and cards ready for tomorrow and we are set to pick up her little friend tomorrow morning for her bday spa, lunch, and mall day

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #1467
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I'm calling Happy Hour for 5pm tonight Between the events in Boston/Watertown and the call I just got from the school, drinking needs to start early today

On a happier note, I have Sarah's balloons and cards ready for tomorrow and we are set to pick up her little friend tomorrow morning for her bday spa, lunch, and mall day

Melissa
Uh oh...what happened?

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #1468
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Uh oh...what happened?

Steven had a complete meltdown at school, teacher and asst. principal called together, sigh. I thought after being able to reset yesterday that today would be a good day.....I was wrong

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #1469
sjs314

Quote:
Ok, so...I did all of the math, with all of the options (I think)...for approximately the same price as we're paying right now, maybe $100+ (I forgot to factor in tax when I was pricing out meals) we could do the split stay...it's looking better and better to me...but not sure DH will go for it, nor how the kids will do with moving so much since we'll be at a SW hotel the first 2 nights...but, I've always wanted to try AKL (savannah view of course!) and we're likely not doing Disney for at least a year or two after this trip...my kids LOVE animals...

Krystal You are making me get the AKL "bug" I love that resort from the moment you walk thru the doors and the "WOW" factor hits you, it is just amazing! Go for it!

Dani Sorry to read the cruise is a no go now but an October trip sounds Great!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #1470
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lacey - I have read a few reports of people staying at a hotel by the airport the night they arrive and then taking ME over the next morning to save money. Would that be an option? Or would you rather just get on property?

Melissa
If we go in a day early, I want to go straight to the "property" Otherwise, we can take the 6 AM and still be in the World by 10:30 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers: No happy weekend to report here. We didn't go to WDW. It was a terrible weekend. Long story short I should have know better than to plan mom's birthday trip so close to when DH & I were out of town last week. My mom has severe depression and severe anxiety. She has been doing very well the past few months (all things relative), and I got complacent and just didn't think it through. Well, she crashed big-time while we were away. Getting her to do anything is always very difficult, but she always rebounds and enjoys herself once she gets to where she is going. We got her all packed Friday to avoid additional stress. And then Saturday morning, before we arrived at her house to pick her up, she whipped herself into such a frenzy that she landed herself in the hospital. Since it was a weekend, she wasn't really looked at by the docs til Monday. They did all the routine tests and she was released Wednesday and is fine.

This trip was a big deal for mom and she was so excited to go: Lagoon View CL ADA room so she could enjoy Wishes from the lounge or from the room, her choice. She couldn't wait to see the progress of the new Fantasyland since her last visit. And she wanted to try a Holiday Sandwich from Earl of Sandwich that she's heard so much about.
Big hugs Magic! I am so sorry you missed your trip but what a fantastic daughter you are to be there for your mom!

Quote:
Just checking in....flight a little delayed but....our friends have arrived at YC and were in fact, UPGRADED to club level!!!
OM G- That is amazing!
Quote:
Steven had a complete meltdown at school, teacher and asst. principal called together, sigh. I thought after being able to reset yesterday that today would be a good day.....I was wrong

Oh Melissa! Do you have to go get him?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: