Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Stayed at All Stars Music a couple of times before marriage/before kids and enjoyed it. Later we were spoiled by honeymoon/anniversary trips at the Grand Floridian, Old Key West and the Beach Club. After that, we typically stayed in an on-site villa through a timeshare exchange or directly with DVC (sister became an owner). Took our boys to AS Movies to walk around and take photos a few years back when they were younger and they wondered why we never stayed there! Now we are a family of 5 so we would have to get 2 regular rooms or a suite at a value resort. My younger two kids have seen photos of AoA and are begging to stay there. I'm considering an early summer trip w/out hubby just so the kids and I can stay in a Little Mermaid room at AoA. The suites or two rooms there would just be too pricey!
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #17
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose129 View Post
Lol it's ok! we are a pretty active family and don't mind the long walks
The easiest "route" from Sports is to walk through Home Run Hotel,then across the parking lot between Sports and Music.

From Music,walk along the walkway that runs along the outside of the main building(where the Food Court is)-you will then cross a road and enter the Mighty Ducks section of Movies.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn
Stayed at All Stars Music a couple of times before marriage/before kids and enjoyed it. Later we were spoiled by honeymoon/anniversary trips at the Grand Floridian, Old Key West and the Beach Club. After that, we typically stayed in an on-site villa through a timeshare exchange or directly with DVC (sister became an owner). Took our boys to AS Movies to walk around and take photos a few years back when they were younger and they wondered why we never stayed there! Now we are a family of 5 so we would have to get 2 regular rooms or a suite at a value resort. My younger two kids have seen photos of AoA and are begging to stay there. I'm considering an early summer trip w/out hubby just so the kids and I can stay in a Little Mermaid room at AoA. The suites or two rooms there would just be too pricey!
We looked into AoA but my boys werent thrilled with little mermaid and the suites just seemed too expensive for our trip and it's only 4 of us so don't need the space
BriarRose129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW

The easiest "route" from Sports is to walk through Home Run Hotel,then across the parking lot between Sports and Music.

From Music,walk along the walkway that runs along the outside of the main building(where the Food Court is)-you will then cross a road and enter the Mighty Ducks section of Movies.
Awesome!!!!! Thanks!! I'm copying this into the notes section on my phone
Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
jlrkronald
Earning My Ears

We stayed at ASM when my son was 3 and he loved the big Buzz and Woody .. Personally we stay at value bc we are only in the room to shower and sleep. We leave early for the parks and get back late, pointless to spend more money just for a bigger room . Enjoy you first trip !!!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrkronald
We stayed at ASM when my son was 3 and he loved the big Buzz and Woody .. Personally we stay at value bc we are only in the room to shower and sleep. We leave early for the parks and get back late, pointless to spend more money just for a bigger room . Enjoy you first trip !!!
My boys are 9 and 6 and they thought the sports theme was "really cool!" Hahaha we talked about the same thing as far as being at the resort. On other vacations we are always on the go. We also were able to go for 9 days with the value resort. And we are ok with hanging out at the all star pool for a day and also another day or 2 not at parks doing other things like mini golf etc
Old 04-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #22
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

We just stayed at All Stars Sports October 2012 for our second visit. There is nothing wrong with the All Star resorts. They (Sports, Music, Movies) are just individually a little smaller with smaller food courts than Pop has for instance. We had a great time! It was clean , had good service on our room, food court & bus service was good. Rooms were same as Pop Century Value resort. Pop just seems a little nicer I think on the whole because its bigger, newer, on the lake. But... also more people to contend with! LOL! My husband loves Sports. The parking was so much better in location to our room, too. Alot of kids play on the football Court with there football & frisbie which gives them more than just a pool.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #23
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell
We just stayed at All Stars Sports October 2012 for our second visit. There is nothing wrong with the All Star resorts. They (Sports, Music, Movies) are just individually a little smaller with smaller food courts than Pop has for instance. We had a great time! It was clean , had good service on our room, food court & bus service was good. Rooms were same as Pop Century Value resort. Pop just seems a little nicer I think on the whole because its bigger, newer, on the lake. But... also more people to contend with! LOL! My husband loves Sports. The parking was so much better in location to our room, too. Alot of kids play on the football Court with there football & frisbie which gives them more than just a pool.
Awesome!!! Thank you!! We looked at Pop. And the theming just wasnt for us
Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #24
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Oh, it's definitely walkable. I think rteetz meant that you can take a bus, or boat/monorail, to ANY resort on WDW property to check it out. You're not stuck with only checking out Music and Movies.
That's exactly what I meant thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

I recommend the homerun hotel section. We really enjoyed our stay there. It was close to the pool and laundry rooms. It was a short walk to the dining hall and main pool. It's our favorite value!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #26
mommy-3
Mouseketeer

Be sure to pack a football for your kids to play with on the football field. My kiddos had lots of fun doing that.

They also have a TV in the dining hall. When my littlest ones were taking a nap with DH, I would take the oldest and hang out at the dining hall. They also have coloring pages for the kids.

The ice cream sundaes are great!!! Big enough to share for sure.

We stayed in the surfs up building and loved it. Our favorite pool was in the baseball section. We were usually the only ones swimming. Also, the laundry in the baseball section was usually empty while there were lines by the main pool. The main pool was always packed!! I went to the dollar tree and got some water balls and cheap toys to play with in the pool. The kids loved it!!
mommy-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #27
shell8558
DIS Veteran

Just stayed at sports in February and we really loved it !! I had my doubts after staying at POR and falling in love with it- but I have to say that i will definately stay at sports again . In fact we liked it so much - we ended up adding another day to our trip! We stayed in the surfs up section . It was wonderful , so was the atmosphere , cm's, food court , pool with movies at night and games during the day ! Thoroughly enjoyed it - not to mention the money we saved !
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #28
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGal24
I recommend the homerun hotel section. We really enjoyed our stay there. It was close to the pool and laundry rooms. It was a short walk to the dining hall and main pool. It's our favorite value!
Thanks! They requested either baseball or basketball
Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #29
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy-3
Be sure to pack a football for your kids to play with on the football field. My kiddos had lots of fun doing that.

They also have a TV in the dining hall. When my littlest ones were taking a nap with DH, I would take the oldest and hang out at the dining hall. They also have coloring pages for the kids.

The ice cream sundaes are great!!! Big enough to share for sure.

We stayed in the surfs up building and loved it. Our favorite pool was in the baseball section. We were usually the only ones swimming. Also, the laundry in the baseball section was usually empty while there were lines by the main pool. The main pool was always packed!! I went to the dollar tree and got some water balls and cheap toys to play with in the pool. The kids loved it!!
Ohhh thanks for the tip!!! Ill add it to the packing list!! I really appreciate all the info you shared!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell8558
Just stayed at sports in February and we really loved it !! I had my doubts after staying at POR and falling in love with it- but I have to say that i will definately stay at sports again . In fact we liked it so much - we ended up adding another day to our trip! We stayed in the surfs up section . It was wonderful , so was the atmosphere , cm's, food court , pool with movies at night and games during the day ! Thoroughly enjoyed it - not to mention the money we saved !
Wonderful!!!! I'm so excited! My husband is happy about the money saved too lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: