Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Walls go up at Epcot's Fountain View Cafe to make way for new Starbucks

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...rgarita-walls/

Quote:
Fountain View Cafe is closed during its transformation into a Starbucks location.

Click link for more details.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
disney-dreams
proudly earning my ears

Awwwww.... makes me kinda sad as we always loved to grab a scoop or a sundae and watch the foutains from the seating area!

Won't seem the same sippin' a Frappuccino
disney-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
deakam
DIS Veteran

I do not understand this move. I have never been here when the place was not packed. Just like the Main Street Bakery. Why fix something that isn't broken?
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Instead of replacing things with Starbucks especially in MK just give Starbucks its own new building so we don't have to take away from other things.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakam View Post
I do not understand this move. I have never been here when the place was not packed. Just like the Main Street Bakery. Why fix something that isn't broken?
because they can outsource the labor and still make money...and starbucks has happier employees...because they are better paid and get an occasional raise.

So there you go - winner, winner, chicken dinner
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
because they can outsource the labor and still make money...and starbucks has happier employees...because they are better paid and get an occasional raise.

So there you go - winner, winner, chicken dinner

Funny....the Starbucks I go to are not happier, have a large turnover in employees, so I don't think things are all the great working there

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

I don't get the whole appeal of Starbucks. They overroast their beans then brew them in water that is too hot. The result is burnt coffee that is worse than most gas stations I've ever been to.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I don't get the whole appeal of Starbucks. They overroast their beans then brew them in water that is too hot. The result is burnt coffee that is worse than most gas stations I've ever been to.
It's more about the specialty drinks than regular coffee I have never gotten a regular coffee from there but have gotten plenty of other drinks

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree!, In fact, much of their coffee beans are what is called *floor sweepings*, because all the flavor is from the syrups and flavorings are just that............all the flavor!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Quote:
The blended drinks are the big appeal, but by offering 3 different roasts they have grown their basic coffee sales a lot. It's all a matter of taste. I need a bold roasted coffee flavor partly because I do not sweeten coffee at all. I can tolerate Dunin Donuts coffee, but McDonald's and almost all other coffee tastes like dishwater to me - no flavor! I enjoy the rotation of dark roast flavors and can tell them apart.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #11
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Well, I'm excited... IMHO

Sources have stated that Main Street Bakery will still offer select favorite items in addition to the Starbucks menu. Maybe this will be the case here as well? They may offer a few sundaes? I can't really think of anywhere else in Epcot you can pick one up anyway...

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
It's more about the specialty drinks than regular coffee I have never gotten a regular coffee from there but have gotten plenty of other drinks

agree...

starbucks has never been about slingin' joe...

its the specialty drinks and the urban/coffeehouse environment that made starbucks big...

i like the strong starbucks beans...coffee by definition doesn't "taste good"...its basically a form of near IV caffeine...so if you're gonna drink it - might as well make it strong...

but the point is that if you simply want a cup o joe...go to your gas station or dunkin sewage water...starbucks is the wrong place

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 04-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
The blended drinks are the big appeal, but by offering 3 different roasts they have grown their basic coffee sales a lot. It's all a matter of taste. I need a bold roasted coffee flavor partly because I do not sweeten coffee at all. I can tolerate Dunin Donuts coffee, but McDonald's and almost all other coffee tastes like dishwater to me - no flavor! I enjoy the rotation of dark roast flavors and can tell them apart.
Well, being a fan of brewing includes coffee. I have probably tried every brand of coffee bean, some extremely expensive, with the goal of finding something to put starbucks to shame, but alas, no luck. Most roasters under roast their darker roasts, (its cheaper and most people can't tell) and do not get the desired flavors/ aromas. Starbucks espresso roast (a mid dark of the dark roasts)is darker than most other so called french or even italian roasts.

My only disappointment would be that their bean "culling" has dropped off from years ago as far as having a large variance in bean size as compared to other higher quality roasters.

Their espresso drinks are excellent IMO. I would never buy a cup of coffee from them or anyone. Just can't drink the swill.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~I find it very hard to get "excited" about Starbucks, it's so overrated, and I've seen quality slip over the years -- it's very hit or miss with the baristas. And, I'm not bashing -- my gold card remains active and you can find me on any given day with a tea or occasionally a lemon loaf. But, Starbucks is in every complex, on every corner, gas station, university, grocery store, mall, airport. I'm not opposed to them at Disney, but it's no big whoop for me, seriously. I'm glad others are thrilled.

Last edited by DRDISNEYMD; 04-19-2013 at 11:35 PM.
DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #15
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD
~I find it very hard to get "excited" about Starbucks, it's so overrated, and I've seen quality slip over the years -- it's very hit or miss with the baristas. And, I'm not bashing -- my gold card remains active and you can find me on any given day with a tea or occasionally a lemon loaf. But, Starbucks is in every complex, on every corner, gas station, university, grocery store, mall, airport. I'm not opposed to them at Disney, but it's no big whoop for me, seriously. I'm glad others are thrilled.
overated...perhaps.

Also in that category are the Disney baked goods, a significant number of Disney employees, Disney's menu choices, the locations we're "losing", and the variety that Disney has offered for years.

So what are we really debating? Nothing may be gained...but nothing is really being lost either. At a minimum it's a push.

The nescrafe coffee being currently served is so bad it isn't even "rated"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: