Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #961
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Are you there yet? Are you there yet?

I forgot to suggest hanging your bag on the small towel rack that is underneath each sink.

How do you like the new décor?

Yes we are! Yes we are!!! Arrived around noon, room was not ready 'til around 2 (which is pretty cool since check in isn't until after 3)! Received a text no problem! Woot woot!! Scored the 11th floor (had requested "highest floor possible" when I made the reservation last summer)! Didn't mention it again at check in......figured any TPV room is going to be beautiful! We were very excited when we received the text (and knew to add the first two numbers and it will total what the floor # will be)!!

Decor is nice.....I will try to post pictures when I figure out how lol!! As always dislike the bathroom sinks.....oh well......we can't have everything!!

Ok....gotta go....DH is riding the monorail for the umpteenth time with our son. I need to go give him a break!! The first of many days of riding and riding and riding......

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #962
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Yes we are! Yes we are!!! Arrived around noon, room was not ready 'til around 2 (which is pretty cool since check in isn't until after 3)! Received a text no problem! Woot woot!! Scored the 11th floor (had requested "highest floor possible" when I made the reservation last summer)! Didn't mention it again at check in......figured any TPV room is going to be beautiful! We were very excited when we received the text (and knew to add the first two numbers and it will total what the floor # will be)!!

Decor is nice.....I will try to post pictures when I figure out how lol!! As always dislike the bathroom sinks.....oh well......we can't have everything!!

Ok....gotta go....DH is riding the monorail for the umpteenth time with our son. I need to go give him a break!! The first of many days of riding and riding and riding......
Have a great time

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #963
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Woohoo!!!! Have a fabulous time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #964
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Question: AP rates come out today and we are looking to book the first 2 nights of our trip, Aug 14-15. CR has some great rates but we have only stayed at BLT and we love it! I'm unfamiliar though with the other parts of the resort. Looking at a Garden Wing Deluxe room. Any thoughts on GW vs. Tower and will we be disappointed in GW? Thanks for any help
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #965
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you're enjoying!!! And yeah, hate those sinks, too.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #966
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

You hit 1000 posts while at the CR - neat!

I love that your DH and DS are enjoying 'the little things' at WDW. I know many little kids find it to be like a ride, but I think it's so much fun for adults, too - it's iconic. Now, when it's SRO and packed, I retract my comment about it being fun

Can't wait for more updates from you (hint-hint). I'm glad that you like the new décor in person. Sometimes what looks one way in a photo can seem quite different in person when you take in the big picture.

Did you wake up at night and peek out at the castle? My WDW weather widget shows a high of 91 and partly cloudy - should be a great first full day for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Question: AP rates come out today and we are looking to book the first 2 nights of our trip, Aug 14-15. CR has some great rates but we have only stayed at BLT and we love it! I'm unfamiliar though with the other parts of the resort. Looking at a Garden Wing Deluxe room. Any thoughts on GW vs. Tower and will we be disappointed in GW? Thanks for any help
Welcome and you won't be disappointed with the GW, unless you've already stayed in the Tower, then you might not be used to the GW not having any balconies, being lower to the ground and being further from all the action of the monorail and 4th floor Concourse. But, all those differences can also be seen as positives to some.

In the Tower, you can book an unobstructed view of the MK or Bay Lake, but in the GW, you can't. The laundry is in the GW, which some prefer and you can request a ground floor room and you would have a patio, which you can't have in the Tower.

I know you'll be happy with either since it's only for 2 nights and all the rooms' interiors are identical. Let us know if you need any help later with room requests or have any other questions.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #967
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Can't wait for some more pictures from the recently refurbished rooms. Anyone??
Also...are all rooms completed? Originally I heard March, but just recently said that they were still working on them...
cmppanda reported earlier this month that they had returned home to the UK and before they left CR crews were starting to replace carpeting in the GW and the laundry was closed (this was a few weeks ago). I thought that all the room rehabs were done at the end of March, but perhaps it was only the Tower that was done or perhaps all the rooms are done and they're just finishing the GW's common areas

There is a link in Post 1 to before/after photos of the newly rehabbed CR rooms and a couple of DISers who post here are there now, so we should be getting photos soon
Old 04-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #968
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

More questions!!

All of you CR lovers, what do you consider your perfect night at the resort?

I will be there with my 6 year olds. Last year we stayed at the Poly, and they loved the fire on the beach and the movies. My son's first response when I just asked him "what are your top things to do again if we ever go back to Disney?" were:

EWP and Wishes from the beach
DiVine at AK (we didn't find her, but he wants to)
Flights of Wonder at AK (we missed the show but meant to catch it)
TSMM

So, that got me thinking about CR, and the fires and movies and other cool stuff to do.

So, you're done with parks for the day, layed around the hotel room to recharge, how do YOU spend the evening at CR?

Follow up question: If you had two 6 year olds with you, what would you think would be the funnest CR evening?

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #969
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
More questions!!

All of you CR lovers, what do you consider your perfect night at the resort?

I will be there with my 6 year olds. Last year we stayed at the Poly, and they loved the fire on the beach and the movies. My son's first response when I just asked him "what are your top things to do again if we ever go back to Disney?" were:

EWP and Wishes from the beach
DiVine at AK (we didn't find her, but he wants to)
Flights of Wonder at AK (we missed the show but meant to catch it)
TSMM

So, that got me thinking about CR, and the fires and movies and other cool stuff to do.

So, you're done with parks for the day, layed around the hotel room to recharge, how do YOU spend the evening at CR?

Follow up question: If you had two 6 year olds with you, what would you think would be the funnest CR evening?

We had a great night watching the outdoor movie which is on the lawn between CR and BLT. CM's handed out glow necklaces and we brought some snacks with us. The kids watched the movie and made friends with the other kids and ran around a bit. Then the movie stopped and we all turned around to watch Wishes It was a GREAT night!!!! We also made a late trip one night to Contempo Cafe for some ice cream after watching Wishes from our balcony. My kids wont stay anywhere but CR, it is that magical to them!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #970
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome and you won't be disappointed with the GW, unless you've already stayed in the Tower, then you might not be used to the GW not having any balconies, being lower to the ground and being further from all the action of the monorail and 4th floor Concourse. But, all those differences can also be seen as positives to some.

In the Tower, you can book an unobstructed view of the MK or Bay Lake, but in the GW, you can't. The laundry is in the GW, which some prefer and you can request a ground floor room and you would have a patio, which you can't have in the Tower.

I know you'll be happy with either since it's only for 2 nights and all the rooms' interiors are identical. Let us know if you need any help later with room requests or have any other questions.
Thank you so much!! We have not stayed in the Tower, but we have stayed in BLT TP View so we were a bit spoiled For us though, it's really just the location. Regardless of where the room is situated, the ability to walk to MK is priceless.....thanks again!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #971
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

It's our last day here at the CR. I had to log in to do a little work this morning and had to check the DIS afterwards. Since there seems to be a big demand for some photos of the refurbished rooms, I thought I would post a few. Will post more when I get home.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also, KOOK I asked around about the CG opening dates. At first, I was told it would open in a "couple of months" and also "July." However, the consensus as of this morning is that it will not open until September.

Finally, I'll leave you with one more photo - there are fewer more depressing sights than seeing this hanging from your door. So sad that it's time to leave!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #972
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Wow!! Thanks Georgi!! I came back on here to try to figure out how to post pictures and I had to take a double take! I like your room pictures MUCH better anyway.....I did NOT pick up our things before taking my pictures! Ha!

Had a great morning at MK....low crowds (tho now it's picking up)! We're back in our room.....going to enjoy a pontoon this aftn!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 04-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #973
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi Zhukov View Post
It's our last day here at the CR. I had to log in to do a little work this morning and had to check the DIS afterwards. Since there seems to be a big demand for some photos of the refurbished rooms, I thought I would post a few. Will post more when I get home.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also, KOOK I asked around about the CG opening dates. At first, I was told it would open in a "couple of months" and also "July." However, the consensus as of this morning is that it will not open until September.

Finally, I'll leave you with one more photo - there are fewer more depressing sights than seeing this hanging from your door. So sad that it's time to leave!

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks for the photos!! Love them! Staying garden wing in August. Hope you had a wonderful trip!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #974
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the second post......as mentioned, staying garden wing during the third week in August. DH needs some extra space to stay sane with 3 DDs in a hotel room so we have requested ground floor to have a patio. Can anyone share their success, or lack of, when requesting ground floor? We have standard view if that makes a difference. Thanks!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 04-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #975
princessap
DIS Veteran

maybe someone here will know

I am wanting to clarify about the 180 plus ten dining reservations when a resort guest...does anyone know on here if check in is included in the plus ten or not???
I want to book a dinner for the 25th so trying to figure out timing for our trip! thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: